DialAmerica

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Great employees. Pay and benefits art not adequate.

Learn the products and then provide sales service. The pay and benefits do not provide for a culture that makes the work worthwhile. Like most jobs that are taken in desperation to stay out of debt this is another that is a band aid that is not effective.

Pros

Good teammates.

Cons

Inadequate pay and benefits.

Always changing work environment

Pays very little, programs always changing, no benefits or paid time off, no room for growth, no holiday pay, basic health insurance plans, started at $9 an hour

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay

It was a very fun place, I feel like if your just getting a job as a teenager this is where you would go for your first job

I worked for unemployment is was really fun at first loved it , but then I didn’t understand my pay then I got moved to ads which dropped my pay a lot

Pros

Make our own schedule

Cons

Terrible pay manager only get paid 13.50 no where to move up in, managers messy and talk about you in unprofessional manner

Fun work environment

They management really does care about you as an employee and as a person. But the pay is not there for what you have to put what with from the callers.

Pros

Free food a lot, upbeat atmosphere

Cons

Low pay

Team environment but Extremely low pay

The pay is extremely low. They will purposely wait until training to tell you your accurate wages. $11/hr is not enough money for the amount of calls and type of people you deal with.

Pros

Long lunches, Team environment

Cons

Low pay

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Great place to work.its a great place to work

It's a great place to work. They really care about their employees. The schedule is flexible and they will work with you. The job can be mundane sometimes and you don't get payed much. They tend to be unorganized.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay

Fun workplace

Management is great. No benefits though if you're not a supervisor. Can be stressful at times but management can be very supportive. No guarantees the program you're on will still be there.

Complete waste of time

This place is not worth the pay. The managment is not professional. They tell you your getting paid 11 to 15 an hour but when you get there they only offer 10 based. Experienced or not it is not worth it.

Money

Having a family, this is not the place to work!!! This place will not work as the pay is minimum wage you can raise it if you stay on script and say everything word PER WORD so even if you make a word plural on accident they will pay you less! Managers can care less about you or your family. I had to leave work various times ( because my kids caretaker couldn’t take care of her anymore as one of my kiddos got sick and she didn’t want the other kids to get sick as well) I had to go pick her up and leave work early and called one day off and one of the managers I had mentioned to me that I have to care about work OVER MY CHILDREN!?? And have to work no matter what??? And I had to quit after she said it because not even my work comes before my kids.PLUS Pay was not worth it. And glad I found a better job than this because managers, supervisors and some others don’t care about Your work to life balance PLUS there are NO BENEFITS that are worth it

Very easy to be hired..When hired, they do not tell you that there are no benefits, paid time off or paid holidays

Managers have favorites. Certain people are able to get the schedules they want. Pay is low. No vacation. No sick pay. No paid time off. Benefits are expensive. No chance of advancement.

Pros

Option to work from home

Cons

No paid vacation or holidays. No sick pay. Low pay.

Not a good place to work for college graduates

It's not a good place to work for anyone with a college degree. No room for promotion, no program for veterans, and no benefits. High turnover rate.

Pros

Paid job training

Cons

No benefits

It’s not a good place for career advancement.

A good place to work if you need the money. No place for advancement and no benefits. I wouldn’t recommend it for college graduates. Not professional.

Pros

Weekly pay.

Cons

Unprofessional

Highly Inclusive, but Bad Pay

The environment is absolutely amazing. Super inclusive, and highly diverse. The management was good when I was there. The only down side: you can't fully take a lunch without it docking your pay, since lunches are unpaid. If you schedule yourself for 37 hours, but take your lunches, you get docked a dollar an hour. Instead of 11 for the beginning program they put you on, it gets dropped to 10. Other programs do offer more, but it's still the same way: if you take a lunch under their lie that the flexible hours work for you, they don't. You also get financially punished for being a single parent. So, outwardly your teammates and direct management for the teams are really nice and amazing people, the pay rate and how it works is a joke.

Pros

Inclusive, Happy Atmosphere

Cons

Pay Rate, bad for single parents, can't take lunch without it docking your pay

Flexible but no room to grow

Work schedule is very flexible, and management is great. It’s an easy job but pay is a little bit low. Overall it’s a okay job but no room for advancement.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Low pay

Great people, meh job.

So I will say, the people and the vibe you get at this place is unlike any other. You will make amazing friends. But don’t expect any good money, good work content or benefits. Only managers get pto, and the wages are based off the times youll work. The company can just up and switch what program you’re working for so you have to work days you want off or were getting off.

Pros

Good coworkers, fun environment

Cons

No paid time off, low pay

Untrustworthy management, no benefits.

Middle management sucks. Can't trust anyone. - they will lie to save themselves, and lie to your face. No benefits, no compassion for tragic events that happen in people's lives. Human resources is a joke. Work anywhere but here!!!

Pros

Silly little treats on made up holidays.

Cons

Ten minutes breaks instead of fifteen.

Meh

It is okay, but pay is completely awful. The work is not hard in any capacity whatsoever, but it is very draining. People there are nice though. They cycle through new people very quickly however

Pros

Easy, no stress

Cons

Short breaks, pay, boring

good work place

the work place is great, super friendly environment. pay is low but considering the amount of work you do it’s okay. days go by fast and there are employee events.

Pretty good company, just terrible pay

DialAmerica is a typical call center with a crew that is willing to help you advance, however the pay is not the best. They are flexible with scheduling and will work with your needs if you communicate it to them

Fun Workplace, Supportive Staff

I love working at Dial America. The staff there is very supportive and willing to help you achieve your goals; however, the wages aren't as high as other jobs in the area, but you get paid every week. I guess that's a plus.

Pros

Supportive hard working staff team

Cons

Wages/Pay

It’s okay

For a first job or part time it would be okay. They lie about pay it’s 9.25 an hour, some of the management is iffy 85% of the time. The job itself is okay just not for 9.25. From personal experience I’d say don’t waste your time on them cause I’m done and not looking back.

Pros

Cool people, good learning experience

Cons

Management, low wage, hard to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DialAmerica. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DialAmerica.
Powered byComparably