Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
timeshare Sales
Timeshare Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 20, 2018
meet one to two clients everyday to sell timeshare . poor management and operations. I do not believe in the product. sell based on lies. not for me. Thank you for the job opportunity.
Pros
short working hours
Cons
poor sales outcome
easy to work there
Sampler C/S Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Working here is fun and competitive. Its busy everyday very fast pace. I became better at dealing with difficult customers. the day goes by quick here because its always something to do .
Industry Leader
Vacation Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 18, 2018
Responsibilities included but not limited selling and marketing timeshares to potential customers. Through a personalized approach I coached families into making the most out of their time together by investing and committing to one another through timeshare; while exceeding sales quotas and achieving many recognitions for highest sales volume month after month with newly acquired accounts. During employment I also gained experience as a closer, trainer, and in-house vacation counselor.
Micro managed
Hotel reservation speciliast (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I ran while in training when advised i was not allowed to carry my own belongings and mandated to put my purse into a locker, Before your shift everyday you must put your belongings into a locker as if this is some type of high school vs a workplace. Very strict on breaks you need your phone to put a timer but guess what your phone goes into the locker too. Cameras pointed primarily at your desk and security has a 60 inch tv to watch your every move! Ridiculous work environment
Not For Me
Lead Sapler Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 11, 2018
I didn't like the job. Timeshare work is not for everyone. If you are a salesman, and do not have issues talking to people, this may be for you. if not, I would not apply.
Good Company.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Diamond Resorts is very focused: Strong leadership. Numbers driven. Product variety includes long term and short term options for owners and potential owners. Great place to work.
Great Place to Work
REPRESENTATIVE / FIELD PACKAGE SALES CLOSER (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 6, 2018
It is a terrific company, innovative and progressive management was excellent lots of opportunity for long term growth and success with excellent benefits
Difficult working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZSeptember 4, 2018
Tremendous stress for all sales people to achieve out-of-reach sales goals. Pressure from managers who interrupted client interviews and used profanity. No one in sales was good enough. Pressure was also put on customers to spend more, more! Most just got up and left. Because I asked for fewer hours per week of work, that was not acceptable and my work hours were reduced until it was no longer feasible to work there.
Pros
Met nice sales people
Cons
Stressful working environment
Customer Service
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2018
Loved learning about the timeshare properties, having opportunities to stay at the properties,everyday something different

Workplace was great with good people to work with

Management was good and understanding
Hardest part of the job having to say no to the members wanting to book their time and leaving the job
Pros
staying at the properties
Cons
contract restrictions
Fun in the beginning
Legal Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2018
Learned a lot working in the legal department from my previous General Counsel and a couple of the attorneys. Very comfortable attire being a timeshare company.
Pros
Not micro managed
Cons
Some inappropriate employee behavior
I love this company!
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 17, 2018
Diamond resorts is a great company to work for. You are able to grow worldwide with this company. I love the team atmosphere. The managers are great. Like any business things get hectic, but management is always there to help.
Pros
Team Environment
Call Center
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89135August 16, 2018
It is a call center for time shares and vacation packages. Agents are on straight commission. As a sales auditor we were told to be accurate but give a short time to process accounts.
Pros
Large company with many locations
Cons
strict quotas
I would not recommend this company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 15, 2018
This company has steadily declined over the past several years. It used to be a great place to work. Unfortunately management is focused on the bottom line ONLY! There is a culture of deception towards the clients. Do a search for Diamond Resorts lawsuits. I can vouch that the accusations made against Diamond and its Sales practices are TRUE!!
Pros
Not many
Cons
Horrible management, bad culture, high pressure
Stressful workplace
Reservation Specialist/ Platinum Agent (Former Employee) –  Las vegasAugust 14, 2018
Does not properly train employees management doesn’t tell the truth and there is no communication between departments the company will run itself into the ground!!!
Cons
Short breaks, computers slow can’t clock in on time
Stressful work enviornment
Resort Concierge (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 10, 2018
Our supervisor there was very unprofessional. She lacked the management skills. We asked certain questions that sometimes did not get answered until the following day.
Benefits
Cons
superviosr
Very unorganized and extremely stressful
Contract/Temporary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
Very un-enjoyable place to work. Lots of complaints from member's where they were provided false information from sales departments to sign contracts and management did not make any exceptions to attempt to help customers. Extremely unorganized. Employees constantly provided inaccurate information to give to customers, resulting in multiple escalations.
Con Men
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maui, HIAugust 3, 2018
Working at Diamond Resorts was the worst experience I ever had in 20 years of working in this Industry.
There sales practices are unethical and feel like they were put together by a Used Car Dealer.
What concerns me the most is that anyone new to the Industry may think that this is how all Timeshare Companies do business.
They are the exception definitely not the norm.
But working there may stop someone from ever wanting to work in Timeshare again.
They are Con men not sales men.
Pros
I can sleep at night again
Cons
Diamond Resorts
I like it.
SERVER/MIXOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Brian Head, UTJuly 31, 2018
I really like to work for this company the reasoning that I went to work some ware else is that I could not drive my car up the hill everyday that it was bad for it in the repairs so they had a shuttle but the sold the restaurant out to some one else and they did not provide the transformation any more.
Pros
loved it
Cons
no shuttle anymore.
Changes and more Changes
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2018
Even though i agree changes are needed and make your company improve or help with restructuring, what I do not agree with is the way they are implemented, presented and exposed to the employees the hard working manpower that keeps the business going
Not the worst but hardly the best
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 29, 2018
The position I had wasn't the worst to have at this company. It is extremely slow during the winter months then insane during the summer. The guests are simultaneously the best and worst part of the job, though more better in my experience.
Pros
The guests & coworkers, activities
Cons
lack of advancement, low pay, poor work-life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight