Diamond Resorts International Culture reviews

Sales trap for prospective hires
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451December 3, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of misleading current owners and their guests in order to persuade and entice them to attend a timeshare meeting that could last well over what was initially disclosed. I learned much about my local area via interactivity with the customer base, and how to effectively communicate with prospective customers with regards to timeshare sales tactics. Management was extremely poor due to sales goals being set after the work week had completed thereby negating any chances of a goal for the week being obtainable (this was intentional as to deny greater-than-minimum-wage pay). Workplace culture was mediocre at best as all concierges were rotational on greeting guests/pitching, so a sense of fair competition was impossible. The hardest part of this job was knowing I was intentionally misleading owners/guests of the length of time for their timeshare meeting, as well as not disclosing it as a timeshare meeting as instead it was mandatory we refer to it as simply an "update on their current status" or "ways you can stay here and affiliated businesses in the future". The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction with varying people and the connections I gained therein.
Cons
Minimum wage if goals not met, goals set at the end of the week when pay decisions made
Good job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 30, 2018
Great place to work but there has to be a way to get cost of living equal pay. Environment is great and the people can be nice. I loved my job and was good at it.
Great place to work.
Recruitment Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2018
Enjoyed worked for Diamond Resorts. Have only good feeling toward them. A good working culture. Great managers and executives who always wanted you to excel and succeed. Each day it was a joy to go to work.
Pros
Great work culture, benefits, and co-workers
Great Company to work for
Regional Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2018
Great Company to work for and great benefits. Management and the team were great and helpful. We always work as a TEAM. Great culture and very family oriented.
Good intentions, bad output
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2018
Nice company to work for, although the job roles themselves are very competitive. I found myself dragging to go in everyday because the customers are very rude and do not want to work with the company due to escalated issues they have experienced, yet we must meet a certain production number daily. The ethics of the company are just not right IMO. Great if like you likes sales and competition!
Pros
Discounts at resorts
Cons
Company ethics
Nice team
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
Worked in a very open team. Provided all the tools. Feedback wasnt very open about current progress in the job, gave false impressions about how your progress is. Will conduct interviews to replace you while still employed.
Pros
Nice people, relaxed work environment
Cons
Low pay for high qualifications
easy to work there
Sampler C/S Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Working here is fun and competitive. Its busy everyday very fast pace. I became better at dealing with difficult customers. the day goes by quick here because its always something to do .
Customer Service
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2018
Loved learning about the timeshare properties, having opportunities to stay at the properties,everyday something different

Workplace was great with good people to work with

Management was good and understanding
Hardest part of the job having to say no to the members wanting to book their time and leaving the job
Pros
staying at the properties
Cons
contract restrictions
I love this company!
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 17, 2018
Diamond resorts is a great company to work for. You are able to grow worldwide with this company. I love the team atmosphere. The managers are great. Like any business things get hectic, but management is always there to help.
Pros
Team Environment
I would not recommend this company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 15, 2018
This company has steadily declined over the past several years. It used to be a great place to work. Unfortunately management is focused on the bottom line ONLY! There is a culture of deception towards the clients. Do a search for Diamond Resorts lawsuits. I can vouch that the accusations made against Diamond and its Sales practices are TRUE!!
Pros
Not many
Cons
Horrible management, bad culture, high pressure
Good at first, then management changed
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 19, 2018
Work changes through the seasons, with general relaxing conditions during the off season (winter, part of spring), with stressful, hard conditions in busy season (much of the year in Florida).

I learned many useful skills there, such as better people skills, time management, some pool technician abilities, and coping with summer heat.

Management, at the location I worked for, was mixed. My general manager was kind, understanding, supportive, and firm but fair. I genuinely believe he had my best interests at heart. The resort manager I felt was overall bad. She had just been promoted to a management position and while good at first ultimately succumbed to caring more about finances and performance scores than the employees. I brought multiple concerns to her attention only to be shrugged off multiple times and told how to do things the way she wanted them done, ultimately leading to dangerous work conditions, and a near physical confrontation with a coworker I did not get along with I had voiced multiple complaints about, leading to my departure from the job. I would have to describe management as negligent.

Overall, workplace culture was friendly and diverse.

Hardest part of the job was by far the beach chairs and umbrellas, what I can only describe as heavy physical labor, for near minimum wage. Without that, I feel that my job would have been a fair and enjoyable one and many problems that arose would have never occurred.

The most enjoyable part of the job, of course, was getting to work at a beach side resort. Not many people can say they worked at a beach.
  more... Getting to watch the ocean waves after a hard day's work and watching the sunrise over the ocean, as well as the evening storms out over the ocean, was by far the best part of my work experience there.  less
Pros
Excellent Benefits and Vacation Plan
Cons
Heavy Manual Labor, Very Hard in Summer
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2018
I love working there, it was a great environment and fun at times. The trainer was so great and very helpful with the work information. The only thing i hate was the general management.
Pros
Great workplace and environment
Cons
General Manager
Productive environment
Pool Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 1, 2018
Brilliant place to work and grow as an individual. Friendly coworkers and motivating managers. You get to meet people from all over the world from all walks of life.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Can't work two departments at once
Productive and good company to work for.
Senior Club Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. From co-workers to management made our work easy and smooth. The benefits where excellent as well as the insurance that was provided.
Competitive workplace
OPC (Current Employee) –  Sedona, AZJune 8, 2018
In this competitive workplace in regards to numbers, one is forced to build many relationships with new faces everyday and be the face of Diamond Resorts. There is a lot of pride in the representation of the company.
Nice workplace
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2018
A good call center job that was fast paced. Everyone got along, members were nice as long as you knew what you were talking about. Very competitive with bonuses
Meetings upbeat in the mornings
OPC Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HI 96732May 30, 2018
OPC which means I had to get couples to attend presentations and seminars for Timeshare.
The hardest part was recruiting.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and meeting people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Great workplace in the past but recent changes hurt
Internal Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2018
Fairly siloed organizational structure. Individual departments are well managed and run. Organizational goals are determined by holding company, which negatively impacts department goals and improvement opportunities.
Pros
Great workplace, great benefits
Cons
Organizational culture is siloed and decisions are made by holding company
Owner Referral Dept
Owner Referral Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2018
The leads used have been recycled over and over making it very difficult to produce. With approximately 8 people on the team, getting maybe 1 or 2 sales a day is considered a good day.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere. No mico management
Cons
Lests
Good Place to work.
Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2018
On paper, this company is great to work for and if you have the zeal to throw yourself into it and drink the koolaid, it can be amazing. However, politics play a big part in this company and its corporate structure and it's not always fair.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Toxic work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight