Diane's Beachwear

Diane's Beachwear Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Fun workplace
Employees get along and have fun but the owners and corporate managers are always on your back. Always scared you will be fired due to the unrealistic sales goals. Schedule is flexible and can be dealt with quickly when there are issues. Lots of standing around bored with no comfy standing mats allowed but we must wear beachy shoes and stand all day. Dress code is a pain.
Just no
This is not an organized or professional company. Most operational technology is extremely outdated and doesn't work properly. There is a high pressure put on sales, but the slow foot traffic makes it unrealistic. The owner is never around, but when she is she is rude. You'd be better off at any other small beach store.
Former Employee
Horrible place to work for, they barley train you and then throw you behind the whole work environment. If you make mistakes they will punish you even though you weren't properly trained. Managers are so competitive they will purposely set you up to fail to make themselves look better. Not to mention inventory and stock were always low. They also don't provide water for employees and expect you to work on breaks if your the only one scheduled.
Pros
There was restaurants near by that would give us water
Cons
Will find a way to try to make you quit if your sales are not good
Poor management
CEO/Management does not care about the well being of their employees. They only care about the money they make off of you! The job itself is really fun and enjoyable, but upper management sucks the joy out of the overall job.
Pros
good discounts, good pay
Cons
bad management
Stressful and not worth it
The management micromanages all employees and uses them in their benefit. Not allowing employees below them to succeed. Its hard to sell things because management steals sales from sales associates.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
a horrible place to work
could only wear certain colors to work
had to get doctors note to wear comfortable shoes

manager steal commission

couldn't leave the section of the store to help your customer, so then loses the customer to another sale associate
Pros
20% off bath suits with $125 spend limit
Cons
no benefits, hard to make commission, poor management
Nice environment
It was a nice place to work. Every one working there is helpful to new girls but it does get competitive with commission. Some people can handle it and some can not. It ultimately depends on the person.
Pros
nice discount
Cons
its sometimes difficult to work with all women
Fun work place
Very relaxed work place. Worked closely with customers to develop a relationship with them. Learned a lot about customer service and sales. Fun work place. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Diane's Beachwear?
Fun and Bubbly environment
A typical day at work included me helping customers to find the products they were in need of. I learned my passion for wanting to help people, however more so in an academic environment.
Fun Positive vibe
typical day of work would be me being a door greater, assisting customers. restocking, inventory count. ringing in customers with purchases.
Pros
seeing all the new merchandise
Cons
seasonal
Impossible sales quotas and unfriendly management.
The management sets unrealistic goals and gets upset when they are not met. There is miscommunication between the management, making work life almost unbearable. The breaks given are not long enough for the work done. Clean up before and after shifts adds an extra two hours to your day, meaning sometimes you don't get off work until one in the morning if you are closing.
Pros
location of the store
Cons
short breaks, unrealistic sales goals, mean managers who steal your sales
Productive and experienced an amazing work environment
Provide world class customer service by building partnerships with management, coworkers, and manufacturers. Identify emerging trends, offer viable professional solutions to improve marketing opportunities of the sales team. Ensure daily readiness of sales floor. Execution of on- site promotional activities. Merchandising and proper storage of additional inventory. Cash controls following corporate policy. Additional duties/ responsibilities to meet business demands. Public imagine of the company and the driving force in generating revenue.
Awesome!
I started working for Diane's for 6 months. I loved working there! Its a job only for women. Since we sell bathing suits for women, its more comfortable for women to be assisting our female guests. The managers are extremely nice and so are the customers. We usually work on clientele; that is extremely important. The pay is awesome and don't forget commission is included! The only thing that sucks about it, is that during the summer it gets really slow and diane's can't afford to keep sales associates. So there is a possibility you can get laid off, but the managers always want you back during season.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diane's Beachwear. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4