Diamond Ranch Academy

Diamond Ranch Academy Employee Reviews

United States46 reviews
Best Job Ever!
Since starting at Diamond Ranch Academy I've felt nothing but love and support from my managers and fellow employees. It took me a while to catch on but I constantly had support from my supervisors and help from co-workers. I love working with the kids at Diamond Ranch. You get to see huge changes in their life and be a major part of it. I would highly recommend working here.
Great experience
I have had such a great experience here for many years. This school just keeps getting better! The families, kids and I have all had a wonderful experience with DRA. They are responsive and relational.

The academic team knows how to remediate, and set high goals. The work prepares kids well for prep day and boarding schools and the staff has a broad knowledge of topics.

This is the most collaborative school I work with. They are available round the clock 24-7 and I can text and get therapists and exec directors quickly.
Great place to be
I am currently employed at Diamond Ranch Academy in the medical department and I have loved the positive environment and very supportive team that I am able to work with. Diamond Ranch Academy is an amazing institution not only for the staff that works there, but for the students that attend the program.
A wonderful place to work that is fun and rewarding.
I have worked at Diamond Ranch Academy for over 8 years now and have absolutely loved it! It has been a rewarding experience to see and help make positive changes in the lives of others. I work with an amazing team that genuinely cares about the youth who attend our program and strives every day to provide positive change.
Great place to work, some limitations but overall positive experience
Diamond Ranch is a great place to work. If you want to help kids find their place in the world and become a better version of themselves, this is the place to be. The academic program is also great for a treatment facility and they really strive to constantly improve things. The staff are amazing and will be some of the best people you have ever met, however the company does struggle with communication between departments and with being a bit of a "boys club" referring to the higher up positions. No PTO or sick days/vacation days for hourly employees. Overall a good place with awesome people and a great vision and purpose, but does have limitations.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Daily observations
Diamond ranch academy is an amazing boarding school. I was impressed with the many therapists that are at DRA to help the students.
I love the devotion and energy that the teachers, paraprofessionals, and other academic staff put towards the students at DRA. They are constantly trying to help the students learn new concepts as well as succeed in their learning environment. One great thing about DRA academics, is that the students have to score an 80% or above to pass the assignments, which then raises the GPA of the student. Also they are able to help students who are academically behind to catch up to be in line with their graduating class. The academic advisor will

Assist the students in signing up for the ACT/SAT tests as well as help the students research their colleges of choice.

I was ultimately impressed with the overall treatment and care that these students receive from the staff at DRA.

The owners of DRA are generous to their staff. They provide the needed things for the success of Diamond ranch as a company with all of moving departments. They give back to their employees in many ways to keep them feeling appreciated and needed.
Pros
Great students, great coworkers, positive environment, competitive pay, etc...
A wonderful place :)
I'm an administrative assistant here at Diamond Ranch Academy and I absolutely love it! It's a job that I look forward to coming to everyday. The staff at Diamond Ranch Academy are incredibly friendly and the students are treated very well. The campus is very beautiful and is well maIntained. I love that Diamond Ranch Academy allows their students to have fun, work hard, and become their best self. The staff is very focused on the students and their needs - and is always willing to help when needed. I would definitely recommend Diamond Ranch Academy to anyone who has a child that might be struggling. This amazing place has a wonderful support system and is very welcoming to everyone!
Family of coworkers
I have had the pleasure of working at Diamond Ranch Academy for one year now. Without a doubt, it has been the most welcoming and rewarding place to work. In my job I get to interact closely with the students and their families, and it has allowed me to see amazing things...
Kids who come here on their first day- who are angry, scared, confused, sad- over time as they level up in the program I have seen how they evolve into stronger, confident, respectful, loving members of their families and society. It has been amazing to see these kids come into their own through the DRA process and be prepared to take on college, careers, and a better life with a bright future.

The school has so many programs to grow their talents and spark passion- sports, equine therapy, art classes and events, music, and cheerleading.

We also take kids on weekend outings (Benefits) that include hikes at beautiful Zion National Park, swimming and golfing at Sand Hollow, trips to the movie theater, picnics and sports in the park- sometimes followed by a quick stop at the local soda or ice cream shop. The happiest students I have seen are the ones who really apply themselves to the program and who get to enjoy the rewards of their labor by enjoying these weekend outings.

The staff here really do feel like family- we watch out for each other, and we take a vested interest in every single kid. There is a genuine feeling of support and positive energy at this school, and it's something we encourage every family who is considering DRA to come and feel for themselves. I think if there is one thing that sets
 - more...
Great Company Great People
Diamond Ranch Academy is a great company to work for. What a unique opportunity it is to work for a company that is committed to improving the lives of youth and their families, as well as sharing day to day duties with the most upstanding, charactered co workers you could ever have the good fortune of working with. DRA is a special place with special people, doing special things.
Feel valued as an employee
I love working for DRA. Everyone who works there is so happy and genuinely cares for the students at the school. Everyone takes pride in their work and is willing to help each other. I received frequent raises and holiday bonuses. The owners take good care of their employees. I have fallen in love with Diamond Ranch and hope to work there for many more years to come.
Making a Positive Difference
Incredible and positive things happen at Diamond Ranch Academy and I am grateful to have the opportunity to work for such a great company. The people that work here genuinely want the very best for the youth and go above and beyond to support them through their journey here. DRA is unique from many other companies as there is a very positive environment here. I am proud to be a part of this great organization and feel that as staff, we are making a positive difference in each of the students’ lives.
Pros
Positive work atmosphere, team mentality
Amazing students!!!! Amazing Staff!!!!
In the last month (Dec. 2019) as an employee at DRA I had the opportunity to participate in service activities that helped the students at DRA and the community. Diamond Ranch Academy and its student body made several donations to Tans Treats a local charity organization. We also participated in wrapping and delivering gifts to families within our community through coins for kids and toys for tots. This holiday season was incredible because the students at DRA are amazing and the employees who work here are incredible. Its things like this that made DRA the 2018 Hurricane Business of the year.
Such a great place to work. So much good happening.
Nepotism! Picking Favorites!
How you look is everything here. If you are easy on the eyes they will move you up in the company fast!! And oh all the Nepotism!!! It's very disheartening. And interaction with the students is a joke!! If you are a Morman you will get along just fine... Anything other than that though watch out! You are not allowed to connect or really help the students. You are an extremely underpaid nanny for the elite. With so many rules on you that you can not function as a human being. This place is a joke!!!!!!
Would never go back because of unreasonable management.
Students are great and co-workers but they need to replace management.
Management very unreasonable! Oh and you will get written up for things they didn't tell you about. Long working hours on salary with no one else but yourself, cooking three meals a day for upwards to 150 students and staff with limited students that you train.
Great place to help better mold adolescents.
One of the four chef’s that are responsible for the daily workings of a private school kitchen. As an all-in-one facility, we have one of the most unique private kitchens in all of southern Utah cooking for more than 200 students and faculty. I make sure that food is properly prepped, cooked to proper temps and served to the students on time. Overseeing the responsibilities of four students that assist throughout the day teaching them in the culinary arts. Additionally, ensuring that the food is ordered and quantities are consistent with that week's meals.
Great company!
I have been with Diamond Ranch for over 2 years now, working in multiple positions & I have enjoyed working in every department I've had the opportunity to work in.
I have learned an incredible amount about myself and I've been able to utilize my personal growth and knowledge outside of work.

Management is reasonable and cares about their employees as individuals, and provides staff with the opportunity to grow within the company.
Awesome Company- rewarding work, opportunities for self improvement
I have loved my time at DRA (6 years so far.) I have enjoyed working with kids and learning principles that have helped my personal relationships. I also enjoy the security, fun coworkers, and the positive work environment!
Being able to show love and concern for the kids sent
Great place to work if you have a strong personality to enforce and help students maintain the standards. The kids will test your threats and your stance on the rules. If you show them respect most of the time they will respect you
Great place to work! Especially if you like being a positive impact on our future generation!
Great place to work! Love working with the kids and being a role model to them is a great feeling! Co workers are legit! Fun and food laced/sturdy job!
Pros
Working with kids! Great co workers.
Company is desperate
Stressful and unrealistic expectations. Management is ridiculous. The company is shifting in a direction that is not desirable to work for. If you like being micro managed and not trusted, this is a great place.
Pros
Every other week off and working with kids
Cons
Oh man, a lot. Let’s just focus on the pay and management
Just my 2 cents
Diamond Ranch Academy is the elite & premiere residential treatment center for troubled youth. They are the best of the best. Meaning, you must be on your "A" game at all times. This is just part of DRA's expectations. DRA helps families heal by learning how to create healthy relationships. For this culture to work, you too must continuously improve/work on yourself. The days are long, the stress is constant, and the never-ending demands are very much real. Luckily, you will work with some fantastic people. It's these bonds that will alleviate the constant pressure of the residential treatment environment. If you are up for a serious challenge, then DRA is the place for you, no doubt. If you like a stress free atmosphere with the option of taking it easy, I would politely suggest you do not apply at DRA.

In the end, it's all about the relationships. Witnessing students transform by learning, maturing (emotionally), and succeeding in overcoming their struggles is why we all choose to work at DRA.

A lot of fond memories. A lot of good times...

In conclusion, this company is the real deal. They will expect to allot of you. If you are at peace with this, you will do fine. Best of luck!
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
The unreasonable demands of a residential treatment center
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Ranch Academy. Our community is ready to answer.
Diamond Ranch Academy Reviews by Location