Diamond Ranch Academy Employee Reviews

Great place to work! Especially if you like being a positive impact on our future generation!
Program director (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTMarch 8, 2019
Great place to work! Love working with the kids and being a role model to them is a great feeling! Co workers are legit! Fun and food laced/sturdy job!
Pros
Working with kids! Great co workers.
Company is desperate
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTFebruary 18, 2019
Stressful and unrealistic expectations. Management is ridiculous. The company is shifting in a direction that is not desirable to work for. If you like being micro managed and not trusted, this is a great place.
Pros
Every other week off and working with kids
Cons
Oh man, a lot. Let’s just focus on the pay and management
Worst Job
LEAD YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  UtahDecember 26, 2018
I did not enjoy working here at all. Management has very unreasonable demands and expectations with no appreciation for hard work. Very stressful environment and management treats employees with as much trust as the troubled youth.
Pros
working with youth
Cons
management, food, stress, no benefits
Incredible Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  HurricaneAugust 24, 2018
I’ve worked at Diamond Ranch Academy for almost a year, and I have no intentions to leave anytime soon! It has been an extremely positive experience for me! I honestly enjoy going to work because of the people, the purpose, and the work atmosphere. Many positions are stressful, but those positions tend to be even more rewarding! Realistically it is not the right fit for everyone, but I highly recommend working here to people. I feel extremely fortunate that DRA is part of my life.
Pros
The work culture; benefits; free meals; variety of positions/schedules
Cons
Stressful
stressful work environment
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTJuly 4, 2018
Supervisors were great, along with managers but as a paraprofessional, getting approved overtime seemed to be a hassle and then we also had no PTO or vacation days, instead were just expected to get it covered because we were usually understaffed and seemed to take longer than it should have to replace workers that left.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no pto, no vacation, high stress.
Great place to grow
Paraprofessional/Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTJune 14, 2018
As a recent college graduate, this was a great opportunity to gain some experience working with youth. The staff is very friendly and management did a great job helping me understand how to work with the population.

I would definitely recommend this company for people like myself looking to gain experience in the field or interested in working with young adults.
Pros
Great environment, good team building
Not Worth it
Youth Development Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTApril 23, 2018
Hard job for very little pay. You realize after a month in that the program isn't helping most of the kids. Management is a joke as well. You can find some cool coworkers though.
Pros
Some cool co workers
Cons
Long weekend hours, low pay, not helping the kids
I enjoyed the youth I worked with, however the management was horrible.
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTApril 6, 2018
The expectations were hard to meet in the 40 hours that I was being paid for. The management was very much based on a certain religion that I did not agree with and it made it very uncomfortable to work there.
Pros
I loved my clients and it was great to see their progress.
Cons
The management was biased and it was a very hard situation to work in.
Great place to make a difference
Academic Employee (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTFebruary 18, 2018
Diamond Ranch Academy is a great place to work and make a difference. As a current employee, I enjoy helping teenagers strive to be their best selves. I also enjoy coming to work everyday with purpose. My schedule is outlined and there is plenty of support from management.
Working at Diamond Ranch has helped me understand the importance of team work, as we supervise many students with different backgrounds. The students have many opportunities to feel success within the program and community.
The owners have invested a lot into the facility to provide students with extracurricular activities during and after school. Employees also have the opportunity to use the facilities (e.g weight lifting, pick up basketball etc).
We receive weekly training on ways to promote growth within the staff and student population. I love the way upper management personnel are involved with students daily activities. There is an open door policy anytime I have questions or concerns.
Diamond Ranch provides staff with the opportunity to grow within the company.
Pros
Awesome employee culture, plenty of support, great environment
An excellent place to work, great experience!
Educational Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTFebruary 17, 2018
I have been with DRA for a few years now and I am so grateful that I decided to jump on board. It started as a job with a good schedule to get me through school but it has turned into a career that I will be gearing my degree towards. They have bent over backward to help me and have worked with me schedule-wise with furthering my education, something not many other places would be willing to do. They really take care of their people here and it is a real team culture which I love.
The environment is not at all what I envisioned for myself as a future teacher, however, at this point it is all I can imagine myself ever doing. This is bar none the most important work I can do with my life and in the most rewarding setting possible.
If you are not a positive team player, willing to pull his or her own weight at work, this job would probably be hard and disagreeable. However, positive, unselfish, team players find great success and happiness helping youth and others here at DRA.
RFI Director (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTJanuary 12, 2018
I have worked at DRA for the past year and have found it to be the most rewarding job I’ve ever had.

The thing I love most about working at DRA is the opportunity to make a positive impact on the young men I’m able to work with. It’s not always easy and can be challenging but seeing the boys progress and be successful makes the challenges well worth it.

The staff is incredible to work with. It is a very collaborative environment where everyone is trying to improve. There is a common vision and drive that builds a culture of teamwork. Having that common purpose is what makes working here different. I feel I am a valued member of our team.

In the year I’ve worked here I’ve had many opportunities for advancement. I love that Hard work is encouraged and celebrated.
Pros
Great work environment, Great management, a lot of opportunity to grow in the company
Great environment and terrific people!
Assistant Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTJanuary 9, 2018
I have worked at DRA for nearly 5 years. Having worked in several other medical and psychiatric clinics/hospitals, I can attest that DRA's philosophy, standards, and staff are among the best based on my experience. The values and expectation for excellence starts from the top down. From personal experience, I know that the owners of the company truly care for the wellbing of each and every employee within the company. Our goal is to provide quality, compasionate care to struggling teens with the intent of helping them gain the insight to overcome. Having worked at several different jobs and settings, I can say without hesitation that DRA is the best place I have ever worked, and I intend stay at this fine establishment for several years to come.
Pros
Upper management support, room to grow, benefits
Great Place to Work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTDecember 22, 2017
I have worked at Diamond Ranch for a little over 5 years and don't plan on leaving. It is not the easiest job working with youth, but it is very rewarding watching them grow.

I started on the Night Watch shift a little over 5 years ago. Night watch is only a part time job. I invested my self and was able to move up in the company. In the 5 years I have had the experience of working many different positions, and earning a good amount of raises. These experiences came from hard work and dedication, nothing is just given to you because of who you're.

The things have had learned from this company has helped me grow as a person. My family is a lot stronger from being apart of the Diamond Ranch team.

Diamond Ranch is always working to better things for the students and the employees that work there. Their facility is amazing, and always growing.
Pros
Free meals, Lots of job opportunities, Great management, Get to experience the outdoors, Gives a lot to the community
Cons
Stressful at times
Excellent Company
Parent Communications Director (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTNovember 29, 2017
I have worked at Diamond Ranch for 8 years now and plan on plenty more; I attribute this to the culture. Working with youth and families can be very challenging, but when you have a team of co-workers surrounding you with strong relationships and support, it’s enjoyable coming to work everyday.

I started as an entry level position 8 years ago with no intentions of it being long term. I had no relation to family and knowing only 1 current employee at that time, so I had no advantages when it came to advancing in the company. I soon realized how much I enjoyed the culture and the reward of serving others. I continued to advance in the company and the owners and management were so supportive of mistakes happening and taught me 100% responsibility in everything I do.

You will not find many companies who continuously want to take care of their employees first and find incentives to let their employees know just how appreciated they are.

Aside from the youth, the challenging part is as Employees you have to be accepting of change. You can never settle and not continue to work on yourself when trying to help others become emotionally healthy, and for some people change is bothersome. I will say the personal growth I have experienced, especially on has molded me and continues to mold to be a better husband, father, family member and just a better person.

I highly recommend this place of work to those who are driven and humble type of personalities. You would be greatly appreciated in this culture.
Pros
Free lunch, holiday pay, coworkers
Very active company.
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  AdministrationNovember 14, 2017
Diamond Ranch Academy is a place that is always going, always moving forward to help the students succeed in life. The management is always there for the employees, all that is needed is to go and talk to them and they will help how ever they can. because they are willing to help the culture is always open. The hardest part of the job is sometimes keeping up with everything that is going on. There are a lot of moving parts to Diamond Ranch Academy, but that is what makes DRA great, There are opportunities to succeed in many positions.
Pros
Free Lunches, Support from Management, working with the kids
Cons
Stressful
Enjoyable, but not a long term job!
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 14, 2017
I only worked there as a temporary job! But my experience there was great! I love working with kids and I enjoyed the people that worked there as well. The owners and staff treated me very well and I will miss working there. Hardest part of the job was just the long hours but that was my choice!
Pros
People, environment
Long hours with limited help.
Culinary Cook (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTNovember 7, 2017
The Director of the kitchen staff were disorganized and continuously lost new hire paperwork, not once, not twice, but three times. Treated adults like there students when communicating. Students were great and fun to talk to and were very helpful.
Pros
Free meals, and very artistic group of students.
Cons
Poor management, outdated cooking equipment, extremely disorganized, losing new hire documents not once, not twice but several times. Constantly, handing out write ups to things that they didnt tell you ahead of time about.
Loved my time at DRA
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTOctober 4, 2017
I loved my job at Diamond Ranch. Coming to work everyday was fun and the staff are very friendly and make you feel like family. I was trained and had work meetings each week to ensure everything ran smoothly. Management was open to my suggestions if I felt something could be altered to better suit our jobs. From reading some of the other reviews on here, it was apparent that Diamond Ranch is particular about the people they hire and keep on as they are working with youth and it is very important that they have great staff to work with the students. I noticed this while I was working there and this is one of the reasons it was such a great place to work.
Love coming to work everyday
Parent Communication Director (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTOctober 3, 2017
My employment at Diamond Ranch has been a blessing. Upon relocating here to Sounther Utah, I find myself lucky to have found DRA a little past 2 years ago. The management team has been great to work with. They have invested in me and my growth here at DRA. There are many opportunities for growth and advancement at Diamond Ranch but like any solid employer, it requires hard work and dedication. If you are willing to put in the work, you will be rewarded. (BTW, I am not related to the owners and was not personally referred).

The owners have a firm finger on the pulse of the culture of DRA. Management is introspective and progressive in the approach to improve processes. This years company goal was to create a culture of consistency. I'm happy to report that every job has a description and every item in the schedule has a protocol. Management created a plan and plans get executed at DRA.

I was able to find a new passion in helping troubled youth. One of our mantras here at DRA is holding our students to the 100% Responsibility Motto. DRA expects the same from the employees. This Job is not for the faint of heart. Hard work is expected. Good attendance is a must. Impeccable decision making is required. Mentally healthy individuals are welcomed. Being consistent and dependable are the core values that will make you successful here.

I've worn different hats here at DRA but in every role, I've found resources and training to help me succeed every step of the way. Owners are dedicated at making this an enjoyable place to work. Departments sharing the workload is balanced.
  more... Internal communication between job requirements are seamless. Benefits are good. Pay is competitive.

I am glad to be a part of the team and if I do ever leave, I will have nothing but love and respect for what I've learned at Diamond Ranch Academy.
Pros
Free Lunch, Competitive Pay, Great Benefits
Not Recommended
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTOctober 3, 2017
Unless you are corrupt, don't work here. The owners have no clinical background. They hire family and friends, so unless you're in with therm, you'll never last. The clients are treated horribly. Staff are treated bad and then take it out on each other and the clients. There is no therapy here. Very sexist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Ranch Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

Diamond Ranch Academy Reviews by Location