DHS Employee Reviews

Helping people move forward
Human Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Anoka County, MNMay 4, 2018
Most people are reasonably able to help if you have an issue. It is a collaborative effort to care for clients. Staff meeting once a month. Supervisor is welcoming of new information and is on top of things very quickly.
Pros
Can have fun while working
Cons
Can be understaffed at times
Stressful
Chore Provider (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 30, 2018
It's not a good career move this for peolpe that can not pay for the care of themselves or family members there are perks and the hassle is just no worth it
Pros
You your own boss
Cons
low pay
I do not wish to respond
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 28, 2018
I do not wish to respond and am being forced by indeed to respond to this in order to proceed with my job search and I feel it is very unprofessional and inconvenient to be forced into this.
Stressful workplace
Social Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa & claremoreApril 25, 2018
Dependable job with Reasonable benefits but poor pay!
Enjoyed what I did the last 4 years thoroughly! Had my husband not got sick I would have stayed there rather than retiring out as I loved what I did!
Pros
Fairly stable dependable job
Cons
No advancement, no pay raises
Great
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSApril 24, 2018
A great program
They help me grow in the work history
Great jods
Understanding people
Great classes to help you get prepared for the jobs and what comes with the jobs
never know what you are going to get
Inhome Caregiver (Former Employee) –  North Bend, ORApril 24, 2018
In home is very demanding. you have the client and their spouse most of the time. It is very slow paced and fairly easy work. There is more mental stress involved than anything. After all we are talking Dementia... At least that is all that I have done and after 14 years I need more stability. When you loose a client you have to find the next one. Not always easy.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
you have to clean fanny
Enjoy helping the needy.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILApril 8, 2018
Help my client with daily chores and errands to make her life easier. DHS is easily accessible for any questions I ever had an issue with. I enjoy helping my client.
Pros
One on one help.
Cons
Wish they could give more hours.
Review
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKApril 7, 2018
Nothing bad to say about this company. The children I worked with were amazing, as well as most of the coworkers. Some of the social workers did have too many cases that made it hard on them.
Pros
Good children cowork
Cons
Bad social workers
Laid back
Temp-mailing/filing (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 15, 2018
Never a dull moment. Always something different to learn about and something different to see. Some days are stressful and some days are laid back. Everyone works together and enjoys one another
The job was ok.
Filing and data entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2018
Not enough workers, and some workers were not helpful. Very cold to the customers. Some of the case workers need Customer Service classes. My work load was hard, we had a lot of work to do. A lot of back work that need to be finished. But the work experience was great.
Dhs
Social Worker I (Former Employee) –  West Point, MSFebruary 26, 2018
Being a clerk had it's glories and perks . A typical day was not stressful at all. It was bearable. It was not a hard job to do. Although the most difficult part was filing for child support. It was a lot of files to do , but it did not last long after I became efficient with my job. After I got done doing the busiest things, I resumed my clerk position. The management was good. The manager was a great person to work up under, she was very consistent. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people and the public. It is a awesome place, I recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
office setting
Cons
no vacation
Great work place yo meet great people that really need help
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2018
The best place to go to for assistance for your love ones personal assistance for the elderly childcare for children dhs is great in many ways budget are short sometimes but I enjoy helping others if I can make a difference in one person life a day I feel rich.
Pros
I get the chance to do what I love doing
Great work place.
Family protection sprcialiat (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 4, 2018
I enjoyed being a family protection specialist but me and my supervisor didn't get along too well. She didn't give me a chance, she wanted me to move to the county in which I worked in as soon s I got out of training. I told her I wasn't financially able to move right then. I really never got a chance to perform my job. I had no doubt that I would have been a great family protection specialist.
Pros
Paid leave
Cons
The company offered gtrat insurance.
getting stuff done
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILFebruary 2, 2018
This job can be anything really. Be prepared for anything to happen or to be asked to do things you really don't want to. always show up with a smile.
overall
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2018
i had a passion for my job, i miss the clients . the politics was a bit to much. There was a lot of great officers there ,but it was hard for them to become better because of the politics
Pros
helping with people lif
Cons
unhealthy mentally
work at home
Homemaker/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2018
it really easy work because I work from home in get to watch me baby I cook,clean,make store runs do different stuff for her in so really need me but I need another job to hold me over because I have a baby I have to take care of in bills
Pros
clock out for lunch
Cons
long break
intense and constant care of troubled teens
Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, ARJanuary 25, 2018
Typical day starts signing in yourself, cell, and keys due to it being a locked down facility. Taking roll call for the kids in class and sitting in till school lets out. From there we take the kids to there dorm rooms where they are expected to clean the dorm and do homework till dinner. After dinner is yard work till shower time then bed.
Working for this facility showed me patients and understanding for others as well as dealing with a divers cultures and beliefs.
The hardest part would be dealing with the troubled teens sporadic harsh behavior.
The most enjoyable is the deference made to the kids.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no breaks
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 16, 2018
It’s a good place to work, part time or full time. I do recommend it. The pay is great, you can ask for more hours if you like. I only worked the hours I wanted.
Would work here again.
Nice place to work
CNA Home Health (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoyed working here as I was able to assist those that were not able to assist themselves. As well as provide company to the residents to keep their Spirits positive as it was very hard for them to maintain daily activities on their own with little or no family around.
Great place for helping Others
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2018
Wonderful place for helping others. Worked with a dear friends mother and had to opportunity to evaluate my care given and the outcome of my care. My work was very well appreciated in this environment.
Pros
Helping a friend
Cons
Care that other home health aides provided