DialogueDirect Employee Reviews

Fun cool relaxed place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 23, 2018
I like the hours the staff was good enovirment was clean and safe great parking area , many of restaurants near by great commute to and from home love the hours
Pros
Pot luck
Cons
30 min breaks
It’s very “catty”
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Management is very unqualified. The different jobs in there are based on the “campaign” that you work for. However, it’s very catty and mean. The parking lot is a mile away from the building which sucks during rainy and winter days.
Pros
The cafeteria
Cons
Pay
productive
Inbound Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 18, 2018
Take inbound customer calls inquiring about billing and any changes for their student records. Research and resolve items relating to customer service issues. Work closely with team members
not the easiest job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day consists of standing outside in highly populated spaces trying to get people to sign up and sponsor a child in an underdeveloped country. Not an easy job, more mentally rewarding than financially.
productive working environment
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2018
DialogueDirect is a fundraising company for charities. So, working there was awesome just because the mission was superb. A typical day consisted of meeting in downtown for a morning meeting, and then going to site's. It is an 8 hour work day so, long hours spent working on your feet. Not everyone can do this job.
Pros
benefits, team nights
Cons
no job security
September 13, 2018

Thank you for the review and your work in the Los Angeles campaign! We're glad that you felt so aligned with mission in helping our charity partners. Our work is very unique and may not be for everyone, so it's important to us that we provide extensive training and team support to help team members find consistent success. We would appreciate any details you can provide on the job security as we are always looking to improve. (cola@dialoguedirect.com) Thank you again for your work and we're pleased that you enjoyed the team nights, benefits, and environment! Best of luck in your next steps!

Learn a lot, Not for everyone
Summer Intern Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
It's not an easy job if you are not outgoing and personable. That can be learned, but a lot of people dropped within the first few days. You are on your feet all day, and it can be mentally and physically draining. I was lucky to be placed with such an awesome team that most days it was due to them that I continued. Overall I learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of. If you work with great people, the day will go quickly and you will learn a lot from them as well.
Pros
Great people, good compensation if you succeed
Cons
Long days, mentally and physically exhausting
September 13, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and review! Constant learning and team mentality are two of our values, so it is great to hear how much you were able to grow during your internship in New York. We understand that the role can challenge us mentally and physically since we are communicating with people through the day and working to empower others. As it may not be a perfect fit for everyone, we do agree with you that it helps people learn and utilize their potential. All the while gain the rewards of team comradery and good compensation. Thank you again for sharing your takeaways and your great work this summer!

It's fundraising...
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2018
And its not easy. The overall culture and style of management was super competitive. The job itself is not as bad as you would think, people are rude and can be brash with you. But you learn a lot about yourself and how to communicate effectively with other people. Some of the managers are better than others, a good experience overall. Additionally if you are good at the job, you will be paid well. Remember the culture and environment is about results and being your best you. The actual purpose of your job and function is not as clear as stated by managers.
Pros
Good skills acquired, paid well (if you're good), kind employees, intense culture
Cons
Intense culture, high turnover, most people rude or mean, fundraising difficult
August 17, 2018

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you had a good experience in our San Francisco campaign! We agree, our role is not easy but we do believe it is rewarding as you mentioned. Though we cannot control the actions of general public, we purposefully build our culture to help each team member acquire skills and a mindset to succeed. We appreciate your feedback on the communication of the job function, as we're always looking for ways to improve. We're glad that you were able to learn and grow through the internship and wish you the best of luck in your career!

Ok company
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2018
The jobs it fun and you get to meet a lot of cool people. Fun meetings. This is a great summer job and that is it. No job security at all!!!! Long days outside in rain, heat and snow. You have to work non-stop to meet goals. You feel like your being pushed all the time, with no breaks.
Pros
Bonus with donors and employees referrals
Cons
Long days in all types of weather. Standing all day.
Great job if you last
Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 26, 2018
A super difficult job to get good at, but you build long-lasting relationships with your coworkers and are offered plenty of opportunity for advancement. Definitely an atmosphere of pressuring you to work beyond your obligatory time, though.
Pros
relationships, ability to bonus
Cons
base pay is low, work life balance not encouraged, abuse from strangers
productive, fast paced,seasonal.
Inbound Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2018
Productive, fast paced. It was a seasonal job. Wonderful people to work with, lot of help if needed.Supervisor always willing to help you achieve your goal. No place to park your car, you had to walk quite a distance, if raining you got wet.I liked selling medicare to the clients, they were the reason for the season.
Summary
Frito Lay Distribution Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 24, 2018
Dialogue was a company that paid the bills, the people were nice and the work load wasnt bad at all. I could not elevate working there, therefore I decided to leave.
Learning Experience
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 20, 2018
It was a great training for the future. I would recommend the to anyone who wants a career change in Customer Experience. They have extensive training and great people who will help you grow
fun workplace
Dialoguer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2018
fun crowd of people to work with. such a family envioment. ie in the way everyone there is like a second family. travel oppertunities. good pay and good hours
Pros
good attitudes, good pay. good management.
Cons
outside but thats in the job info. will get negative nancys
You meet some great people but thats pretty much it.
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Dialogue Direct is a place where you grow as a person. You can tell when people BS you and when people are sincere. I met some of the most amazing people here and some not so amazing. The job is never advertised for what it truly is. IT IS A CANVASSING JOB! Nothing bad of course. If you have never canvassed and are curious, give it a try, you may actually find out you are good at being persuasive and signing people up. There is a quota you have to meet every week after your "training period". Don't worry you will get paid for training. You will work in any condition, (rain, snow, hail, extreme heat) you name it. Even if it rains cats and dogs. This job is not for everyone. If you like working in an environment where its hard to tell the good from the false than this job is for you. Also, you have to learn stuff on your own since not everything is explained. The pay scale is not for everyone.
Pros
Amazing co workers, network with random strangers on the streets
Cons
Low Pay, No job work/ life balance
Work hard, grow, and succeed
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2018
It's impossible to describe the life of a face-to-face fundraiser in a few sentences. Suffice to say, working at Dialogue Direct will throw you into a world you never knew existed, and the options are either to grow quickly, advancing your skill set, confidence, and leadership ability in way's you never have before, or simply give up after a few days (which is the turn-over rate).

If you do stay, you're guaranteed to make life long friendships, travel the country, raise hundreds of thousands for non-profit work, and have one of the most rewarding yet humbling experiences of your life.
interesting place
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
This company was very interesting to be a part of. The best thing about it was the new people I met and how much I grew in terms of talking to strangers.
Raising money for great charities
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2018
At first DialogueDirect is a great job, especially for people right out of college. Very young workplace with average age between 20 and 23. Work for great charities and feel like you're making a difference. During my time I raised the equivalent of $100,000/year. After a while however, canvassing loses its appeal. Through constant rejection and having to stand in the weather, the turnover rate is almost impressive. Not for the weak, but if you can stand it, a very rewarding job.
Pros
Ability to quickly grow
Cons
Basically required overtime to hit targets
Pyramid scheme. Stay away
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2018
A thankless, cut-throat job. It's a pyramid scheme. You sign up donors, and everyone above you gets a cut of what you bring in. The coworkers are fun and there is a collegial environment, but if you don't sign up 7 people per week consistently, you'll get fired. Upper management and some team leads have done shady stuff to get signups. Avoid this company at all costs.
August 9, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the team atmosphere in our Chicago campaign. Our mission is to connect our charity partners with great donors to foster real and lasting change – so we have standards to ensure we’re supporting that mission and not taking away from it.

Training and support is provided for every individual joining our team to make sure they develop the skillset necessary for such difficult, but rewarding, work. We’re proud and appreciative of our team leaders and reward them for their extensive effort and time helping grow our teams. Investing in our team members and leaders is a cornerstone of the culture to improve every day and continue to be at the forefront of fundraising organizations across the world. If you have specific concerns you would like to follow up on, please contact us at cola@dialoguedirect.com.

Poorly Marketed Canvassing Job w/ Concerning Compensation Plan
"Charity Brand Ambassador" (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 27, 2017
If you thrive in an environment that challenges you to stand for around 7+ hours a day in any weather with the intention of meeing a quota, this is the job for you. The work environment is extremely upbeat and positive, and it is true that the experience allows you to build resistance to verbal abuse and constant criticism from passers-by. You are expected to meet a certain amount of donors per day, and if not you are put "on target", or told you will be let go. This is understandable and seems part of the job. However, in their initial paperwork (as well as vocally), they stipulate an approximate $400 weekly pay which centers around a 40-hour work week. You have the chance to make bonuses if you secure more donors but it is clearly expressed that you will not make significantly less. When I worked here, I received no benefits yet had nearly 23% of my weekly checks taken out for taxes, thus receiving around $307 for weeks of around 40-45 hours. If quotas were not met, we were pressured to work all day on Saturdays yet never compensated. We did not receive health benefits until after 90 days despite the large deductions from our paychecks, but many of us quit before that point for various reasons.

I believe that Dialogue Direct offers the opportunity for people to challenge themselves and become immersed in a hyper-positive environment. While the job does encourage personal growth and certainly improves interpersonal communication skills, it is incorrectly advertised and is not upfront about what it entails. Myself and other coworkers expressed concerns about the false advertising
  more... of the job description and the apparent discrepancies between our pay and that of the office lead and head canvasser below her, seeing as we constantly were not given the chance to log our work hours without this individual ultimately logging them in incorrectly. True, the high turnover rate may be due to the inability of some to face the harsh working conditions of the position, but it comes across as dishonest when a company with such apparent ethics takes advantage of its employees in this manner. I entered this job with dedication and the willingness to work amongst ethical and driven individuals, and was surprised to find that it is not the company it appears to be. There is great potential here, and it saddens me that this company takes advantage of its employees and avoids an honest approach.  less
Pros
Positive environment, fast-paced, encourages growth, entertaining
Cons
Low pay, false advertising, unpaid overtime, unethical management
Productive but hard to balance outside life
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
Do not I repeat do not be fooled by the payout you see here!!!!! Payout is low and everyone tries to prentend it's a great place work but the higher ups are not so great...they stay inside and work while you get paid chump change and hope for commission...so if you like working outside it's for you!! If not beware don't do this job unless it's your last option..and short breaks. Nor do they really care about the charities from their heart they only want the commission. The commission is hard to get because not everyone is willing to pull their card out in the street but some people do it's not impossible but more people will walk away from you. You do have some fun but just think about it and research before you do it!!!
Pros
Possibility for commission and growth
Cons
Short breaks, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DialogueDirect. Our community is ready to answer.