Diamond Line Delivery

Working at Diamond Line Delivery: 17 Reviews

United States17 reviews

I enjoy the culture of the employee owned company.Great employees to work with, the team work environment at DLDS is the best I have ever experienced in my whole entire career.

Pros

Decision making

Cons

Benefits can be cheaper but all benefits are expensive anyway

Great Management

*The pay is good, the hours are constant 12 months out of the year. The TM makes sure that the trucks are ready and fixed before you even get to work.

Pros

Nice Trucks, great environment, treated with respect.

Cons

Busy - long days.

Diamond Line Delivery insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Overall a good place to work. Plenty of work to be done. Fairly treated. Great training and good management. Opportunity to advancement. Offers classes for CDL training.

Awful company

Managment is terrible. Very low pay. Not very busy at times. You have to be there for 10 years before getting a company provided 401k/ESOP bonus. Highly don't recommend

Poor management bad place to work

Management has no clue as what to do, no one can take any responsibility for their actions, lots of drunks, especially in higher management, very poor,

Pros

Cons

Just work there, too many to list

Good people to work with. Learned a lot about the shipping and receiving business. Hard workers and efficient. The hardest part of the job would be loading but once I got the hang of it, it was a piece of cake.

Good career choice

My time at diamond line was great. Great/fun yet professional work environment. Retirement esop plan was exceptional. Very much enjoyed working with everyone. If not for my medical issues i would have retired there. I would recommend working there to anyone capable.

Diamond line is a great place to work

Diamond line lets you take time off if needed just give them some notice excellent management,everyone works as a team, the dispatcher is extremely good at what he does and gets along with everyone

Pros

Management co-workers

very fast paced mornings

Trucks rarely loaded on time. Must wait for line haul to return and unload before routes are filled. small dock and very unorganized with extra trailers loaded with product. Once trucks are sent out things calm down and the rest of the day is relaxing.

Pros

easy to keep busy

Cons

dock can get VERY cold. One line haul truck running late can completely halt local routes

Good place for a new driver to start at for experience.

They could pay more but than again the employer pays a portion of your medical benefits. Equipment has something to be desired but it seems there is to much political noise between certain people their for the Terminal Manager to get better equipment.

Dont know what to say. I only worked there until i could find a better job.

The pay was not so good as compared to the demands they expected of you. I was a freight delivery driver for them for a year. I just did my job day by day.

fun

this job was one of my favorites because it had a lot of customer interaction, and I liked the constant route we had to take to deliver all of the alchohol.

Productive workplace and fun environment

Making appointments/printing off appointments/making appointments/customer service/checking dock for shipments/answering phones/faxing/scanning BOLS. Taking down client complaints and finding lost shipments. Following up with appointments with clients.

Pros

Fun environment/Talking to clients

Cons

long hours in summertime 12 to 14 hr days

great

delivering freight was a wonderful job. you meet different people everyday and it was awesome. there where some days that you didn't know how was your day was going to be.

Driver

Started at 9:00am to 6:00pm Dropping and picking up freight at various company's through out the valley. Hardest part about the job: Maintaining hours and pushing freight.

Pros

Fairly easy

Cons

Bevefits

A growing company run by a hands on Operations Officer that worked along side you to accomplish companies goals

Some of the best people I ever worked with. Didn't micro manage and assigned you your duties and left you alone to do them. They gave you the ball and let you run with it. As long as you did your job they stayed out of your way and let you produce good results. A very open minded atmosphere/open door policy. The owners are very well educated in the transportation and have excellent people skills. They promoted from within and I was able to rise quickly in the ranks and pay to due to my hard efforts. To this day it was the best job I had.

Pros

The company has been growing consistently over the years, and if your someone who cares about your work you will be well rewarded with advancement and raises

Cons

some nepotism but not extraordinarily so

Great company

Great company to work for.I worked at the Idaho Falls dock location, and it was a very good job.

Pros

great boss and co-workers

Cons

cold - bundle up!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Line Delivery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits