DiBella's Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Poor pay and bad management
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2019
When I interviewed to DiBella’s I stressed I needed full time hours because they only offered me minimum wage and that just wasn’t livable. They bumped me up 50 cents but still only schedule me part time while paying me in pennies basically. I work SO hard during the lunch rush (which is the only time I’m needed) only to get paid $20 overall for my effort. At my location, all the managers and most of the staff are related so nepotism prevents anyone else from getting paid fairly or advancing. I applied for 1 position and was thrown into another because they thought they had enough people for the position I applied for....which they neglected to mention AFTER I had already been hired. I genuinely need my job so I’ll stick it out for as long as possible but I don’t foresee myself staying at this location. Unfortunately I’ve had to ask other stores if they needed any extra coverage because mine only schedules me for the rush. Also learned I’m the lowest paid employee. They started everyone off literally $4 more than me. You’re not supposed to talk about salaries with coworkers because management doesn’t want people to find out they’re not being paid fairly. I have 5+ years of restaurant experience and they started me .50 cents above minimum wage. They promised me full time hours and overtime but haven’t followed through. Hopefully it’s just my location that sucks because as soon as the restaurant closer to my house starts hiring I’m going to try to get in there. Also I don’t get free lunch so I’m really jealous of anyone who says their store provides them with a free lunch. I  more... faked my location so my store wouldn’t see this.  less
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Every single thing about it.
I love working there
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2019
Was a great place to work the only reason I left was because of family issues great managers good team they are flexible with u and just overall good people and company to work at
It’s a joke
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 1, 2019
No I’m not someone who’s mad at something someone else did . It’s just sad how a company will bring you in , promise all kinds of accolades and then give you 10 hours a week . I was told after 4 weeks I’ll be a shift manager . I worked hard busted my butt for those weeks ( that’s how i regularly work) then i had a small car accident . I’m fine I’m thinking I’ll be able to get right once the pay raise happens .... then boom they say i cany he manager without a car .....
Pros
Sandwich discount
Cons
Everything else
fun
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 17, 2018
some days are very busy but overall the best place to wok for your first job and an good place thats somewhat and good job to work at the employees are great to work with
Pros
discounts
Fast Paced with fun employees
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHOctober 4, 2018
The job is very easy and customers are mostly friendly . I worked at Dibella's Subs for 2 years and I am not satisfied with the salary. There is not much room for advancement. There were a few good managers.
Pros
Discounts on subs
Cons
Not much room for advancement and low pay wage
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 23, 2018
Dibellas was good until the end when the district managers harassed my general manager they were very inappropriate with how they treated her and acted in front of the whole store
Great Place for a first Job
Crew Member/Cook (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 8, 2018
I usually come in at about 8:00 a.m to get my day started. By prepping food .That is put out with a list of the meats, and vegetables that need to be prepped for that day.
Pros
50% off on the days you work
Cons
You only get a break where the managers see fit
poorly managed work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHJuly 23, 2018
poorly managed, unprofessional most of the time, the bread was stale, very little hours, either over staffed or under staffed, no room for advancement
Pros
discounted food
Cons
everything
Bad work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 10, 2018
Bad management, bad food, bad customer service. A lot of the employees would go around back whe no customers were in and smoke pot if they had some and it made the place smell horrible
Cons
Fast paced, fun, as well as relaxing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2018
Working at Dibella's was; for the most part, pretty fun. The job required being able to think on your feet, and move quickly during business hours, and the crew was generally a lot of fun to be around. I had good, approachable managers that helped encourage the crew and kept us busy throughout the day. If I had more of an opportunity to earn a raise and move up I would still be there. It was good for an intermediate job experience.
Pros
Fun crew and atmosphere, discounted food, a variety of things to do and to learn
Cons
A couple frustrating managers at one point, the store closes early and not many chances for a raise
Great place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 28, 2018
Wallingford management was great! Fun and friendly! If you are a hard worker with a good attitude you wouldn’t have a problem!! You get what you give in any job!
Pros
Great food
It was a good first job to have. I learned many things in my time there
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHMay 11, 2018
Work is easy once you get to know the menu. Some days can be slow and others are fast depending on the time of day as well. Management was less than desirable, the manager would take out personal problems on co-workers and would make inappropriate jokes. He would occasionally come into work drunk while off the clock, disrupting customers.
Lack of hours
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 4, 2018
Overall Dibella's is a good company. I never ate here untill i start working here and i never visit. I barely get any hours. Im on the sceduel on day this week and last week i got 3 4hour shift. The discounts kinda unfair because managers get to eat for free while crew member get only 50% off shift only. Mangers out very nice. Its a simple job just slow paced environment and not enough hours
Pros
Good managers. Discount
Cons
Slow paced. Not enough hours
Productive Place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 28, 2018
I love working at dibellas it's a good place to work . I had very great managers . It was just the lack of hours that I really needed at the time but besides that i love to work for them and I would do it again .
Fun clean place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bevercreek, OhioFebruary 20, 2018
Fun clean place to work. Hardest part of the job was accurately making food. The most enjoyable was the people. Management was professional and nice. Very clean.
N/a
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 19, 2018
It was a fun and relaxed work place the manager was very rude , but the other crew members were very respectful fun and great to work with , the customers we’re usually daily customers and we’re great to serve on a daily basis
typical day
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 23, 2018
There was no improvement for growth. The head manager was really rude and showed no interest in the employees. I barely received hours when i was working there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no growth opportunities
Work Productive, Hours
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 7, 2017
I liked working here it was my first job which I’m very greatful for. It’s just the hours I worked I wanted to work more. I’m willing to work, especially with customers.
Pros
Discounts, Coworkers
Cons
Manager, Hours
Slow
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHNovember 25, 2017
I worked about 3 hours a week due to me still being in high school. Management did not listen and was often in the back instead of training or helping customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 13, 2017
Dibelas is a fun, quick paced job, you will encounter many types of people. Working there you get to practice good customer service. You meet new people and get to learn a different style.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DiBella's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight