Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Recruitment Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2018
Enjoyed worked for Diamond Resorts. Have only good feeling toward them. A good working culture. Great managers and executives who always wanted you to excel and succeed. Each day it was a joy to go to work.
Pros
Great work culture, benefits, and co-workers
Stay vacationed
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2018
Diamond Resort International motto's is "Stay Vacationed". As a lifeguard, which is a seasonal full time, we never got any benefits from what full time does. That is no paid vacationed like they say in the orientation. Also there will be no paid breaks, which is a huge con because its only a 30 minute break for an 8 hour shift. Management just got better but before while I worked was completely a disaster. Still do not recommend as working as a lifeguard. The summers are HOT and the only air condition you will get is from the fitness center, also where the guest will get the pool towels. Well it is a problem for upper management, they do not want a ton of lifeguards and pool deck attendants cool down with A/C. The least they could do to help is give the life guards a hut that we can chill.
Pros
Cons
No paid breaks
Good intentions, bad output
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2018
Nice company to work for, although the job roles themselves are very competitive. I found myself dragging to go in everyday because the customers are very rude and do not want to work with the company due to escalated issues they have experienced, yet we must meet a certain production number daily. The ethics of the company are just not right IMO. Great if like you likes sales and competition!
Pros
Discounts at resorts
Cons
Company ethics
Fun work place, but very serious.
Prospect sales agent/closer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2018
Diamond allowed me to sharpen my skills and become a better salesmen . Was a great place to work the majority of the time, but The level of stress in some positions was high.
It seemed good at first until....
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Summerlin, NVOctober 29, 2018
I wish there was a ZERO rating. Working for their Legal Dept was a scam as well as all the horrible complaints that came in that I had to read and respond to. I felt so embarrassed to work for a lying to your face, backstabbing and conniving company such as Diamond Resorts. The employees are miserable working there having to lie to their members, only because they need a paycheck. After just 1 week, they end your assignment the same day right after telling you that your time was extended while smiling in your face at the same time and when you know that you were doing a great job. It's not rocket science. They just use you to catch them up on their hundreds of complaints that they can't keep up with, instead of being honest about the assignment time. And then try to give you a bad rating to the agency to cover-up their bogus reason for ending your assignment. But they never give you an honest reason if any at all. It was a learning experience for sure. I did not know that these types of companies are allowed to operate in such an ignorant and underhanded way. In the past I have been approached by these misleading salespeople to purchase timeshares. It all sounded so good but fishy. I am glad that I never got caught up in their scams, especially Diamond Resorts. Bad business!! RUN the other way!!
Pros
Good pay, 1-hour lunch, paid on time
Cons
Catty females, they don't respect Temps like this is our 1st and only job, Backstabbers
Nice people
House Person (Former Employee) –  Estes Park, COOctober 20, 2018
The bosses are nice enough. But it's hard work and not much pay. I was not thoroughly trained. On the plus side, my boss would pick me and a co-worker up on days that we did not have a ride. Apparently, after I quit, they supplied a room to my co-worker when she had problems at home with her significant other.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
no advancement
Nice team
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
Worked in a very open team. Provided all the tools. Feedback wasnt very open about current progress in the job, gave false impressions about how your progress is. Will conduct interviews to replace you while still employed.
Pros
Nice people, relaxed work environment
Cons
Low pay for high qualifications
Experience
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 8, 2018
I had a pretty good experience at this job. Definitely not ideal, but helped me pay bills and eat while I was there. I made some poor choices, but learned from them and have moved on.
Wokring at Tour Desk
administrative coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLOctober 6, 2018
Check guest in for a timeshare presentation, go over qualifications, making sure guests qualify, input date into the computer using clarity and excel, send out reports, check attendance
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
no overtime
new management and several buy outs. Too much transition.
Time Share Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 4, 2018
new management and several buy outs. Too much transition. jkklsfjhfgue hreuwyrerhdfnsfnfhshhfuhdfhsdfjhndfweurueruewn dwefuweifherurhfewrjewu5trierjuiiuirtkl jo
Very Professional
Area Vice President (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZOctober 2, 2018
Awesome Company to work for. Great potential for growth. awesome training and people to work with. Very positive environment. Room for advancement and company is alway growing.
Diamond Resorts is without question a great company to work for. Expectations are unreasonable. Stressful in slow seasons
Dream Holiday Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2018
You have to really watch your bookings, and make sure that they are not being taken from you. (happens often) it is one of those hush your mouth jobs.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Lies, lies, and lies!
timeshare Sales
Timeshare Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 20, 2018
meet one to two clients everyday to sell timeshare . poor management and operations. I do not believe in the product. sell based on lies. not for me. Thank you for the job opportunity.
Pros
short working hours
Cons
poor sales outcome
easy to work there
Sampler C/S Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Working here is fun and competitive. Its busy everyday very fast pace. I became better at dealing with difficult customers. the day goes by quick here because its always something to do .
Industry Leader
Vacation Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 18, 2018
Responsibilities included but not limited selling and marketing timeshares to potential customers. Through a personalized approach I coached families into making the most out of their time together by investing and committing to one another through timeshare; while exceeding sales quotas and achieving many recognitions for highest sales volume month after month with newly acquired accounts. During employment I also gained experience as a closer, trainer, and in-house vacation counselor.
Micro managed
Hotel reservation speciliast (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I ran while in training when advised i was not allowed to carry my own belongings and mandated to put my purse into a locker, Before your shift everyday you must put your belongings into a locker as if this is some type of high school vs a workplace. Very strict on breaks you need your phone to put a timer but guess what your phone goes into the locker too. Cameras pointed primarily at your desk and security has a 60 inch tv to watch your every move! Ridiculous work environment
Not For Me
Lead Sapler Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 11, 2018
I didn't like the job. Timeshare work is not for everyone. If you are a salesman, and do not have issues talking to people, this may be for you. if not, I would not apply.
Good Company.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Diamond Resorts is very focused: Strong leadership. Numbers driven. Product variety includes long term and short term options for owners and potential owners. Great place to work.
Great Place to Work
REPRESENTATIVE / FIELD PACKAGE SALES CLOSER (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 6, 2018
It is a terrific company, innovative and progressive management was excellent lots of opportunity for long term growth and success with excellent benefits
Difficult working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZSeptember 4, 2018
Tremendous stress for all sales people to achieve out-of-reach sales goals. Pressure from managers who interrupted client interviews and used profanity. No one in sales was good enough. Pressure was also put on customers to spend more, more! Most just got up and left. Because I asked for fewer hours per week of work, that was not acceptable and my work hours were reduced until it was no longer feasible to work there.
Pros
Met nice sales people
Cons
Stressful working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight