DiBella's Employee Reviews

depends
Server (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIMay 12, 2019
it all about who you know not what you know about this company they say. it all about the subs but nothing but drama here no good comes out of working here
It’s a joke
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 1, 2019
No I’m not someone who’s mad at something someone else did . It’s just sad how a company will bring you in , promise all kinds of accolades and then give you 10 hours a week . I was told after 4 weeks I’ll be a shift manager . I worked hard busted my butt for those weeks ( that’s how i regularly work) then i had a small car accident . I’m fine I’m thinking I’ll be able to get right once the pay raise happens .... then boom they say i cany he manager without a car .....
Pros
Sandwich discount
Cons
Everything else
dibella
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2019
working for dibella is ok , but there is no advancement working for the company. I will say that this has been a learning experience & it has giving me a little bit of working experience.
Wish it was better.
General employee/Sub maker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2019
My personal experience working there was an issue concerning a certain member of management more so than the other employees. I do however like the brand, the people, and the products. i mean, theyre god subs. I just had a bad experience with some of the management, and i hope it has since been resolved.
It wasn't the worst place I've worked
Crew Member/Head Weekend Caterer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 15, 2019
It gets super hectic, but the managers and other workers are chill enough that it makes it worth it at the end of the day.
Also, I worked catering 1/2 of the week and that was definitely the much more enjoyable half. Try to do catering if at all possible!!
solid job with great opportunities
Shift Supervisor/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 3, 2019
The best part of the day is prepping time. The team is fun and gets along well. The environment is fast-paced, but it helps the day go by fast. I would highly recommend working at DiBella's if you are looking to work in food service. Their schedules are flexible, so it would make a great job for a student or part-time worker.
fun
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 17, 2018
some days are very busy but overall the best place to wok for your first job and an good place thats somewhat and good job to work at the employees are great to work with
Pros
discounts
Worst job
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYDecember 8, 2018
The managers at dibellas have no respect their favoritism allows uncomfortable working atmospheres they have no understanding of emergency situations outside your job I’ve seen them serve food that has fallen in garbages and on the floor also the pay isn’t worth the labor
Pros
50 percent off food
Nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NY 14225December 6, 2018
It was my first job so i learned a lot when I was there for example cleaning sub making how to count money.
Management was poor
Workplace was fun for my first job
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
It’s a company that doesn’t have their stuff together
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 1, 2018
It’s an easy job! I loved it at first. But then you realize that every other fast casual restaurant pays more for their assistants and GMs. There’s no bonuses for assistants either. It’s an flexible job if you’re going to school but as far as a career with this company - don’t hold your breath.
Pros
Decent schedules, discounts
Cons
No breaks, stressful, short staffed, no benefits, no bonuses.
Poor management
Catering Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  CTOctober 18, 2018
This job sucks you have to drive your own car you get gas but it basically covers your delivery’s that you did for the day so expect to be spending over 100 dollars in gas a week. People don’t always tip. You could have 1000 dollar order and get 10 dollars that goes into your paycheck so basically your getting about 5 dollars of that. Just don’t waste your time
Pros
Free lunch
Fast Paced with fun employees
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHOctober 4, 2018
The job is very easy and customers are mostly friendly . I worked at Dibella's Subs for 2 years and I am not satisfied with the salary. There is not much room for advancement. There were a few good managers.
Pros
Discounts on subs
Cons
Not much room for advancement and low pay wage
Productive place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 1, 2018
Dibellas was a nice place to work great customer and staff but the hours were too low and there was really no chance for advancement the management was good but lack initiative to motivate their workers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Horrible hours to make actually make money
Great First Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 28, 2018
Honestly this job was great. It was so relaxed and I was able to leave early a lot because not a lot of people showed up, giving more time to complete tasks. I actually recommended this job to a friend because, especially for a first job, it was really good. Didn't have to stay late and had very flexible hours. Definitely recommend. Management could have been better but considering its a minimum wage job that's to be expected.
Pros
Discount food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 23, 2018
Dibellas was good until the end when the district managers harassed my general manager they were very inappropriate with how they treated her and acted in front of the whole store
Great Place for a first Job
Crew Member/Cook (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 8, 2018
I usually come in at about 8:00 a.m to get my day started. By prepping food .That is put out with a list of the meats, and vegetables that need to be prepped for that day.
Pros
50% off on the days you work
Cons
You only get a break where the managers see fit
Good working enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 15, 2018
Overall fun fast paced working environment, around good coworkers.wonderful atmosphere and good job etiquette by higher staff. Even though slot of times my check wasn't on time I must say that the atmosphere was good.
Pros
Dicounts for lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Unorganized & Lack of advancement
Sandwich maker/cashier/prepper/Closer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 8, 2018
It was a great place to work in the beginning, but once they started changing General Managers around it was to unorganized and there was no advancement all because I didn't have a car. I worked harder then most and it did't seem to matter to any party involved. They really seemed to pick favorites at the end before I left. I would never recommend working here
Cons
short- to no breaks, unorganized, little to no advancement
horrible place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 31, 2018
I got hired to be a shift supervisor when they first opened. they had me doing everything that shift supervisors do but kept giving me the run around about my raise. they end up firing me after the business slowed down and wouldn't give me unemployment. they don't offer anything good.
Great place
Sub Maker/ Grill Attendant (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 27, 2018
Awesome place to work. I would recommend it to any high school seniors and college freshmen . The management team are one of the best in the area and the food is great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DiBella's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight