Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful workplace
Reservation Specialist/ Platinum Agent (Former Employee) –  Las vegasAugust 14, 2018
Does not properly train employees management doesn’t tell the truth and there is no communication between departments the company will run itself into the ground!!!
Cons
Short breaks, computers slow can’t clock in on time
Stressful work enviornment
Resort Concierge (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 10, 2018
Our supervisor there was very unprofessional. She lacked the management skills. We asked certain questions that sometimes did not get answered until the following day.
Benefits
Cons
superviosr
Con Men
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maui, HIAugust 3, 2018
Working at Diamond Resorts was the worst experience I ever had in 20 years of working in this Industry.
There sales practices are unethical and feel like they were put together by a Used Car Dealer.
What concerns me the most is that anyone new to the Industry may think that this is how all Timeshare Companies do business.
They are the exception definitely not the norm.
But working there may stop someone from ever wanting to work in Timeshare again.
They are Con men not sales men.
Pros
I can sleep at night again
Cons
Diamond Resorts
I like it.
SERVER/MIXOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Brian Head, UTJuly 31, 2018
I really like to work for this company the reasoning that I went to work some ware else is that I could not drive my car up the hill everyday that it was bad for it in the repairs so they had a shuttle but the sold the restaurant out to some one else and they did not provide the transformation any more.
Pros
loved it
Cons
no shuttle anymore.
Changes and more Changes
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2018
Even though i agree changes are needed and make your company improve or help with restructuring, what I do not agree with is the way they are implemented, presented and exposed to the employees the hard working manpower that keeps the business going
Not the worst but hardly the best
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 29, 2018
The position I had wasn't the worst to have at this company. It is extremely slow during the winter months then insane during the summer. The guests are simultaneously the best and worst part of the job, though more better in my experience.
Pros
The guests & coworkers, activities
Cons
lack of advancement, low pay, poor work-life balance
Great Income and Growth Opportunity
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Kitty Hawk, NCJuly 19, 2018
DRI is a large organization that has fantastic benefits and compensation with lots of room for vertical growth. Their training programs are comprehensive and with over 400 locations, there are many opportunities for relocation.
Pros
Very high pay
Cons
long and unpredictable hours
Good at first, then management changed
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 19, 2018
Work changes through the seasons, with general relaxing conditions during the off season (winter, part of spring), with stressful, hard conditions in busy season (much of the year in Florida).

I learned many useful skills there, such as better people skills, time management, some pool technician abilities, and coping with summer heat.

Management, at the location I worked for, was mixed. My general manager was kind, understanding, supportive, and firm but fair. I genuinely believe he had my best interests at heart. The resort manager I felt was overall bad. She had just been promoted to a management position and while good at first ultimately succumbed to caring more about finances and performance scores than the employees. I brought multiple concerns to her attention only to be shrugged off multiple times and told how to do things the way she wanted them done, ultimately leading to dangerous work conditions, and a near physical confrontation with a coworker I did not get along with I had voiced multiple complaints about, leading to my departure from the job. I would have to describe management as negligent.

Overall, workplace culture was friendly and diverse.

Hardest part of the job was by far the beach chairs and umbrellas, what I can only describe as heavy physical labor, for near minimum wage. Without that, I feel that my job would have been a fair and enjoyable one and many problems that arose would have never occurred.

The most enjoyable part of the job, of course, was getting to work at a beach side resort. Not many people can say they worked at a beach.
  more... Getting to watch the ocean waves after a hard day's work and watching the sunrise over the ocean, as well as the evening storms out over the ocean, was by far the best part of my work experience there.  less
Pros
Excellent Benefits and Vacation Plan
Cons
Heavy Manual Labor, Very Hard in Summer
Quick pace working enviroment
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2018
It is always a quick pace when it comes to good customer service with high volume guests. Good teammates and on site managers but system is not rewarding and working hours for the Front Desk are variable depending on business needs. Salary needs improvement at all levels.
Pros
benefits, team members
Cons
working hours, low salary
Security, a bad place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 17, 2018
I would never work for the place ever again, talk about horrible management.Poor pay, poor hours, security was made to do everything. Fires people over anything. everyone is sleeping with everyone, no one did their job and security was to tell on everyone. Its a joke.
Pros
Cons
everything
another number
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
DRI provides great benefits and is overall a good company to work for...unless you work as a manager or an executive. The organization is cliquey and will attempt to push out individuals that dont fit in their circle
Not Honest
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA 23188July 15, 2018
Diamond Resorts is not honest with the candidates about the job expectations and the hostel work environment that you will be working in. The customer service that is given to the guest only make them angry and then you have to calm them down. The management team, which does include corporate, does not have any concerns for your well being.
Productive work environment with potential for growth
Sampler rep (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2018
Diamond gave me the ability to earn the fullest potential of income in Hawaii and also opened the door for management!
It also taught me that change is normal and you have to be pliable and learn to adapt!
All in all, Diamond prepared me well for my next endeavor!
Pros
Living in Hawaii was the best opportunity ever
Typical Day at Work
Financial Services/Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2018
Management has changed various times and at one point there was no manager so we were left to kind of figure things out on out own. Once we got a new manager it was worse than when we didn't have one. Meetings back to back leaving no available help on the floor and we would have to tell members we would call then back with further assistance because there was no supervisors available to take the calls and assist. Very strict on breaks and tardies. Claim to be family environment but it is not.
Pros
You get bonus.
Cons
No flexibility, No reliable management.
Sad
Engineering Professional (Former Employee) –  Greensprings, Williamsburg, Virginia 23188July 3, 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked.
Restructuring is needed at this place.
Construction and contractors need to be fired!
Dispatchers should be replaced with automation.
No tools or equipment to work with and OSHA should check this place out!
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too many to list
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2018
I love working there, it was a great environment and fun at times. The trainer was so great and very helpful with the work information. The only thing i hate was the general management.
Pros
Great workplace and environment
Cons
General Manager
Productive environment
Pool Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 1, 2018
Brilliant place to work and grow as an individual. Friendly coworkers and motivating managers. You get to meet people from all over the world from all walks of life.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Can't work two departments at once
Productive and good company to work for.
Senior Club Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. From co-workers to management made our work easy and smooth. The benefits where excellent as well as the insurance that was provided.
Regional IT Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 28, 2018
Prior to June 2016, Diamond was a great company to work for. The executive management had a vision of where they needed to be and ensured that vision was communicated throughout the company ensuring all departments were on the same page as to their direction to make that vision a reality. The complete focus was on removing the stigma of time share and converting to a more enjoyable, broader travel vacation experience. My upper management was knowledgeable, caring and always open to suggestions. The team members I fostered were awesome. I enjoyed working along side of them most of all. The company benefits were in line with national standards, salaries were on a scale of low to mid level. The company travel that me and my wife were able to enjoy was definitely a wonderful experience.
Pros
Travel Locations, Benefits and friendly work environment
Non Productive Environment
Business Development and In-House Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2018
Last of Customer service follow up, Lack of Member communication in a timely manner .
There is room for improvement , but they will have to dedicate and focus more in they're customer support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight