Diakon Logistics Employee Reviews

Takes over your life, no work life balance...
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 31, 2018
start at 5am, could work until 8-9pm some days. no time for family or personal events in your life. Pretty much have to make this job your life, and be on call 24/7. position is more of a middle man for their clients, you take the heat for everything from the clients mistakes or broken promises. too much micro-management!
Pros
direct deposit
Cons
all aspects of the position
Stressful and busy,
CONTRACT DRIVER DELIVERING APPLIANCES (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 4, 2017
The job is very busy delivering appliances and some customer are great and some are picky and in bad moods but as long as you get job done without problems its cool
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long days
good people to work with
Inspector and repair (Former Employee) –  Plum, PAOctober 31, 2017
the people are nice and the work is easy. the envoiment is good and everyone helps to get the job done. the pay is good and the boss is agood person.
Laid back environment
Delivery Support Representative / Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46219September 21, 2017
I would answer calls and place them to customers about their deliveries and deal with any potential issues that may crop up about their orders. It was very laid back but it could be potentially frustrating at times just due to how customer service can be with rude people. But you take the good with the bad and just roll with it.
It's a mans world
Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 29, 2017
A lot of upper management did not seem to think a woman could do a logistics supervisor job. This made work feel even harder than it is. No concrete plans, and if there was a plan there was no follow through on the floor. Unreasonable hours even for a start up( over 75 every week for over 6 weeks) , low opinion of its workers.
Great Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
This is a very good company to work for. The management team works well together and provides all necessary support required.Growth is at a steady pace.
A mediocre place to work for, it had it's up's and downs
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 31, 2017
The Sears managers where good, but Diakon had issues with there people, just couldn't get it right, It seems that there was always a problem, with keeping contractors there.
High Turn Around Rate
Delivery Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 15, 2017
The work load with this company is fairly straight forward once you learn your way around the different systems they use. There is no training set nor training provided. You must relay completely on what you know and what you can pick up from your coworkers around you. Which is the cause, in my opinion, of the high turn around rate. Within this company I have learned how to think fast under pressure, to help drivers with issues which improved my communication skills. Management unfortunately was very poor and had an even higher turn around rate than their DSR position.
Good Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2017
Great place to work in. Management is great and are wonderful when it comes to helping their employees as well as teaching the new ones. Unfortunately not much room to grow.
This place has potential
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2017
I loved working with the drivers and some team mates. The work it's self is great if you can perform without micro management and learn fast. I loved this place but the management does not management and they let their employees take over. Employees talk to them crazy and they allow anything. No advancement.

Want to know more about Diakon Logistics?

Ask a question
Everyday is reacationary, never any back up plans for the things that go wrong everyday.
Distribution Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 11, 2017
If I learned anything here it has been patience. There is always someone not doing what they are supposed to do and management being perfectly happy with that.
Great company. They cared a lot about there employees.
Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAOctober 30, 2016
Made sure trucks were loaded with the right freight. Made sure paper work was correct and trucks got out in time. It was problem have enough staff sometimes however my co-worker always came together to get the job done.
Stay away
2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brownsburg, INOctober 23, 2016
No organization with this company. They will use you up and then let you go for no reason. Long hours, no family life and low pay.
Pretty good place to work
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 21, 2016
Diakon is a growing company with plenty of advancement opportunities. My typical work day starts at 5:30 am and doesn't usually end until 7:30 pm. All of the workers at Diakon really work well and helping each other get better and they really try to help each individual grow and move up in the company.
Pros
Pay is very good
Cons
Work long hours and always in a different city each week
Active work environment
Delivery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Steelton, PAJuly 15, 2016
I typically arrive early in the morning to conduct a stand up with my drivers. I support them, our client, and our customers throughout the day until all deliveries are completed.
Very good company to work for
Operations Manager 1 (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2016
Coorporate office staff was very knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to assist managers in the field.
Very stressful environment to work in, with the limited way this company is set up. Managers are required to several hats at any given time. Multi tasking is the only way to survive at this company.
Not a good place to work!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 11, 2016
This company will not train you. When they hire you, you are expected to learn and teach yourself. No professionalism at all. The management curses like sailors!! Don't waste you're time with this company.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Culture
I loved my job.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irwin, PAJune 25, 2016
I loved my job. I worked in the warehouse and there were more pros than cons. Co-workers were very nice. A typical day at work was checking in delivery drivers and afterwards unloading trailers for next day shipment. Management was good at times. Hardest part of the day was depending on the weather as to we were in a warehouse with no heat or air. Most enjoyable part of the day were the breaks we always had together.
Pros
Very considerate as far as providing bottled water, buying us lunch on occasion, and giving us extra breaks in harsher weather conditions.
Upper management lacks compassion for employees
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMay 3, 2016
I quit this position due to an interaction with a VP who would not allow me to take off for a funeral and laughed at me when I asked why. I am under the impression that this person is no longer there but it should have never been tolerated.
overall good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2015
could have used a better organized office environment. management was great and always backed up their employees. willing to work with your strengths