Diamond Resorts International Culture reviews

easy to work there
Sampler C/S Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Working here is fun and competitive. Its busy everyday very fast pace. I became better at dealing with difficult customers. the day goes by quick here because its always something to do .
Customer Service
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2018
Loved learning about the timeshare properties, having opportunities to stay at the properties,everyday something different

Workplace was great with good people to work with

Management was good and understanding
Hardest part of the job having to say no to the members wanting to book their time and leaving the job
Pros
staying at the properties
Cons
contract restrictions
I love this company!
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 17, 2018
Diamond resorts is a great company to work for. You are able to grow worldwide with this company. I love the team atmosphere. The managers are great. Like any business things get hectic, but management is always there to help.
Pros
Team Environment
I would not recommend this company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 15, 2018
This company has steadily declined over the past several years. It used to be a great place to work. Unfortunately management is focused on the bottom line ONLY! There is a culture of deception towards the clients. Do a search for Diamond Resorts lawsuits. I can vouch that the accusations made against Diamond and its Sales practices are TRUE!!
Pros
Not many
Cons
Horrible management, bad culture, high pressure
Good at first, then management changed
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 19, 2018
Work changes through the seasons, with general relaxing conditions during the off season (winter, part of spring), with stressful, hard conditions in busy season (much of the year in Florida).

I learned many useful skills there, such as better people skills, time management, some pool technician abilities, and coping with summer heat.

Management, at the location I worked for, was mixed. My general manager was kind, understanding, supportive, and firm but fair. I genuinely believe he had my best interests at heart. The resort manager I felt was overall bad. She had just been promoted to a management position and while good at first ultimately succumbed to caring more about finances and performance scores than the employees. I brought multiple concerns to her attention only to be shrugged off multiple times and told how to do things the way she wanted them done, ultimately leading to dangerous work conditions, and a near physical confrontation with a coworker I did not get along with I had voiced multiple complaints about, leading to my departure from the job. I would have to describe management as negligent.

Overall, workplace culture was friendly and diverse.

Hardest part of the job was by far the beach chairs and umbrellas, what I can only describe as heavy physical labor, for near minimum wage. Without that, I feel that my job would have been a fair and enjoyable one and many problems that arose would have never occurred.

The most enjoyable part of the job, of course, was getting to work at a beach side resort. Not many people can say they worked at a beach.
  more... Getting to watch the ocean waves after a hard day's work and watching the sunrise over the ocean, as well as the evening storms out over the ocean, was by far the best part of my work experience there.  less
Pros
Excellent Benefits and Vacation Plan
Cons
Heavy Manual Labor, Very Hard in Summer
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2018
I love working there, it was a great environment and fun at times. The trainer was so great and very helpful with the work information. The only thing i hate was the general management.
Pros
Great workplace and environment
Cons
General Manager
Productive environment
Pool Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 1, 2018
Brilliant place to work and grow as an individual. Friendly coworkers and motivating managers. You get to meet people from all over the world from all walks of life.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Can't work two departments at once
Productive and good company to work for.
Senior Club Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. From co-workers to management made our work easy and smooth. The benefits where excellent as well as the insurance that was provided.
Excellent training program
Marketing Specialist/OPC (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 25, 2018
The average work day at Diamond Resort would start of with a staff meeting then we are deployed to each respective hotels. From then on we will pitch about our products, services and resorts to hotel guests and get them to tour our property. Management offers an excellent training program whereby I was able to project myself with more self confidence and be more extroverted. The people I worked with are nice and they mentor you as well to help you get better at your job. The best part of this is getting to meet new people everyday.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Work hours until 11pm
Competitive workplace
OPC (Current Employee) –  Sedona, AZJune 8, 2018
In this competitive workplace in regards to numbers, one is forced to build many relationships with new faces everyday and be the face of Diamond Resorts. There is a lot of pride in the representation of the company.
Nice workplace
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2018
A good call center job that was fast paced. Everyone got along, members were nice as long as you knew what you were talking about. Very competitive with bonuses
Meetings upbeat in the mornings
OPC Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HI 96732May 30, 2018
OPC which means I had to get couples to attend presentations and seminars for Timeshare.
The hardest part was recruiting.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and meeting people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Great workplace in the past but recent changes hurt
Internal Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2018
Fairly siloed organizational structure. Individual departments are well managed and run. Organizational goals are determined by holding company, which negatively impacts department goals and improvement opportunities.
Pros
Great workplace, great benefits
Cons
Organizational culture is siloed and decisions are made by holding company
Owner Referral Dept
Owner Referral Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2018
The leads used have been recycled over and over making it very difficult to produce. With approximately 8 people on the team, getting maybe 1 or 2 sales a day is considered a good day.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere. No mico management
Cons
Lests
Good Place to work.
Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2018
On paper, this company is great to work for and if you have the zeal to throw yourself into it and drink the koolaid, it can be amazing. However, politics play a big part in this company and its corporate structure and it's not always fair.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Toxic work environment
Great Pay
VIRTUALIZATION OWNER SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 16, 2018
When I worked for this company I worked from home. So I can not say what the actual culture is like inside of the office.

Pay rate is great. Management for me was okay!
good place to work
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 28, 2018
Great Place to work be ready for fast paced working environment,
Performance base job security, great culture fantastic pay and benefits very long hours if your in management
Pros
Good money
nice location
Timeshare Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 24, 2018
Nice building environment, competitive sales staff, lots of training,must make sales goals/quota,sometimes leave work early if finished with customers appointments
diamond
In-House Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2018
very nice company to work for with a great group of people and the resorts are very nice with great compensation plans on all the different lines to work on
You must have a calm demeanor
Escrow Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2018
Working at Diamond has taught me that you must have a calm demeanor when dealing with the team members and the training that you receive. It is a good idea, once you are trained to tailor the job to your style of working while staying within the company policies and procedures.
Pros
Monthly birthday celebrations for team members
Cons
Mandatory Saturdays after already working a five day work-week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight