Diamond Resorts
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Diamond Resorts Employee Reviews

This company is about the money they can save. So no matter how long you are with the job if it comes down to saving money you will be the first to be let go. They don't care about your work ethic or your loyalty to the company. If you are the one making the most you will be laid off before those that have just started.
Pros
Paid Well, Good Benefits, Nice Vacation Time
Cons
No loyalty, No Job Security, No Advancement, Gossip
I was warned and warned by many but still went for it.I was just a number, never treated right and pressured by numbers and results and when none was met, threats and bad treatment. yes, that is the style of Management I had to work with. I will speak for myself here but I was Timeshared
Pros
some free food and tiny spiff here and there
Cons
everything else
I am very attached to Diamond. The people you work with are a dynamic group of sales professionals. The environment is fast paced, and spirited. You need to be an adult to work here. People will help you, give you tips and support, but you need to show up and be ready to do your job. COVID changed the dynamics of the sales floor, and my position was put on hiatus. The company generously paid our benefits for 5 months after we closed down. Can’t ask for more than that. I loved my time there. Would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Treat you like a professional.
Cons
You need to work when the guests are there. Sometimes that means 6 days a week.
It had its ups and downs. Could have been better or worse. They didn’t handle the virus too well. Definitely cut corners when they could. Could be stressful at times.
Great experience, wonderful timeshare owners, good working environment, so sad that they did away with their local call center because I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Fun employee
Cons
Shame they got rid of their local call center
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Inexperienced corporate level employees direct property managers and roll out processes that are wasteful and foolish. Focus is entirely on sales volume generation.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of experienced, knowledgeable eaders
They barely train you to overwork you. I had to push just to work from home. They didn’t really do anything when I explained time and time again, I live with family that’s high risk. Didn’t know that mandatory overtime was a thing. I mean it sounds great until you are forced to do it for almost two months. Overwork you to the max and then impose these ridiculous rules. They constantly throw new things at you and expect you to be an expert right away. They also think give you gift card will make you forget about the overwhelmed stress they make you endure.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great culture, fast paced and lots of money to make if you are one that knows what you are doing. Company produces million dollar earners!Its been a pleasure to work for them!
Pros
growth and lots of money
Cons
salary jobs require more than 8 hours a day
Stay away from this life draining, uncaring, and fake company. Everything is a lie. Benefits may be good but it killed the paychecks and they let go an entire department with no warning or severance pay due to the pandemic
I am very excited about the opportunity, to becoming back to my home location. I have a great feeling what I bring to the table. Booking tours & training.
Cons
Comp plan, hourly or commission
Job gives me the necessary tools to succeed. Only thing is that they overwork you. They pay a fair amount every hour and pay checks are reasonable. Great staff , friends you will have forever. Management helps you throughout the day especially when it gets busy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Overwork you
There is absolutely no structure. Diamond capitalized on the Covid crisis by laying off 80% of the administration staff and now it's a skeleton crew expected to handle the same exact workload.The training is terrible and basically non existent, you're expected to just learn things yourself. It's evident that some in leadership positions got there because of nepotism. Directors are never actually present in the office and make everybody take silly "quizzes" that have literally nothing to do with work, but you get demerits if you don't participate. They don't understand that you can't force people to have fun, or they just don't care.A lot of the work is redundant, and when you try to suggest a more efficient way to do something, you're immediately shot down with zero consideration. It feels like they WANT you to work harder, not smarter.The environment is worse. You don't have your own desk and you share offices with other departments, who hound you constantly and quite literally hover over you while you're processing deals. Apparently if you're not in Sales, you don't matter at all.The desks and office supplies are so old and rundown that many things fall apart. And the building itself is actual trash. The hotel hallways constantly smell like sewage, no matter how many times they try to shampoo the carpets. You have to park in an unguarded lot off The Strip where anyone could just walk up to your vehicle and burgle it.There's no regard for personal hygiene. Even the office chairs smell terrible.They're also still hosting large dinners ON THE SAME FLOOR where the office - more...
Pros
Literally zero
Cons
30 minute lunches, No personal space, Covid violations, no training
Management is always welling to promote their personal friends. If your not a “yes man” your a problem. They want you to improve your skills without proper training or room for improvement.
Pros
Co works are friendly
Cons
Management needs to be re vamped
So I only worked here about 4 months because as soon as I started really selling COVID happened and everyone was put on furlough but in those 4 months I learned so much and was able to see how much opportunity there is in sales.
Pros
Great management, which can’t be said about a lot of companies.
Very talented teams, training teams have developed tremendously over the years. Leadership changed too often and I felt that I was undervalued for the time and effort I gave to a career.
Pros
meeting amazing people
Cons
not given credit where credit was absolutly duel
The jobs not bad or hard but they don't pay you enough for everything you do. Also you can't move up in the company unless someone leaves or you transfer so getting promotions and raises is difficult.
Pros
Not difficult
Cons
Pay sucks
But avoid it if you can. High turnover, horribly fast training, low pay. Good vacation time, but good luck getting it approved. Incompetent and lazy management, rampant favoritism, and the feeling that you're being ignored.
Plenty of jobs for advancement. Great people and great company to work for. Really good benefits. Diamond gives to charity with the LPGA tournament every year.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Good location though buildings were dated, which required tons of upkeep. Coworkers were great to work with and management maintained good relations with staff.
I made over $350,000.00 here in three months time with my best month being $150,000.00 go work here. They change the pay plan a lot but that’s ok. It’s still a good company with good pay.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
They change their pay plan all the time
I started as a grounds tech and in 3 months was promoted to facilities tech I. They have a good staff there, I'd say mostly a great staff and it has a 'family feeling' working there, a good team. They are fair and will promote from within. Unfortunately, I have had some physical issues due to to an accident some time ago and came to a point where I could no longer perform my job. I had to quit with no notice, something I regret. I wish I'd sought a different position before having to quit - I liked the people there. The general manager of Oceanaire and Ocean Beach Club is a true humanitarian and good-hearted person - something you may not find often in higher management. The engineering managers are pretty decent guys as well... a good work environment as long as you do what you're hired to do!
Pros
They seem to care about employees
Cons
Was not making enough money to live well
  1. Employee Reviews