Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
another number
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
DRI provides great benefits and is overall a good company to work for...unless you work as a manager or an executive. The organization is cliquey and will attempt to push out individuals that dont fit in their circle
Not Honest
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA 23188July 15, 2018
Diamond Resorts is not honest with the candidates about the job expectations and the hostel work environment that you will be working in. The customer service that is given to the guest only make them angry and then you have to calm them down. The management team, which does include corporate, does not have any concerns for your well being.
Typical Day at Work
Financial Services/Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2018
Management has changed various times and at one point there was no manager so we were left to kind of figure things out on out own. Once we got a new manager it was worse than when we didn't have one. Meetings back to back leaving no available help on the floor and we would have to tell members we would call then back with further assistance because there was no supervisors available to take the calls and assist. Very strict on breaks and tardies. Claim to be family environment but it is not.
Pros
You get bonus.
Cons
No flexibility, No reliable management.
Sad
Engineering Professional (Former Employee) –  Greensprings, Williamsburg, Virginia 23188July 3, 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked.
Restructuring is needed at this place.
Construction and contractors need to be fired!
Dispatchers should be replaced with automation.
No tools or equipment to work with and OSHA should check this place out!
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too many to list
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2018
I love working there, it was a great environment and fun at times. The trainer was so great and very helpful with the work information. The only thing i hate was the general management.
Pros
Great workplace and environment
Cons
General Manager
Productive environment
Pool Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 1, 2018
Brilliant place to work and grow as an individual. Friendly coworkers and motivating managers. You get to meet people from all over the world from all walks of life.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Can't work two departments at once
Productive and good company to work for.
Senior Club Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. From co-workers to management made our work easy and smooth. The benefits where excellent as well as the insurance that was provided.
Regional IT Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 28, 2018
Prior to June 2016, Diamond was a great company to work for. The executive management had a vision of where they needed to be and ensured that vision was communicated throughout the company ensuring all departments were on the same page as to their direction to make that vision a reality. The complete focus was on removing the stigma of time share and converting to a more enjoyable, broader travel vacation experience. My upper management was knowledgeable, caring and always open to suggestions. The team members I fostered were awesome. I enjoyed working along side of them most of all. The company benefits were in line with national standards, salaries were on a scale of low to mid level. The company travel that me and my wife were able to enjoy was definitely a wonderful experience.
Pros
Travel Locations, Benefits and friendly work environment
Non Productive Environment
Business Development and In-House Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2018
Last of Customer service follow up, Lack of Member communication in a timely manner .
There is room for improvement , but they will have to dedicate and focus more in they're customer support.
Excellent training program
Marketing Specialist/OPC (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 25, 2018
The average work day at Diamond Resort would start of with a staff meeting then we are deployed to each respective hotels. From then on we will pitch about our products, services and resorts to hotel guests and get them to tour our property. Management offers an excellent training program whereby I was able to project myself with more self confidence and be more extroverted. The people I worked with are nice and they mentor you as well to help you get better at your job. The best part of this is getting to meet new people everyday.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Work hours until 11pm
Very fast passed place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2018
Must be able to make the minimum reservation quote per day. Must up-sell packages. Must be able to work under pressure. Must earn your job everyday. Schedules can change every week so must have a very flexible schedule.
Amazing company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sedona, AZJune 21, 2018
Best place to work, ever. Compensation plan, managment. Absolutely everything is top-notch. If you get the chance to work for this amazing company, jump on it and never look back.
great work place to start but changed
Food and Beverage & Activities Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2018
Work place was great when I joined big after take over by an Investment company they decided to change.
Really enjoyed my job and the traveling it entailed
The EMPLOYEES are great, most treat you like a human being.
Platinum Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2018
Well before the new "Senior VP" came up to our floor from the National Marketing Department, the job was laid back and fun to do. Once she took over it became stressful, and a chore to come into work. It was like we were all constantly walking on egg shells. But I guess when you have a "kid" running the show you get a CIRCUS! Wouldn't go back there if it was the last place to work.
Pros
Great Company Benefits
Cons
Terrible Management Teams!!
Great work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 13, 2018
One of the best places I've worked for. It never felt like i was going to work. Coworkers felt more like family the directors door was always open. The discounts where amazing the kind of monthly bonus that could change your life. Diamond resorts has a great product and makes it easier to sell. All together a great place and company.
Job Experience
Club Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2018
The new upper management has made working for Diamond extremely stressful with no home/work life balance. There are unrealistic expectations that are required that has increased turnover dramatically.
Competitive workplace
OPC (Current Employee) –  Sedona, AZJune 8, 2018
In this competitive workplace in regards to numbers, one is forced to build many relationships with new faces everyday and be the face of Diamond Resorts. There is a lot of pride in the representation of the company.
Nice workplace
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2018
A good call center job that was fast paced. Everyone got along, members were nice as long as you knew what you were talking about. Very competitive with bonuses
Highly competitive numbers to keep your job
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2018
If you can't stand ridicule from managers for not selling a customer then this job isn't for you. They place such high expectations that it doesn't allow for good people to stay. The more "fluff" you can put on a presentation the more likely you are to sell them but then again if you have a conscious mindset you likely won't be able to be a big name player on the sales staff.
Pros
not a very long day always and huge commission
Cons
Stress, stress and more stress on top of managers coming down on you for not selling...
Meetings upbeat in the mornings
OPC Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HI 96732May 30, 2018
OPC which means I had to get couples to attend presentations and seminars for Timeshare.
The hardest part was recruiting.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and meeting people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight