DiBella's Employee Reviews

Poor management
Catering Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  CTOctober 18, 2018
This job sucks you have to drive your own car you get gas but it basically covers your delivery’s that you did for the day so expect to be spending over 100 dollars in gas a week. People don’t always tip. You could have 1000 dollar order and get 10 dollars that goes into your paycheck so basically your getting about 5 dollars of that. Just don’t waste your time
Pros
Free lunch
Fast Paced with fun employees
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHOctober 4, 2018
The job is very easy and customers are mostly friendly . I worked at Dibella's Subs for 2 years and I am not satisfied with the salary. There is not much room for advancement. There were a few good managers.
Pros
Discounts on subs
Cons
Not much room for advancement and low pay wage
Pretty bad
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHSeptember 30, 2018
Working here at first was decent but since I left the place it is horribly understaffed, if you call off you get fired and they don’t hire anyone. Certain managers were cool but most were lazy and rude, would just sit in the back and claim to be doing paper work for 4 hours or just be completely rude towards you. Nobody listens to you, when you request off more than likely they’ll still schedule you on the day you wanted off and when you put your 2 weeks in they’ll still have you on the schedule way past your last day and still try to get you in trouble for not showing up. A ton of the employees do not even know what they are doing so they get in the way during rushes and a couple of them try to boss others around, they don’t get trained anymore you just have to learn on your own how to get things done.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
Great First Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 28, 2018
Honestly this job was great. It was so relaxed and I was able to leave early a lot because not a lot of people showed up, giving more time to complete tasks. I actually recommended this job to a friend because, especially for a first job, it was really good. Didn't have to stay late and had very flexible hours. Definitely recommend. Management could have been better but considering its a minimum wage job that's to be expected.
Pros
Discount food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 23, 2018
Dibellas was good until the end when the district managers harassed my general manager they were very inappropriate with how they treated her and acted in front of the whole store
Great Place for a first Job
Crew Member/Cook (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 8, 2018
I usually come in at about 8:00 a.m to get my day started. By prepping food .That is put out with a list of the meats, and vegetables that need to be prepped for that day.
Pros
50% off on the days you work
Cons
You only get a break where the managers see fit
Good working enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 15, 2018
Overall fun fast paced working environment, around good coworkers.wonderful atmosphere and good job etiquette by higher staff. Even though slot of times my check wasn't on time I must say that the atmosphere was good.
Pros
Dicounts for lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Unorganized & Lack of advancement
Sandwich maker/cashier/prepper/Closer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 8, 2018
It was a great place to work in the beginning, but once they started changing General Managers around it was to unorganized and there was no advancement all because I didn't have a car. I worked harder then most and it did't seem to matter to any party involved. They really seemed to pick favorites at the end before I left. I would never recommend working here
Cons
short- to no breaks, unorganized, little to no advancement
horrible place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 31, 2018
I got hired to be a shift supervisor when they first opened. they had me doing everything that shift supervisors do but kept giving me the run around about my raise. they end up firing me after the business slowed down and wouldn't give me unemployment. they don't offer anything good.
Great place
Sub Maker/ Grill Attendant (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 27, 2018
Awesome place to work. I would recommend it to any high school seniors and college freshmen . The management team are one of the best in the area and the food is great
poorly managed work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHJuly 23, 2018
poorly managed, unprofessional most of the time, the bread was stale, very little hours, either over staffed or under staffed, no room for advancement
Pros
discounted food
Cons
everything
Low volume sales makes a lot of time for team building
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2018
I was a General Manager in Indiana for 2 years. Dibellas is a good company to work for. If you have pre existing issues with old management most of them are gone. New district manager and new director of operations has made it much better. Wish I could have stayed longer! Low wage for AM makes it hard to find anyone that can have the GMs back when there gone.
Pros
Great schedules. Weekly pay
Cons
Not many, low wage for positions causes low potential managers
Bad work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 10, 2018
Bad management, bad food, bad customer service. A lot of the employees would go around back whe no customers were in and smoke pot if they had some and it made the place smell horrible
Cons
Fast paced, fun, as well as relaxing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2018
Working at Dibella's was; for the most part, pretty fun. The job required being able to think on your feet, and move quickly during business hours, and the crew was generally a lot of fun to be around. I had good, approachable managers that helped encourage the crew and kept us busy throughout the day. If I had more of an opportunity to earn a raise and move up I would still be there. It was good for an intermediate job experience.
Pros
Fun crew and atmosphere, discounted food, a variety of things to do and to learn
Cons
A couple frustrating managers at one point, the store closes early and not many chances for a raise
Good working environment
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMay 29, 2018
Had a wonderful time working at Dibellas, and enjoyed the customers. Never had a problem with not finding work to do, because the store is constantly packed. Management worked well with the employees, so everything worked out smoothly.
Great place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 28, 2018
Wallingford management was great! Fun and friendly! If you are a hard worker with a good attitude you wouldn’t have a problem!! You get what you give in any job!
Pros
Great food
Fast-paced
crew member (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 22, 2018
It was a good job if you like working with food in a fast paced environment. The managers were nice and professional but it just wasn't the job for me.
Productive and time consuming
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMay 16, 2018
Fast-paced and very high volume
Focus on subs with a variety of meats cheeses, condiments, cookies, salads

Offers online catering and phone in orders.
Pros
easy job, focus on subs, meats, cheeses
Cons
multi sub ordrs to be made, phone in orders, online orders
Fun place
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 14, 2018
It was a very fun place to work. The managers are laid back and they give plenty of opportunity for advancement. They care about their jobs so you learn quickly but they let you do your thing when working.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Cleaning sucks
Management was a bully
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 13, 2018
There is a difference between taking and bullying when you do something wrong, as a crew memeber, you are not talked to, you are bullied. Several people since January (2018) have quit due to bullying. Our District Manager congratulated our Assistant Manager on bullying a girl into quiting.
As a General Manager you should be doing more than watching the computer screen change while your crew is out on line either getting slammed or doing nothing.
Pros
Discounts, some good management
Cons
No leadership, bully managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DiBella's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight