DialAmerica

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Similar to highschool

Dial America has a few managers who will go out of their way to help you. It does seem like they play favorites and you need to play their game. No matter how good your stats are, you are still getting paid the same as the guy next to you. There is a lot of drama. Overtime is occasionally offered. You can set a schedule and they are open 24/7.

Agent taking calls

Still going not really much to say new Job still learning but so far it’s easy I caught on immediately the customers can be really nasty for no good reason you literally have to have patience

Pros

Easy job you learn from

Cons

Sometimes calls come in back to back

Easy job made difficult by constantly changing rules and unclear standards

Very stressful work environment. There is constant pressure to make more calls, more sales. Everything is monitored. Calls have to be just the right length. Too long and they say you are wasting time, too short and they say it is "call avoidance." Time away from the phone is limited to 3 minutes per hour. Standards change a lot. On one call they might doc you for not following their script. The script is all important. That is until the computer that monitors the calls decides that you did not say a certain word or phrase that is nowhere to be found on the script. This is a good job for keeping money coming in while you continue your job search. The hiring process is brief and they will hire people with a broad range of skills and experience.

Pros

Quick hiring process. Many different skills and experience can be applied to the job

Cons

High turn-over and shifting rules and standards.

Terrible place to work

There employee turnover rate is so high for a reason. They don’t care about there employees at all. They treat them as disposable robots. They were very inflexible and all they cared about were the numbers and metrics. Which wEre unreasonable to begin with. The interview was an entire lie of what to expect.

Pros

Nice people worked with us

Cons

So many.

Good work environment, Great co-workers, poor compensation

With this job I really enjoyed the work/life flexibility, as well as the my co-workers and supervisors. Everything about this branch is so positive. It gave me a chance to work on my sales and people skills by selling cards and providing customer service. I would like to stay here if the pay was not so little! DialAmerica corporation is not as invested in the employees as supervisors of the Erie branch.

Pros

free food, parties

Cons

personnel break time, pay

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Overall pretty good

If you need a quick job and easy work this is good for you. Overall pay isn’t great but definitely good for temporary work. I liked working while I’m here but definitely not something I’d do for the rest of my life.

Pros

Cons

Pay/monotonous

I absolutely loved it there!

I worked there for a little over a year, from the moment I walked into the door I felt very welcomed. The people are fantastic, management and co workers! It is not your ordinary call center, they love to have fun and make work more enjoyable. They have fun dress down days and they love to feed you on special days. Your hard work will never go unnoticed! By far one of my favorite jobs.

Pros

Fun environment

Great environment low pay

At the Mahwah NJ office the atmosphere is wonderful. Everyone is friendly in the office and they offer a work from home option. The only problem is the lack of pay.

Pros

Great environment, Good managers, friendly people

Cons

Short breaks, low pay

Productive and fun workplace

Good place to work great coworkers and boss was really nice and attentive tried to help in any way she could, everyone was nice and friendly and the customers weren’t bad

flexible schedule

Typical call center environment. I have an insurance background as well as hospital billing experience so working insurance calls was fun for me. Supervisors were sometimes difficult but I was able to ignore that as it only affected me in certain situations

Pros

flex schedule

Cons

unfulfilled promises

Yes it is a fun and productive workspace.

I believe DialAmerica to be a fine establishment, they are direct about what they want from you and have high expectations. However they make you want to meet those expectations because the workspace is filled with positive energy. Not only that they also aren’t strict when it comes to having emergencies in your life such as a family member getting sick, or even if you are sick. Dial America‘s main cores consist of doing your job feeling good while doing your job and feeling safe in your environment.

Pros

They have these days such as cookie days or just even company T-shirt and jeans day.

Credit card sales suck

Overall not an awful place to work if you're not doing credit card sales and if you have no underlying health issues. The pay is poor, over minimum wage but not enough to support 1 person with a roommate with any breathing room whatsoever, so God forbid you have any sort of medical issue or illness. If you're doing credit card sales (outbound) then you must have a very thick skin and a lot of patience, management pushes you constantly to get more and more sales despite how difficult the job is by nature and how much of it is based on luck of who you call. No benefits, incentives are impossible to reach, and bonuses from making sales on tough days/tough campaigns are minimal at best. Overall if you're working here the best you can do is go for any inbound program and even then how good this job can be is negligible.

Pros

Sometimes they have pizza?

Cons

Not enough personal break time (ykno for bathroom breaks), poor pay, incentives for better pay are borderline impossible to meet (especially if you're chronically ill)

good money without hard physical work

Stay on the phone, stay on script, work your schedule, and get ahead.Appreciative customers make up for the shouting ones, but the shouters can get on your nerves if you take them personally. Mine is the only program that gets shouters, but I get a $ incentive for that.

Pros

games for saves, lottery tickets, candy, etc.

Cons

Cell phone not allowed on call floor

Not a job for main earners

Very low pay which they say you can make up for in commission. You are constantly gathered for meetings where you are told to sell sell sell. Pressure

Pros

Nice co- workers

Cons

Low pay and favoritism from mgt.

Short Lived

Was employed here for about two months about four years ago. Shortest job I’ve ever had. I enjoyed it at first but the enthusiasm immediately went after I was constantly degraded by my team leader who pretty much flat out told me that he’s certain the job wasn’t the right fit for me and that there was no hope. I’ve witnessed him go to other team leaders and slander me. The managers did not care about you as a person. All you were to them was a number on a screen.

meh

When I was with the company they went through large series of laying people off. I asked if I needed to be worried and was told no, 2 days later I was laid off. Then when I applied for unemployment the representative told me that the company reported to them that I quit my position, when that was not the case. Before I was laid I realized some of the people laid off before me had been promised with good work ethic they would receive a bonus for all the hard work.. these people met those requirements and were told they would be receiving that bonus then they were laid off and told they would not be getting those bonuses. Individuals were laid off because the company didn't have enough hours but yet it was being reported that those individuals were fired because of poor work ethic. On top of this if you are given a schedule even if something comes up as an emergency and you can't make it into work they hold that against you and it effects your adherence, with low adherence(even if emergency) you risk getting fired.

sure

never a dull day. always working on problem solving and figuring out the best solution to whatever problem/issue came our way. everyone was great to work with.

Keep up schedule adherence

It's an okay place to work. You learn a lot of different programs which is great. They do give back to their employees which is another great thing. If they up the pay it would be a true blessing

Horrible Place

Pay sucks, managers are horrible there. There is no advancement whatsoever unless you know the managers. You can't work OT and managers don't expect you to have a life outside work, they do not care if you have family emergencies or any sort of issues, they will mark you down and give you a final.

Think twice before applying

I start by saying don’t work here. Very stressful and no appreciation from higher up staff. A few individual there wanted to help others thrive & be successful. Others only worried bout quotas & numbers.

A great way to kickstart your career

Dial america is a great entry job but they make it hard for most people to stay there long term. Although most of the staff is fairly friendly, the management isn’t very concerned with how the employees feel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DialAmerica. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5
2.7

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
1.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight