DialogueDirect Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ok company
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2018
The jobs it fun and you get to meet a lot of cool people. Fun meetings. This is a great summer job and that is it. No job security at all!!!! Long days outside in rain, heat and snow. You have to work non-stop to meet goals. You feel like your being pushed all the time, with no breaks.
Pros
Bonus with donors and employees referrals
Cons
Long days in all types of weather. Standing all day.
Great job if you last
Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 26, 2018
A super difficult job to get good at, but you build long-lasting relationships with your coworkers and are offered plenty of opportunity for advancement. Definitely an atmosphere of pressuring you to work beyond your obligatory time, though.
Pros
relationships, ability to bonus
Cons
base pay is low, work life balance not encouraged, abuse from strangers
productive, fast paced,seasonal.
Inbound Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2018
Productive, fast paced. It was a seasonal job. Wonderful people to work with, lot of help if needed.Supervisor always willing to help you achieve your goal. No place to park your car, you had to walk quite a distance, if raining you got wet.I liked selling medicare to the clients, they were the reason for the season.
Summary
Frito Lay Distribution Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 24, 2018
Dialogue was a company that paid the bills, the people were nice and the work load wasnt bad at all. I could not elevate working there, therefore I decided to leave.
Learning Experience
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 20, 2018
It was a great training for the future. I would recommend the to anyone who wants a career change in Customer Experience. They have extensive training and great people who will help you grow
fun workplace
Dialoguer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2018
fun crowd of people to work with. such a family envioment. ie in the way everyone there is like a second family. travel oppertunities. good pay and good hours
Pros
good attitudes, good pay. good management.
Cons
outside but thats in the job info. will get negative nancys
You meet some great people but thats pretty much it.
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Dialogue Direct is a place where you grow as a person. You can tell when people BS you and when people are sincere. I met some of the most amazing people here and some not so amazing. The job is never advertised for what it truly is. IT IS A CANVASSING JOB! Nothing bad of course. If you have never canvassed and are curious, give it a try, you may actually find out you are good at being persuasive and signing people up. There is a quota you have to meet every week after your "training period". Don't worry you will get paid for training. You will work in any condition, (rain, snow, hail, extreme heat) you name it. Even if it rains cats and dogs. This job is not for everyone. If you like working in an environment where its hard to tell the good from the false than this job is for you. Also, you have to learn stuff on your own since not everything is explained. The pay scale is not for everyone.
Pros
Amazing co workers, network with random strangers on the streets
Cons
Low Pay, No job work/ life balance
Work hard, grow, and succeed
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2018
It's impossible to describe the life of a face-to-face fundraiser in a few sentences. Suffice to say, working at Dialogue Direct will throw you into a world you never knew existed, and the options are either to grow quickly, advancing your skill set, confidence, and leadership ability in way's you never have before, or simply give up after a few days (which is the turn-over rate).

If you do stay, you're guaranteed to make life long friendships, travel the country, raise hundreds of thousands for non-profit work, and have one of the most rewarding yet humbling experiences of your life.
interesting place
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
This company was very interesting to be a part of. The best thing about it was the new people I met and how much I grew in terms of talking to strangers.
Raising money for great charities
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2018
At first DialogueDirect is a great job, especially for people right out of college. Very young workplace with average age between 20 and 23. Work for great charities and feel like you're making a difference. During my time I raised the equivalent of $100,000/year. After a while however, canvassing loses its appeal. Through constant rejection and having to stand in the weather, the turnover rate is almost impressive. Not for the weak, but if you can stand it, a very rewarding job.
Pros
Ability to quickly grow
Cons
Basically required overtime to hit targets
Pyramid scheme. Stay away
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2018
A thankless, cut-throat job. It's a pyramid scheme. You sign up donors, and everyone above you gets a cut of what you bring in. The coworkers are fun and there is a collegial environment, but if you don't sign up 7 people per week consistently, you'll get fired. Upper management and some team leads have done shady stuff to get signups. Avoid this company at all costs.
Official response from DialogueDirect
August 9, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the team atmosphere in our Chicago campaign. Our mission is to connect our charity partners with great donors to foster real and lasting change – so we have standards to ensure we’re supporting that mission and not taking away from it.

Training and support is provided for every individual joining our team to make sure they develop the skillset necessary for such difficult, but rewarding, work. We’re proud and appreciative of our team leaders and reward them for their extensive effort and time helping grow our teams. Investing in our team members and leaders is a cornerstone of the culture to improve every day and continue to be at the forefront of fundraising organizations across the world. If you have specific concerns you would like to follow up on, please contact us at cola@dialoguedirect.com.

Poorly Marketed Canvassing Job w/ Concerning Compensation Plan
"Charity Brand Ambassador" (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 27, 2017
If you thrive in an environment that challenges you to stand for around 7+ hours a day in any weather with the intention of meeing a quota, this is the job for you. The work environment is extremely upbeat and positive, and it is true that the experience allows you to build resistance to verbal abuse and constant criticism from passers-by. You are expected to meet a certain amount of donors per day, and if not you are put "on target", or told you will be let go. This is understandable and seems part of the job. However, in their initial paperwork (as well as vocally), they stipulate an approximate $400 weekly pay which centers around a 40-hour work week. You have the chance to make bonuses if you secure more donors but it is clearly expressed that you will not make significantly less. When I worked here, I received no benefits yet had nearly 23% of my weekly checks taken out for taxes, thus receiving around $307 for weeks of around 40-45 hours. If quotas were not met, we were pressured to work all day on Saturdays yet never compensated. We did not receive health benefits until after 90 days despite the large deductions from our paychecks, but many of us quit before that point for various reasons.

I believe that Dialogue Direct offers the opportunity for people to challenge themselves and become immersed in a hyper-positive environment. While the job does encourage personal growth and certainly improves interpersonal communication skills, it is incorrectly advertised and is not upfront about what it entails. Myself and other coworkers expressed concerns about the false advertising
  more... of the job description and the apparent discrepancies between our pay and that of the office lead and head canvasser below her, seeing as we constantly were not given the chance to log our work hours without this individual ultimately logging them in incorrectly. True, the high turnover rate may be due to the inability of some to face the harsh working conditions of the position, but it comes across as dishonest when a company with such apparent ethics takes advantage of its employees in this manner. I entered this job with dedication and the willingness to work amongst ethical and driven individuals, and was surprised to find that it is not the company it appears to be. There is great potential here, and it saddens me that this company takes advantage of its employees and avoids an honest approach.  less
Pros
Positive environment, fast-paced, encourages growth, entertaining
Cons
Low pay, false advertising, unpaid overtime, unethical management
Productive but hard to balance outside life
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
Do not I repeat do not be fooled by the payout you see here!!!!! Payout is low and everyone tries to prentend it's a great place work but the higher ups are not so great...they stay inside and work while you get paid chump change and hope for commission...so if you like working outside it's for you!! If not beware don't do this job unless it's your last option..and short breaks. Nor do they really care about the charities from their heart they only want the commission. The commission is hard to get because not everyone is willing to pull their card out in the street but some people do it's not impossible but more people will walk away from you. You do have some fun but just think about it and research before you do it!!!
Pros
Possibility for commission and growth
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Never a dull moment
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2017
First let me say the office is purple! Such a welcoming environment, everyone wants to help you grow, and the morning meeting make every morning a lot lighter. The job is very upbeat, as long as you make an effort and stay in the box of expectations they are a less strict about quota.
Pros
Upbeat, Fun
Fantastic Work Environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2017
The office culture is amazing. Everyone is always pushing you to do your best and improve consistently for the whole time you're there. Friendly and productive competition kept all employees performing at their best. I learned how much a positive attitude really matters in all the things you do, and that a strong work ethic paired with enthusiasm to learn new things is key to finding success in all aspects of the workplace but also in daily life.
Pros
Free Breakfast, fun Team Nights, Daily Incentives, Medical, Dental insurances, 401K
Cons
Hard to Balance life outside of work
Good Place
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2017
It's relaxed, we come in to work, practice your pitch, have motivational team meetings and then go out onto the field. One hour lunch break and two 15 min breaks.
Amazing Company to Work For.
RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 11, 2017
This is a great company to be employed by and they treat their employees really well by offering awesome benefits, incentives, and travel opportunities.
Pros
Incredible Benefits, Work-Life Balance
Canvassing Job
Full Time (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2017
If you like standing for long periods of time this is for you. This job has a good culture and everyone is nice but the physical part of it was draining. It's not for everyone but some will enjoy it. Wear good sneakers.
A fun working environment great experience but at times can be stressful.
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
It's great but it's not for everyone.There are number goals.The can be stressful if you're doing a wild one week but not keeping a consistent There's added pressure to do Better.It can be hard because while you're working your the face of whatever charity your soliciting for.And say someone doesn't have a good experience a that charity.Some people take it out on you ,And while you out there your the face of the charity so you can't say arnything negative back.And sometimes it's not just one person it's everyone you talk to So It can get to be too much.You need to have thick skin. Otherwise you won't be able to do this job.
Pros
Diverse environment great co-workers Great learning experience
Cons
Can be stressful
Over all a fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
Fun job with easy going culture.
Team based work environment.
Employees can advance quickly if you put in the work.
Long hours in weather of all kinds.
Pros
Travel trips
Cons
Long days, expected to do more with no extra money, often 40+ hours, and only paid for 40. No over time will be paid.