DiBella's Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 10, 2018
Bad management, bad food, bad customer service. A lot of the employees would go around back whe no customers were in and smoke pot if they had some and it made the place smell horrible
Good working environment
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMay 29, 2018
Had a wonderful time working at Dibellas, and enjoyed the customers. Never had a problem with not finding work to do, because the store is constantly packed. Management worked well with the employees, so everything worked out smoothly.
Great place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 28, 2018
Wallingford management was great! Fun and friendly! If you are a hard worker with a good attitude you wouldn’t have a problem!! You get what you give in any job!
Pros
Great food
Fast-paced
crew member (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 22, 2018
It was a good job if you like working with food in a fast paced environment. The managers were nice and professional but it just wasn't the job for me.
Productive and time consuming
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMay 16, 2018
Fast-paced and very high volume
Focus on subs with a variety of meats cheeses, condiments, cookies, salads

Offers online catering and phone in orders.
Pros
easy job, focus on subs, meats, cheeses
Cons
multi sub ordrs to be made, phone in orders, online orders
Fun place
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 14, 2018
It was a very fun place to work. The managers are laid back and they give plenty of opportunity for advancement. They care about their jobs so you learn quickly but they let you do your thing when working.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Cleaning sucks
Management was a bully
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 13, 2018
There is a difference between taking and bullying when you do something wrong, as a crew memeber, you are not talked to, you are bullied. Several people since January (2018) have quit due to bullying. Our District Manager congratulated our Assistant Manager on bullying a girl into quiting.
As a General Manager you should be doing more than watching the computer screen change while your crew is out on line either getting slammed or doing nothing.
Pros
Discounts, some good management
Cons
No leadership, bully managers.
It was a good first job to have. I learned many things in my time there
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHMay 11, 2018
Work is easy once you get to know the menu. Some days can be slow and others are fast depending on the time of day as well. Management was less than desirable, the manager would take out personal problems on co-workers and would make inappropriate jokes. He would occasionally come into work drunk while off the clock, disrupting customers.
Great
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 6, 2018
DiBella's has done right by me, great quality of life and plenty of opportunity for advancement. There is a lot of disconnect from upper mgmt. due to turnover. However ease of operations is 100%, culture is for the most part great, and the people are great to work with. Pay is below average for the positions, however if things are going good the schedule is great, usually no night shifts or weekends. Training program is minimal and a lot of systems are outdated which causes issues. For the most part it's a good place to work for. Crew turnover tends to be high due to lower than average wages, but for the most part isn't a problem.
Pros
Great GM schedule, free meals for mgmt.
Cons
No training material, outdated systems
fun but busy work place
Cashier and Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 4, 2018
i loved working there, its like working with family. We all motivate each other to do better even when we are slacking a little. management was laid back but stern but always talked to all of us respectfully.
Pros
safe and motivation environment
Cons
no benifits
productive
Baker Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2018
Was a great place to work all have the right management was a big problem i was able to utilize skills I have are far a baking and learn more hours were good
Terrible management, not enough hours
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMarch 20, 2018
The managers were always sitting in the office and taking breaks whenever they wanted. They made you do pointless work just to keep busy if there were no customers. Does not give more than 15 hours a week and scheduling was terrible.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  USMarch 12, 2018
The food is very good and very consistent. The upper management is engaging and genuinely cares about the people. I would recommend this company for a career.
Poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYMarch 5, 2018
Manager made inappropriate comments and talked about certain parts of his life that were not for the workplace. Made fun of customers behind the counter. Did not agree with managers morals and the employees morals at this location.
Lack of hours
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 4, 2018
Overall Dibella's is a good company. I never ate here untill i start working here and i never visit. I barely get any hours. Im on the sceduel on day this week and last week i got 3 4hour shift. The discounts kinda unfair because managers get to eat for free while crew member get only 50% off shift only. Mangers out very nice. Its a simple job just slow paced environment and not enough hours
Pros
Good managers. Discount
Cons
Slow paced. Not enough hours
OK place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 2, 2018
Every store is different. Enjoy the store I am in. Have fun but also know when to work. Boss is nice. Tries to be reasonable when able. Pay is not competitive.
Cons
Pay is not competitive at all
fast pace, terrible customer service, horrible management
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Bingham, MIFebruary 28, 2018
A normal day at DiBellas consists of constant arguing and attitudes between employees and managers. There was a lot of gossiping among the employees and indecent behavior from management. I've heard managers threatening employees, firing them for reasons unnecessary, there were even times where one of the managers would tell an employee to "Meet them outside". DiBellas is a workplace full of chaos and drama, and I did not get paid enough to put up with it. The hours were fine, and the pay was great. I just learned to keep your business to yourself, do your job, and go home. I did love the customers, though. I'd always receive compliments and tips just about everyday. I believe working at DiBellas wouldn't have been so bad had we had structure and discipline.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
The managers got to pick and choose when you could use them
Productive Place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 28, 2018
I love working at dibellas it's a good place to work . I had very great managers . It was just the lack of hours that I really needed at the time but besides that i love to work for them and I would do it again .
All the mangers are rude
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Everyone talks behind everyone’s backs INCLUDING managers, even if your new they will laugh behind your back instead of telling you what you’ve done wrong and helping you correct it. You can’t leave the line to use the restroom, and discounts are only 50% off. Just very unprofessional place of work so strongly consider it. They don’t let you hit overtime and will literally make you clock out when your about to.
Pros
The money is ok
Cons
Short breaks & the management sucks.
Great place to work. Easy going. Everyone gets along.
Crew Member/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Working at Dibella’s is great, for the most part. Since everyone at my location was so close, sometimes drama did take place. I recommend just keeping to yourself, that’s the only way to not get sucked into anything, however if you’re fine with a little sibling like rivalry, then you should be okay.
Pros
Free pickles. Depending on how cool you are with the managers, you can get free nuggets (small side of a small sub). Awesome discount.
Cons
Sucky hours. I got around 5-12. Drama. Not profesional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DiBella's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight