Diamond Healthcare Corporation Employee Reviews

Management terrible
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 29, 2019
No room for growth high turnover. Management has no compassion nor empathy for their own employees. If you have a family you can for get about them for you will never be there for them. Selfcare is a big NoNo you can be sick your health is not their responsibility. Shift is 12 hours expect to work 16. If there is a unexpected snow storm expect to work 24 to 36 hrs there. Patients are more important than the employees and their families and personal affairs. Staff is over worked and under paid for all that is expected. New employees are trained but leave after seeing what they have to deal with. Employees are unappreciated. This is at Behavioral health center in Valhalla NY.
Pros
A lot of overtime wanted or unwanted
Cons
Expectations
Horrible benefits
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington DCApril 25, 2019
Diamond changed their healthcare plan on January 1, 2018 from Blue Cross to Aetna. Their new plan is a high deductible plan, and does not provide affordable healthcare for their employees. It covers a once a year PCP visit, and a once a year gynecology visit (for women.) Outside of that, if you wish to see a specialist (including an allergist, dermatologist, oncologist, neurologist, cardiologist, etc) there is a $4000 deductible. The result is that the employees are not able to go to the doctor. No one can afford to shell out that kind of money just to see an MD. In addition, there is inadequate paid time off. Non-management staff gets two weeks per year. Management staff gets three weeks per year. When you interview, they tell you that the PTO is much higher than that. What they don't tell you is that they deduct 8 hours from your PTO for each holiday throughout the year. If your site is closed due to a snow day or some other factor which is out of your control, they take those hours out of your PTO. There is no sick time. It is all lumped together under that chunk of PTO. Therefore, by the time fall rolls around, the employees have run out of paid time off. People are unable to spend time with their families through the holidays. If they do, they end up going unpaid. Diamond's benefits are awful. Living without healthcare is a scary way to live.
Pros
None.
Cons
Employees are not told the facts when they are hired, Turnover is therefore through the roof, This is not a sustainable place to work.
Excellent clinical experience
LCSW-R Therapist (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 18, 2019
Friendly co workers, excellent clinical experience, world class medicine. I’m very honored to be a part of this organization and have learned so much!
Not all employer issues
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 10, 2019
People were awesome and I met great people, but it is very stressful and about the revenue. Program grew too quickly without considering the consequences the growth would would have on the patient or employees.
Pros
Great people
Cons
stressful and politics
Challenging
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) (Former Employee) –  Medstar Trinity Washington, DCNovember 11, 2018
Diamond Healthcare is a good company, with the right staff and motivation of employees it is a most satisfying work environment.
They offer paid training classes, education reimbursements and flexible schedules. I would definitely work here again if relocating back to the area and a position is open.

There are a few con's I must mention, yes you are given leave upon employment about 160 hrs depending when your hired. However you have have deduct holidays out of it, I believe it is 6 or 7. It is not paid by the company. Also if you work their less than 5yrs you forfeit your "employer" 401K contributions and you only walk away with what you invested not the company.

However even though I know these things they are not a deal breaker for me and I still would recommend and return to the company because of the challenges and work environment.
Pros
Challenge, competitiveness and the paid training
Cons
401K, and Leave
Horrible
RN (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 18, 2018
They seemed friendly until they didn't get their way. It was a rocky road to work. Management was not there to help with learning the program, so you better know what you are doing or life with be unpleasant!
Pros
Cons
Management was not supportive, but wanted to make sure you were making them money!
Unit Tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23219September 25, 2018
Wonderful place to work. It gave me experience with working on a detoxification Unit. I had the oprotunity to help people from all walks of life. Military Detox, and quickly understood "addiction" has no color, race, sexual preference, or financial demographic. It affects everyone. I am sure that addiction is "genetic". I was able to facilitate morning groups and support clients as they went through their day. I am educated about thew withdrawal process. I found out physical withdrawal is just the tip of the iceberg, There is emotional withdrawal, which always takes people back out because there is no quick fix for that stage,and it could last years.
Pros
consistent work
Cons
Director was inexperienced with Substance Abuse
Stressful and punitive
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I am a Pct in Valhalla NY. There is a lack of leadership in the building. Leadership is punitive and they do very little to uild their staff up. No room for advancement unless the pct supervisor likes you. It is a very negative atmosphere. Very cut throat
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of mandation, no career advancment. Negative and punitive environment
great place to work if you choose no career advancement
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 9, 2018
Hard to progress here and there are cameras that watch your every move. Cant even go on break or to the bathroom without being clocked. Highly unprofessional environment
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
management, benefits, flexibility, progression
Worst place ever-PLANO location
RN (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 14, 2018
If you want to be stressed out constantly then this is the place for you. No nurse with any kind of ethics would work here and you will find that most (not all) nurses who work here are people you wouldn't give the time of day to...they will give you the worst assignment, throw you under the bus, and constantly ask you to come in on your day off to sign some ridiculous something or other. The three charge nurses are virtually unemployable anywhere else as they (for some reason) have an insane loyalty to such a horrible place-must be that they are receiving bonuses or some other compensation they do not tell anyone about. Anyway, you can tell all three are miserable women. Don't get me started on the Nurse Manager (DON) who scolds you for the most ridiculous things! She needs to focus more on why that facility is in immediate jeopardy with the state of Texas-horrible treatment of patients that is why. Shame on all who keep working there in that unethical place.
Cons
Great Place to work for!!!
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 6, 2018
Great Place to work for!!! It help me boost my career in such a small town. If it was not for my manager I would not have learned what I have learned so far
Sufficient
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2018
Diamond Healthcare Corporation is a small non-progressive company. DHC is moderately organized. If you enjoy working with clients, DHC gives you a good opportunity to do so,
Fast paced environment with lack of care or concerns for employees
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 16, 2018
Keeps changing owners no consistency . Manament does not care about there good workers. To much favoritism shown to certain employees . You never see the managers unless your in trouble . Nursing staff and manament shows very little concern for patients. Always never enough help . And no team work .
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bad management, doesn't appreciate it's employees .
I worked here for 3 years
N/A (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 25, 2018
I worked here for 3 years and my last 18 months were the worst when a new director came. They quickly cleaned house and hired employees from their previous place of employment. Had I not been in the situation I was in, they would have let me go much sooner. Poor management, high turnover rates, inadequate staff, working employees to the ground. I wouldn't even recommend somebody needing psychiatric help to get treatment here.
Dangerous place to work
Nursing Staff (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 19, 2018
Requires you to let go of any ethical or moral principals in order for they financial gain.
Retaliates against whistleblowers.
Management does not support you when you are trying to follow policy and procedures but writes you up when something is missed.
The patients were the perks
Therapist - Senior Citizen Mental Health Program (Former Employee) –  Edna, TXFebruary 13, 2018
The pace was fast and would have been find but there was very little support from the Director and had to often do work of other staff members. I enjoyed working with the patients but left because of lack of support.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Very little support from Director
Productive and fun workplace with co-operative employees
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 1, 2018
Productive, yet laid-back office environment full of co-operative peers and management. They will teach you everything you need to know to perform your duties effectively.
Program Therapist (Current Employee) –  Olney, TXJanuary 13, 2018
There could be a lot of work, but it is a great low pressure situation. The Boss is really a great lady and she is fair and easy going. Co Workers are great too.
Pros
low pressure
Culture is a lovable place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 6, 2018
Assist clients daily concerning their family needs, check patients in and out. Enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help people. Working late the worst.
Dont work here
Undervalued employee (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 30, 2017
Do not work here if you care about the patients you're supposed to be serving. This corporation only cares about money. They have no regard for their staff or for the patients. You will always be understaffed. If you have 24 patients, you'll have three staff members and that's not enough. You and The patients will be left in unsafe situations. The patients here are severely neglected to the point that the state needs to shut this facility down which is something I'm working on. The patients aren't even seen by a psychiatrist.
Pros
The patients are great
Cons
Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Healthcare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.