Dialysis Clinic, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best Job Ever!
Reuse Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
I worked for DCI over 39 years and never had a better place to grow and retire from they was an extended family and forever will be I love my time I had working for a amazing company
Pros
full time postion good benfits and 401 K
Cons
dont know how many hours you was going to work
An enjoyable place to work.
Renal Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 5, 2018
I truly enjoyed working with dialysis patients. Every patient was different but all had one thing in common. The management team was awesome to work with. The hardest part was watching patients decline.
Pros
Working with diverse population.
Cons
Watching patients decline in health.
Okay place to work if you do not mind the long hours
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 25, 2018
Work with dialysis patients in the acute unit or other assigned facilities with daily maintenance and set up of machines/disinfection and quality checks prior to initiation of dialysis treatments. Monitor patients during dialysis treatments to ensure safe quality care. The hardest part of the job is the long hours, a typical workday is 12-14 hours 3 days a week plus call. Call ranges from the time you leave the unit til 6:00 am the following morning, if you are scheduled the next day you are still expected to come into work after taking call or was called into work. Working with patients and making a difference is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
co-workers, benefits, taking care of patients
Cons
unpredictable long hours, call, short breaks
Great place for a fast pace person
Head PCT (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJune 22, 2018
Its a great place to learn if you are a fast learner and quick on your feet. Except you will not get recognized for your hard work the more you know the more of a work load they will put on you even if its an RN job.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
negative environment
casual
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 6, 2018
management very interested in private relationships not professional. Very good supervisor and willingness to listen to new ideas. Pay very competitive.
Pros
time
Cons
no advancement
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN-PCT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 24, 2018
Training and management is terrible. Not organized well. They hire people in management who never managed before and do a terrible job. I would not refer my enemy to this organization.
Enjoyed providing care for my patients - building a strong relationship and assisting with all aspects of care. The staff worked together making the j
NURSE MANAGER/CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2018
DCI has the potential to be an awesome company if there were better management
The patient population were wonderful - enjoyed the developing repore and relationship i had with all of my patient's
Pros
Coworker 's - benefits- pay
Cons
Management-poor communication- confidentiality
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Jennings, LAMay 15, 2018
The work environment is very professional. Lunch times are scheduled so that you may have a break from the floor, coworkers are nice, and you have company lunches sometimes.
Fast Paced Facility
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 1, 2018
Setting up for 1st shift, dialyzing patients, repeat x2
Busy clinic
Learned something new every day
Laid back environment
Hardest part of job is paper work
Most enjoyable part of job is the patients
Pros
Meet lots of wonderful people
Cons
Not enough staff
Bad place to work poor management
PCT/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 30, 2018
This isn’t a good place to work at all! No staff,management pushes everything under the rug unless your her favorite and that only if you are her race
Pros
Saving lives
Cons
Awful management, manager talkes about other staff to staff, no support
team leaders fairly
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 25, 2018
Some of the team leaders belittle the staff. They would have you train someone for a job that you applied for and qualified for, there wasn't room for advancement. Your time request off wasn't always approve even when you put it in months ahead.
Pros
the pay
Cons
don't enough time off and advancement placement.
Relaxed
Lead Technician/Teammate and Patient Educator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2018
DCI was a collaborative company whereas everyone was willing to help one another. However, the management was a bit distant and didn't lead in a way they should have. They also have unfair retentions and dismissals.
Stressful
CHARGE NURSE, DIALYSIS RN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70127April 17, 2018
Schedule changes every week different days of the week. I prefer regular schedule so I can plan my life. Overall management was helpful and good staff.
Fun face paced intuitive, constantly learning something new.
LPN-LPN-C (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEApril 15, 2018
4AM start times and quick paced, Very precise days. The hardest part of the job was the patient's death. The happiest event was when our patient would receive, a Kidney and no longer need our services. Continuing education was ongoing, we were always up to date. I still chat on the phone with staff and one of my patients.
Pros
Education a must, Licensed, Knowledgeable always. Always able to move up in the company
Cons
Long hours earley mornings
Poor management, toxic work environment, no ethics
RN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 12, 2018
DCI is hands down the worst company I have ever worked for and I'm ashamed to even admit that I worked there. Most of the employees and hateful and have inferiority complexes. The turnover is tremendous and though they haven't figured it out yet-it's because of the way lower to middle management is allowed to talk to to people and treat people. During your interview they make it sound good and then reality hits you and it's a nightmare. You would think that they would figure out that if they treated people decently; they would stay there. They are only hurting themselves with their bad attitudes. I'm glad to be gone from there and away from the witch that calls that place home.
Pros
Friendly patients
Cons
Toxic work environment
Great internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 4, 2018
Learned a lot during this internship got to work with children who had kidney transplants and learned a lot about dialysis and what this organization does. Helped me to discover what I wanted to do in my future career
Terrible People at Corporate
Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 19, 2018
The employees are overworked and stressed out with corporate's ridiculous rules, while they're out having luncheons and playing tennis in Florida. Maybe it would be different if any of them ever worked the floor in their lives.
Pros
pto time
Cons
poor management, unfair rules, understaffing
Great teamwork, long hours.
Registered Nurse, Staff and Charge (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 18, 2018
Very busy clinic with dedicated workers and great teamwork. Can be stressful at times. Patients times are scheduled close together and public transportation is always an issue.
Pros
Excellent staff.
Cons
Not enought techs. Nurses are doing tech work instead of nursing.
dialysis
CHRONIC Dialysis Charge nurse / Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 14, 2018
its been great, i have been there off and on a few years and i keep coming back !!! there is a lot of team work. people and staff are friendly and management is great !!
Poor management
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOMarch 1, 2018
Stressful and full of drama. Manager only cares about themselves not having to work any more than their job requires. Don’t get sick while working here