Diamond Resorts
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Diamond Resorts Pay & Benefits reviews

Job gives me the necessary tools to succeed. Only thing is that they overwork you. They pay a fair amount every hour and pay checks are reasonable. Great staff , friends you will have forever. Management helps you throughout the day especially when it gets busy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Overwork you
I am very excited about the opportunity, to becoming back to my home location. I have a great feeling what I bring to the table. Booking tours & training.
Cons
Comp plan, hourly or commission
The jobs not bad or hard but they don't pay you enough for everything you do. Also you can't move up in the company unless someone leaves or you transfer so getting promotions and raises is difficult.
Pros
Not difficult
Cons
Pay sucks
But avoid it if you can. High turnover, horribly fast training, low pay. Good vacation time, but good luck getting it approved. Incompetent and lazy management, rampant favoritism, and the feeling that you're being ignored.
Plenty of jobs for advancement. Great people and great company to work for. Really good benefits. Diamond gives to charity with the LPGA tournament every year.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I made over $350,000.00 here in three months time with my best month being $150,000.00 go work here. They change the pay plan a lot but that’s ok. It’s still a good company with good pay.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
They change their pay plan all the time
There is not much to complain about in terms of this company. All management staff that I've had interaction with have been so helpful and welcoming. The most enjoyable part about this job is the people you work with, they really do make you feel like family.
Pros
Awesome benefits, great co-workers, scheduling
Cons
Low pay than other positions of this type
Was fired due to contracting Covid. Would NOT recommend this place. LONG hours, low pay and zero appreciation. The Managers are clueless amd most of the Sales Reps are vulgar
I was a Recruiter at Diamond and was downsized due to CIVID. I worked with a strong recruiting team and with great hiring management group. I would recommend Diamond as a good place to work.
Pros
Pay, opportunity to grow, benefits
Cons
After working for Dimond for 3 years and receiving 2 average to above average evaluations, the two raises I received equalled $0.55. I still make with in the same dollar amount I was hired at in 2017.
Plenty of hours just not enough for full benefits. Management is terrible because there's no consistency. It depends on the time of day and manager. Sometimes they don't even follow policy themselves
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
My role was to meet with the purchasers of the timeshare in a private office setting, review the closing disclosures to ensure understanding of the financial documents as well as the benefits related to owning the product. It was my responsibility to follow up with these owners periodically to ensure a high retention. Part of that duty included customer service and resolving any customer conflict so as to have happy owners and create a good reputation of good customer service and follow up from Diamond.I loved working for this company and would still be there had the resort not closed down operations in my area due to COVID. The compensation, benefits and management were among some of the best I have seen in the industry. The overall culture created by the leaders in my department especially were exceptional. My direct report is one of the best leaders in the industry. His leadership during my year with Diamond is hands down one of the best! He and I had also worked together at another company which is what led me to the position initially. A company is only as good as its management and this company has some amazing leaders!!!
Pros
Benefits, Pay plan, Culture, Management, Great leadership, Good product
Cons
Weekends, late nights (part of sales)
Management is non existent in helping. They expect you to figure everything out yourself. Pay is decent the only thing that is good about this place is the benefits. Other than that it’s not worth working here especially at the Tahoe resort. To much of a headache!
Benefits
Cons
Very stressful job and the pay is not great. Poor leadership and no directions I do not recommend at all. You cannot grow with this company a lot of false promises you will receive from day one.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
pay and management
I worked the day shift, so I really had no complaint other than we worked outside and it got VERY hot in the summer. Your goal every day is to book as many "vacation ownership" tours as possible. You bribe people to do the tours either while giving them tickets to an attraction, dinner vouchers, vacation vouchers, or just a visa gift card. I was very good at this job, and would be hard on myself if I didn't hit the goal I would set for myself daily. I had good and bad days, just like with any job. There were days it felt like I could book tours all day and everyone qualified, and then there were days it felt like I would spend the better part of every day disqualifying people. The good days kept me around the better part of 5 years, and I still miss it to this day. I loved this job, and my coworkers kept me competitive, but even though it is a beach job, it is HARD work. You have to be able to negotiate with people and deal with rejection really well to be successful. Believing in what you are doing helps too...
Pros
at the beach, management, coworkers, fun, 401k match, healthcare
Cons
short breaks, hot
Worked as a security officer for about a year, both my manager she supervisor were let go and I was left to take control of a Dept that had no standards. I was not paid for being a manager and then I was let go for not showing up when my schedule was changed while I was on vacation. This resort over works employees, mistreats the workers and doesn’t pay much. Good things about this place were the great employees I worked with. Horrible management but there is nothing good to say about this establishment.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Low pay, long hours under appreciated
I have worked for this company for over 5 years now, and the problems COVID has highlighted are only the tip of the iceberg. I have brought up safety concerns several times with management, ways to deal with these concerns, and why they need to be addressed several times to no avail. I have even predicted a couple events with ways to prevent them and they have not listened. My suggestions were not over the top or impractical. They were simple things to implement and execute. They only listen after someone gets hurt. Problem employees are not dealt with and you literally have to steal from the company to get fired. You'd think that's a good thing, but they give problem employees a pass while they are allowed to freely create a hostile work environment. I do not recommend working for this place unless your alternative is homelessness.
Pros
5 days vacation after 90 days, with 5 days sick (prorated, depending on start month), yearly bonuses
Cons
Stress, No annual raises besides cost of living, no cost of living raise due to COVID
Best team culture, consistent recognition, and room for advancement. They highly encourage to promote from within the company first before seeking elsewhere. Need to have thick skin in this industry. Great compensation plan and benefits.
Pros
Great comp plan and benefits
Cons
daily rejection through the day in marketing. Need to be mentally tough.
I love it there it’s a place where you can make money yo take care of your family, also make sure you get the hours you need, give great benefits, an the employees there are so much of a help
Diamond Resorts is a terrible place to work. The Diamond property in Honokowai is ugly and out dated. The only thing that matters to anyone there is how much you money you bring in to them and how much you can swindle the customer. Diamond Resorts has one of the worst reputations in timeshare in how they treat their owners and non-sale employees. Their paying scale is ridicules to where you never make any money because you are up against the #1 sellers in the company, so therefore your pay rate is based off of them. They do offer free benefits and a lot of perks to their employees but that is compensation to the lack of pay they give.
Had a wonderful time working here. Would come back in a heart beat. Just as long as my pay would equal my work. All I worked with say they would love for me to come back. Would just want a better paying opportunity then the one I had. Other departments pay wonderful. My manager at the time took advantage of my skills. If you go into marketing make sure you get a better commission then minedid. You should the manager I had at