DiBella's Pay & Benefits reviews: Crew Member

Horrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 21, 2019
Job offer says $10 and during interview offers $9.50 for a multi million dollar company, who will only give you 38-39 hours a week so they don’t give the employees benefits...

Promises advancement through management , and they get your hopes up.. high school job
Poor pay and bad management
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2019
When I interviewed to DiBella’s I stressed I needed full time hours because they only offered me minimum wage and that just wasn’t livable. They bumped me up 50 cents but still only schedule me part time while paying me in pennies basically. I work SO hard during the lunch rush (which is the only time I’m needed) only to get paid $20 overall for my effort. At my location, all the managers and most of the staff are related so nepotism prevents anyone else from getting paid fairly or advancing. I applied for 1 position and was thrown into another because they thought they had enough people for the position I applied for....which they neglected to mention AFTER I had already been hired. I genuinely need my job so I’ll stick it out for as long as possible but I don’t foresee myself staying at this location. Unfortunately I’ve had to ask other stores if they needed any extra coverage because mine only schedules me for the rush. Also learned I’m the lowest paid employee. They started everyone off literally $4 more than me. You’re not supposed to talk about salaries with coworkers because management doesn’t want people to find out they’re not being paid fairly. I have 5+ years of restaurant experience and they started me .50 cents above minimum wage. They promised me full time hours and overtime but haven’t followed through. Hopefully it’s just my location that sucks because as soon as the restaurant closer to my house starts hiring I’m going to try to get in there. Also I don’t get free lunch so I’m really jealous of anyone who says their store provides them with a free lunch. I  more... faked my location so my store wouldn’t see this.  less
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Every single thing about it.
It’s a joke
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 1, 2019
No I’m not someone who’s mad at something someone else did . It’s just sad how a company will bring you in , promise all kinds of accolades and then give you 10 hours a week . I was told after 4 weeks I’ll be a shift manager . I worked hard busted my butt for those weeks ( that’s how i regularly work) then i had a small car accident . I’m fine I’m thinking I’ll be able to get right once the pay raise happens .... then boom they say i cany he manager without a car .....
Pros
Sandwich discount
Cons
Everything else
Fast Paced with fun employees
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHOctober 4, 2018
The job is very easy and customers are mostly friendly . I worked at Dibella's Subs for 2 years and I am not satisfied with the salary. There is not much room for advancement. There were a few good managers.
Pros
Discounts on subs
Cons
Not much room for advancement and low pay wage
poorly managed work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHJuly 23, 2018
poorly managed, unprofessional most of the time, the bread was stale, very little hours, either over staffed or under staffed, no room for advancement
Pros
discounted food
Cons
everything
Fast paced, fun, as well as relaxing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2018
Working at Dibella's was; for the most part, pretty fun. The job required being able to think on your feet, and move quickly during business hours, and the crew was generally a lot of fun to be around. I had good, approachable managers that helped encourage the crew and kept us busy throughout the day. If I had more of an opportunity to earn a raise and move up I would still be there. It was good for an intermediate job experience.
Pros
Fun crew and atmosphere, discounted food, a variety of things to do and to learn
Cons
A couple frustrating managers at one point, the store closes early and not many chances for a raise
Work Productive, Hours
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 7, 2017
I liked working here it was my first job which I’m very greatful for. It’s just the hours I worked I wanted to work more. I’m willing to work, especially with customers.
Pros
Discounts, Coworkers
Cons
Manager, Hours
Relaxed job and task were not bad at all and job was very fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2017
Dibellas subs is a very relaxed and peaceful I would recommend this job for anyone that is searching also the jobs hours are very flexible so you can rely on this job for getting hours.
poor
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 13, 2017
barely got any hours and when i asked for more i got ignored. the managers were nice but werent serious about their work. the GM is lovely. the discounts wete barely discounts. a manager could get a free meal while a crew member could only get 1/2 for a small sub only. load of bs
Horrible Place to work!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHFebruary 23, 2016
This is a great example of a company that truly does not care about its employees at all. There is little to no opportunity for advancement and raises are pathetic and do not reflect performance. Managers have unreasonable expectations for employees and do little to help employees. Managers are constantly standing around on their phones doing nothing. Most employees there last less than a few weeks. They have an extremely high turnover rate due to the way their employees are treated. The scheduling at Dibellas is whack! One week you may have close to 40 hours (They never let anyone go on overtime!) and the next you might have 15. I dreaded going to work here everyday.
Pros
meal discount, no late nights or holidays, very clean restaurant
Cons
management, wages, hours, management, no benefits, did i mention management?
Great family atmosphere based restaurant
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHOctober 25, 2013
Busy days and fast paced. Unlimited opportunity for advancement within the company. Co-Workers were very upbeat and friendly. Excellent customer service qualities needed to work. Management was very open and helpful.
Pros
Flexible schedules, fun work environment
Cons
wages, benefits