Diamond Ranch Academy logo
Diamond Ranch Academy

Diamond Ranch Academy Employee Reviews

Found 49 reviews matching the search.See all 50 reviews

Great growing experience for all!!!

Diamond Ranch Academy is a safe environment of growth and balance. I have been apart of Diamond Ranch for since 2014. I have been able to work with some amazing and talented students and colleagues. Being able to be apart of such an astonishing transformation in young adults is a privilege. I have also grown significantly in my own life.Diamond Ranch Provides the Therapeutic environment necessary to make the changes that we all stride for!

Pros

Supportive team, Safe and clean environment, Schedule

Amazing place to work!

I started working at DRA 4 years ago. I started working here to simply have a job during college. Having a "job" turned into having a "career" that I love and enjoy. From the owners of the company all the way down the line, DRA is full of employees that love their job, love their fellow employees, and want what is best for every student that enrolls. I have worked at other RTC's in the past that do not individualize the process for these students like DRA does. It makes all the difference in the world when you have staff members that care about each individual student like the staff at DRA do.

Productive workplace that allows you to grow and learn new concepts along with the students.

Working at Diamond Ranch Academy allows me to work with students in order to build their confidence and self-esteem. It has also helped me to reevaluate how I interact with and treat others so that I too can become a better person.

Diamond Ranch is student focused, very flexible in trying to reach students to be their best.

I really enjoy working at Diamond Ranch Academy. Staff are very friendly and welcoming, students are appreciative of what they are learning, supervisors are open and flexible.

Pros

Open to update curriculum.

Cons

Very little teacher prep time.

Help youth get on a better path

In all honesty the kids weren't even the problem. It felt great when I could help a kid get through a tough time or with some homework, but the staff itself was not the best. They'd preach one thing and do the exact opposite and belittle the kids. Wouldn't recommend working for this place.

Pros

7 day on and 7 day off schedule

Cons

Terrible staff

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Awesome place to work

I absolutely love my job at DRA. As a therapist I have the opportunity to effect change in the lives of young people. The owners are passionate about the program and it easy to see.

Best Job Ever!

Since starting at Diamond Ranch Academy I've felt nothing but love and support from my managers and fellow employees. It took me a while to catch on but I constantly had support from my supervisors and help from co-workers. I love working with the kids at Diamond Ranch. You get to see huge changes in their life and be a major part of it. I would highly recommend working here.

Great experience

I have had such a great experience here for many years. This school just keeps getting better! The families, kids and I have all had a wonderful experience with DRA. They are responsive and relational. The academic team knows how to remediate, and set high goals. The work prepares kids well for prep day and boarding schools and the staff has a broad knowledge of topics. This is the most collaborative school I work with. They are available round the clock 24-7 and I can text and get therapists and exec directors quickly.

Great place to be

I am currently employed at Diamond Ranch Academy in the medical department and I have loved the positive environment and very supportive team that I am able to work with. Diamond Ranch Academy is an amazing institution not only for the staff that works there, but for the students that attend the program.

A wonderful place to work that is fun and rewarding.

I have worked at Diamond Ranch Academy for over 8 years now and have absolutely loved it! It has been a rewarding experience to see and help make positive changes in the lives of others. I work with an amazing team that genuinely cares about the youth who attend our program and strives every day to provide positive change.

Jobs at Diamond Ranch Academy

See more jobs

Great place to work, some limitations but overall positive experience

Diamond Ranch is a great place to work. If you want to help kids find their place in the world and become a better version of themselves, this is the place to be. The academic program is also great for a treatment facility and they really strive to constantly improve things. The staff are amazing and will be some of the best people you have ever met, however the company does struggle with communication between departments and with being a bit of a "boys club" referring to the higher up positions. No PTO or sick days/vacation days for hourly employees. Overall a good place with awesome people and a great vision and purpose, but does have limitations.

Daily observations

Diamond ranch academy is an amazing boarding school. I was impressed with the many therapists that are at DRA to help the students. I love the devotion and energy that the teachers, paraprofessionals, and other academic staff put towards the students at DRA. They are constantly trying to help the students learn new concepts as well as succeed in their learning environment. One great thing about DRA academics, is that the students have to score an 80% or above to pass the assignments, which then raises the GPA of the student. Also they are able to help students who are academically behind to catch up to be in line with their graduating class. The academic advisor will Assist the students in signing up for the ACT/SAT tests as well as help the students research their colleges of choice. I was ultimately impressed with the overall treatment and care that these students receive from the staff at DRA. The owners of DRA are generous to their staff. They provide the needed things for the success of Diamond ranch as a company with all of moving departments. They give back to their employees in many ways to keep them feeling appreciated and needed.

Pros

Great students, great coworkers, positive environment, competitive pay, etc...

A wonderful place :)

I'm an administrative assistant here at Diamond Ranch Academy and I absolutely love it! It's a job that I look forward to coming to everyday. The staff at Diamond Ranch Academy are incredibly friendly and the students are treated very well. The campus is very beautiful and is well maIntained. I love that Diamond Ranch Academy allows their students to have fun, work hard, and become their best self. The staff is very focused on the students and their needs - and is always willing to help when needed. I would definitely recommend Diamond Ranch Academy to anyone who has a child that might be struggling. This amazing place has a wonderful support system and is very welcoming to everyone!

Family of coworkers

I have had the pleasure of working at Diamond Ranch Academy for one year now. Without a doubt, it has been the most welcoming and rewarding place to work. In my job I get to interact closely with the students and their families, and it has allowed me to see amazing things... Kids who come here on their first day- who are angry, scared, confused, sad- over time as they level up in the program I have seen how they evolve into stronger, confident, respectful, loving members of their families and society. It has been amazing to see these kids come into their own through the DRA process and be prepared to take on college, careers, and a better life with a bright future. The school has so many programs to grow their talents and spark passion- sports, equine therapy, art classes and events, music, and cheerleading. We also take kids on weekend outings (Benefits) that include hikes at beautiful Zion National Park, swimming and golfing at Sand Hollow, trips to the movie theater, picnics and sports in the park- sometimes followed by a quick stop at the local soda or ice cream shop. The happiest students I have seen are the ones who really apply themselves to the program and who get to enjoy the rewards of their labor by enjoying these weekend outings. The staff here really do feel like family- we watch out for each other, and we take a vested interest in every single kid. There is a genuine feeling of support and positive energy at this school, and it's something we encourage every family who is considering DRA to come and feel for themselves. I think if there is one thing that sets -

Great Company Great People

Diamond Ranch Academy is a great company to work for. What a unique opportunity it is to work for a company that is committed to improving the lives of youth and their families, as well as sharing day to day duties with the most upstanding, charactered co workers you could ever have the good fortune of working with. DRA is a special place with special people, doing special things.

Feel valued as an employee

I love working for DRA. Everyone who works there is so happy and genuinely cares for the students at the school. Everyone takes pride in their work and is willing to help each other. I received frequent raises and holiday bonuses. The owners take good care of their employees. I have fallen in love with Diamond Ranch and hope to work there for many more years to come.

Making a Positive Difference

Incredible and positive things happen at Diamond Ranch Academy and I am grateful to have the opportunity to work for such a great company. The people that work here genuinely want the very best for the youth and go above and beyond to support them through their journey here. DRA is unique from many other companies as there is a very positive environment here. I am proud to be a part of this great organization and feel that as staff, we are making a positive difference in each of the students’ lives.

Pros

Positive work atmosphere, team mentality

Amazing students!!!! Amazing Staff!!!!

In the last month (Dec. 2019) as an employee at DRA I had the opportunity to participate in service activities that helped the students at DRA and the community. Diamond Ranch Academy and its student body made several donations to Tans Treats a local charity organization. We also participated in wrapping and delivering gifts to families within our community through coins for kids and toys for tots. This holiday season was incredible because the students at DRA are amazing and the employees who work here are incredible. Its things like this that made DRA the 2018 Hurricane Business of the year. Such a great place to work. So much good happening.

Would never go back because of unreasonable management.

Students are great and co-workers but they need to replace management. Management very unreasonable! Oh and you will get written up for things they didn't tell you about. Long working hours on salary with no one else but yourself, cooking three meals a day for upwards to 150 students and staff with limited students that you train.

Great place to help better mold adolescents.

One of the four chef’s that are responsible for the daily workings of a private school kitchen. As an all-in-one facility, we have one of the most unique private kitchens in all of southern Utah cooking for more than 200 students and faculty. I make sure that food is properly prepped, cooked to proper temps and served to the students on time. Overseeing the responsibilities of four students that assist throughout the day teaching them in the culinary arts. Additionally, ensuring that the food is ordered and quantities are consistent with that week's meals.

Great company!

I have been with Diamond Ranch for over 2 years now, working in multiple positions & I have enjoyed working in every department I've had the opportunity to work in. I have learned an incredible amount about myself and I've been able to utilize my personal growth and knowledge outside of work. Management is reasonable and cares about their employees as individuals, and provides staff with the opportunity to grow within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Ranch Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Questions about Diamond Ranch Academy