Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

No good
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
I would never recommend anyone to work for diamond resorts international or diamond resorts. Ithey do not care about their employees you are disposable like toilet paper they don’t train you properly they are verbally abusive and mentally abusive and the stress put me in the hospital twice. It is a terrible company to work for due to very poor management
Cons
Overall good place to work
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Branson, MODecember 5, 2018
Competitive wages, good benefits, chance to advance. Missing better work-personal life balance. Could use more employee appreciation programs and better employee travel discounts.
Fast Pace setting in Call Center
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2018
I loved helping the agents learn new things and how to do their job properly. I definitely learned a lot in the time I worked there some good and bad.
Pros
Health benefits, discounts
Cons
Stressful
typical day
off property ambassador (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 5, 2018
greet customers, maps and information about the island, divert situations to the outcome I'm looking for. need better management skills. fast-paced time sensitive.
Pros
working in waikiki
Cons
not being placed in high traffic areas
Sales trap for prospective hires
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451December 3, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of misleading current owners and their guests in order to persuade and entice them to attend a timeshare meeting that could last well over what was initially disclosed. I learned much about my local area via interactivity with the customer base, and how to effectively communicate with prospective customers with regards to timeshare sales tactics. Management was extremely poor due to sales goals being set after the work week had completed thereby negating any chances of a goal for the week being obtainable (this was intentional as to deny greater-than-minimum-wage pay). Workplace culture was mediocre at best as all concierges were rotational on greeting guests/pitching, so a sense of fair competition was impossible. The hardest part of this job was knowing I was intentionally misleading owners/guests of the length of time for their timeshare meeting, as well as not disclosing it as a timeshare meeting as instead it was mandatory we refer to it as simply an "update on their current status" or "ways you can stay here and affiliated businesses in the future". The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction with varying people and the connections I gained therein.
Cons
Minimum wage if goals not met, goals set at the end of the week when pay decisions made
Fast paced with funny moving management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 3, 2018
Management at Diamond resorts could be better but you work fast paced independently and in groups at times. They arent too fair to employees but as long as you do your job correctly and listen to instructions its a good place to work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks, barely enough hours off and on.
Good job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 30, 2018
Great place to work but there has to be a way to get cost of living equal pay. Environment is great and the people can be nice. I loved my job and was good at it.
great culture
Vacation counselor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale AZNovember 24, 2018
excellent training and support. Management was outstanding.Would highly recommend this company to any one who wants to learn the time share industry......
Pros
great training
Great place to work.
Recruitment Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2018
Enjoyed worked for Diamond Resorts. Have only good feeling toward them. A good working culture. Great managers and executives who always wanted you to excel and succeed. Each day it was a joy to go to work.
Pros
Great work culture, benefits, and co-workers
Great Company to work for
Regional Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2018
Great Company to work for and great benefits. Management and the team were great and helpful. We always work as a TEAM. Great culture and very family oriented.
Stay vacationed
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2018
Diamond Resort International motto's is "Stay Vacationed". As a lifeguard, which is a seasonal full time, we never got any benefits from what full time does. That is no paid vacationed like they say in the orientation. Also there will be no paid breaks, which is a huge con because its only a 30 minute break for an 8 hour shift. Management just got better but before while I worked was completely a disaster. Still do not recommend as working as a lifeguard. The summers are HOT and the only air condition you will get is from the fitness center, also where the guest will get the pool towels. Well it is a problem for upper management, they do not want a ton of lifeguards and pool deck attendants cool down with A/C. The least they could do to help is give the life guards a hut that we can chill.
Pros
Cons
No paid breaks
Good intentions, bad output
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2018
Nice company to work for, although the job roles themselves are very competitive. I found myself dragging to go in everyday because the customers are very rude and do not want to work with the company due to escalated issues they have experienced, yet we must meet a certain production number daily. The ethics of the company are just not right IMO. Great if like you likes sales and competition!
Pros
Discounts at resorts
Cons
Company ethics
Fun work place, but very serious.
Prospect sales agent/closer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2018
Diamond allowed me to sharpen my skills and become a better salesmen . Was a great place to work the majority of the time, but The level of stress in some positions was high.
It seemed good at first until....
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Summerlin, NVOctober 29, 2018
I wish there was a ZERO rating. Working for their Legal Dept was a scam as well as all the horrible complaints that came in that I had to read and respond to. I felt so embarrassed to work for a lying to your face, backstabbing and conniving company such as Diamond Resorts. The employees are miserable working there having to lie to their members, only because they need a paycheck. After just 1 week, they end your assignment the same day right after telling you that your time was extended while smiling in your face at the same time and when you know that you were doing a great job. It's not rocket science. They just use you to catch them up on their hundreds of complaints that they can't keep up with, instead of being honest about the assignment time. And then try to give you a bad rating to the agency to cover-up their bogus reason for ending your assignment. But they never give you an honest reason if any at all. It was a learning experience for sure. I did not know that these types of companies are allowed to operate in such an ignorant and underhanded way. In the past I have been approached by these misleading salespeople to purchase timeshares. It all sounded so good but fishy. I am glad that I never got caught up in their scams, especially Diamond Resorts. Bad business!! RUN the other way!!
Pros
Good pay, 1-hour lunch, paid on time
Cons
Catty females, they don't respect Temps like this is our 1st and only job, Backstabbers
Nice people
House Person (Former Employee) –  Estes Park, COOctober 20, 2018
The bosses are nice enough. But it's hard work and not much pay. I was not thoroughly trained. On the plus side, my boss would pick me and a co-worker up on days that we did not have a ride. Apparently, after I quit, they supplied a room to my co-worker when she had problems at home with her significant other.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
no advancement
Nice team
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
Worked in a very open team. Provided all the tools. Feedback wasnt very open about current progress in the job, gave false impressions about how your progress is. Will conduct interviews to replace you while still employed.
Pros
Nice people, relaxed work environment
Cons
Low pay for high qualifications
Experience
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 8, 2018
I had a pretty good experience at this job. Definitely not ideal, but helped me pay bills and eat while I was there. I made some poor choices, but learned from them and have moved on.
Wokring at Tour Desk
administrative coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLOctober 6, 2018
Check guest in for a timeshare presentation, go over qualifications, making sure guests qualify, input date into the computer using clarity and excel, send out reports, check attendance
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
no overtime
new management and several buy outs. Too much transition.
Time Share Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 4, 2018
new management and several buy outs. Too much transition. jkklsfjhfgue hreuwyrerhdfnsfnfhshhfuhdfhsdfjhndfweurueruewn dwefuweifherurhfewrjewu5trierjuiiuirtkl jo
Very Professional
Area Vice President (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZOctober 2, 2018
Awesome Company to work for. Great potential for growth. awesome training and people to work with. Very positive environment. Room for advancement and company is alway growing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight