Diane's Beachwear

Diane's Beachwear Employee Reviews

No advancement, corporate acts as if this company is a hobby
A nice part time job for students, nice discount on clothes. There is no room for advancement, turn over rate is high in Arizona.

Can be very slow especially in the winter
Don't waste your time
Poor communication between management
Extremely high employee turnover

Expected to hit high sales goals during slow winter seasons. Don't waste your time here. The schedule is not flexible at all!!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No raises
Do not waste your time!
I don’t even know where to start! If you work at Diane’s be prepared to not have a life! No flexibility what’s so ever, working by yourself most of your shifts and being micromanaged constantly. You must request time off 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE!!! It’s a JOKE! Commission structure is also a joke! Because they don’t have one! And also make sure you don’t get sick because they will give you the HARDEST time !
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything!
Too many managers = bad communication
When i was working there were 7 managers for a tiny store which meant terrible communication. Also for part timers there were no set schedule and the managers would change the schedule pretty much everyday and not inform anyone and then get mad when you didn't show up on time. Also a very competitive work place and will have no problem cutting hours if you aren’t making pay toll goals regarfless if it’s slow season. The set un reasonable sales goals.
Pros
Discounts are nice, everybody is super friendly
Cons
Scheduling sucks
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Absolutely Terrible
After having 10 years in retail experience I thought I was finally ready for a Store Manager position. I moved across the country so that I could have this opportunity with Diane's however it was soooo far from what I eve expected. The store was incredibly understaffed when I arrived, merchandised terribly and fixtures/ cash wrap/ mannequins were held together with tape. I additionally found out that I was working directly under a General Manager (therefore not my own store) that was going to be paid exactly the same as me.
It was bizarre from day one. Things just progressively got worse. After about 5 months both my District Manager and General Manager just walked out because they could no longer tolerate working for Diane. She is incredibly invasive and will just sit and watch the store's cameras and then call you directly to "call you out" if she sees something she does not like.

Additionally, you, as a Store Manager, do not merchandise your own store. Someone from corporate will come with literal trash bags to process and then merchandise during operative store hours. Often times there were swimsuits in piles on the floor in plain sight of our customers. Absolutely appalling.

10/10 would NOT recommend anyone work here. EVER.

PS do not take this review lightly if you get a job offer. Things will not change with that company, decline the offer. You WILL find something better.
Horrible Owner
I have never seen a company go through managers so quick. Some of their sales staff stay and are lovely people but the owner and upper management treat the store management horribly.
Pros
in store co-workers
Cons
owners, over worked, treated poorly
Fun workplace
Employees get along and have fun but the owners and corporate managers are always on your back. Always scared you will be fired due to the unrealistic sales goals. Schedule is flexible and can be dealt with quickly when there are issues. Lots of standing around bored with no comfy standing mats allowed but we must wear beachy shoes and stand all day. Dress code is a pain.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Diane's Beachwear?
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager's responsibilities include selling, managing schedules, processing shipments, merchandising, and training new hires. At the time I worked for Diane's, I saw a high turnover rate in both management and sales associates.
Frustrating place to work with no support from corporate
Horrible company to work for. No notice till day of, of the store closure. The company does not care for or value their employees. Expected to meet sales goals with low inventory. Hard to get ahold of corporate which makes its difficult to manage your store. Even in a management role, you're hours can get cut drastically. There is no regard for the fact that some ppl live paycheck to paycheck. It a lot of hard work for nothing.
Just no
This is not an organized or professional company. Most operational technology is extremely outdated and doesn't work properly. There is a high pressure put on sales, but the slow foot traffic makes it unrealistic. The owner is never around, but when she is she is rude. You'd be better off at any other small beach store.
Not a place to call home
Terrible management, don't waste your time. I was completely shocked how fun it was to sell swimwear there, but the management was horrible. If you don't live next to the beach, you won't make commission.
Cons
Diane's "district manager"
Poor Workplace Environment
Horrible company to work for. Poor turnover! There is no pros to working for this company. Would definitely think twice before applying. People who work for corporate take notice of everything you do which makes it a hostile environment.
alright work environment
If you work at a store not near the beach, the sale goals are ridiculous and you most likely will not meet them. They fired people left and right if you did not meet their goals, which is understandable. But it is hard to sell 1500 when there is only one person entering the store. Something they should definitely look into. I will never recommend anyone to work here. There were days where I would only work 2 hours.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
corporate
Former Employee
Horrible place to work for, they barley train you and then throw you behind the whole work environment. If you make mistakes they will punish you even though you weren't properly trained. Managers are so competitive they will purposely set you up to fail to make themselves look better. Not to mention inventory and stock were always low. They also don't provide water for employees and expect you to work on breaks if your the only one scheduled.
Pros
There was restaurants near by that would give us water
Cons
Will find a way to try to make you quit if your sales are not good
Was not what I signed up for
You break you back for nothing. Never acknowledge your accomplishments but always criticize your mistakes even though it is not often. Communication is more often one sided and you are talked down to rather then treated equally.
Dying business
The overall job was not difficult, however this is a dying business that does not give employees hardly any notice when closing locations. Even supposedly stable locations have a very high turnover rate because they cut employee's hours to the point they can't afford to work there. The stores are constantly emptied out of inventory but still harped on by corporate to bring in profit.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Insurance, low hours, lack of product
Terrible place to work.
The worst place to work there is no collaboration or feeling of support management. The systems are ancient, the stores are embarrassingly empty and employees are treated terribly.
Dont do it to yourself
I went through a lot of changes with this company and watched a lot of turn over. I loved working in what I did, building confidence in a women by getting her into a swimsuit. It was very touching working with some of my customers. The management however is horrible. The owners and they little helpers are located in CA. Being in AZ you are treated as the adopted child that they hide in the basement. The inventory was always fickle. However almost the whole season the inventory in the store was ridiculous. Yet, we were still expected to sale. It was embarrassing
I hated working for the company itself but I loved working in that industry that allows me to help build up other women.
Hard to get days off
Always had scheduling conflicts
-last minute schedules

-sent to work at other stores often

-usually working alone/open til close

-could barely get time off

- had to work 6-8 days straight
It was a good experience for a job. Enjoyed my manager and co workers, very friendly environment.
Just got to far of a drive, I wasn’t getting enough hours. But I did enjoy working the days I worked. It was always a safe comfortable environment. My
Managers and team members were extremely helpful and friendly.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diane's Beachwear. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4