DiBella's Employee Reviews

fast pace, terrible customer service, horrible management
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Bingham, MIFebruary 28, 2018
A normal day at DiBellas consists of constant arguing and attitudes between employees and managers. There was a lot of gossiping among the employees and indecent behavior from management. I've heard managers threatening employees, firing them for reasons unnecessary, there were even times where one of the managers would tell an employee to "Meet them outside". DiBellas is a workplace full of chaos and drama, and I did not get paid enough to put up with it. The hours were fine, and the pay was great. I just learned to keep your business to yourself, do your job, and go home. I did love the customers, though. I'd always receive compliments and tips just about everyday. I believe working at DiBellas wouldn't have been so bad had we had structure and discipline.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
The managers got to pick and choose when you could use them
Productive Place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 28, 2018
I love working at dibellas it's a good place to work . I had very great managers . It was just the lack of hours that I really needed at the time but besides that i love to work for them and I would do it again .
All the mangers are rude
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Everyone talks behind everyone’s backs INCLUDING managers, even if your new they will laugh behind your back instead of telling you what you’ve done wrong and helping you correct it. You can’t leave the line to use the restroom, and discounts are only 50% off. Just very unprofessional place of work so strongly consider it. They don’t let you hit overtime and will literally make you clock out when your about to.
Pros
The money is ok
Cons
Short breaks & the management sucks.
Great place to work. Easy going. Everyone gets along.
Crew Member/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Working at Dibella’s is great, for the most part. Since everyone at my location was so close, sometimes drama did take place. I recommend just keeping to yourself, that’s the only way to not get sucked into anything, however if you’re fine with a little sibling like rivalry, then you should be okay.
Pros
Free pickles. Depending on how cool you are with the managers, you can get free nuggets (small side of a small sub). Awesome discount.
Cons
Sucky hours. I got around 5-12. Drama. Not profesional.
a productive place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTFebruary 21, 2018
its a productive and fun place to work. The staff are nice towards new members. its a hard working and very clean environment to work in. and are always open to crew members
Pros
good food
Cons
short breaks
Fun clean place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bevercreek, OhioFebruary 20, 2018
Fun clean place to work. Hardest part of the job was accurately making food. The most enjoyable was the people. Management was professional and nice. Very clean.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTFebruary 19, 2018
It was a nice place to work.
Work environment was good.
Boss was fair.
They tried to work with people that have children, that are in school. The restaurant was always clean and keep up by us employees . Everyone worked as a team.
N/a
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 19, 2018
It was a fun and relaxed work place the manager was very rude , but the other crew members were very respectful fun and great to work with , the customers we’re usually daily customers and we’re great to serve on a daily basis
Horrible
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2018
Started working for Dibellas and worked my way up to a trainer within 6 months. Was one of main prep/ lunch rush workers. After 2 years of working in said place i went up to 9.60. My last raise being .10 cents.
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 8, 2018
i love the people there I dont know if theyre still working there but they were a great bunch of people. I loved the customers as well, we would see the same people alot of the time and that makes for a good business
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
Very boring
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 7, 2018
coworkers were great, hours were always available. you get discounts on food. It was always slow. Closing the lobby always sucked. however there were always hours and it was a pretty lenient place to work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Slow
No respect
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 31, 2018
Management only care about their self. No matter how hard you work, how many shifts you take, it doesn't matter because your no one to them. They dont pay enough to the shift leads who do a lot.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Manger is no good
Looking for a better paying job that offers overtime and benefits.
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 29, 2018
Been there 6 years working hard. Need better paying job with overtime and benefits. It's busy. We also do catering. I am always to my job early and enjoy working with the customers.
typical day
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 23, 2018
There was no improvement for growth. The head manager was really rude and showed no interest in the employees. I barely received hours when i was working there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no growth opportunities
stressful
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 13, 2018
Change in upper corporate management has made Dibella's a difficult work environment. staff is generally young and not willing to learn. 3rd busiest store in the company makes for a very high pace work environment.
Horrible place to work!!!!
catering coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJanuary 11, 2018
I worked as a catering coordinator, in cleveland and it was horrible the catering sales manager was very rude and disrespectful no type of communication training was horrible as well i would not recommend anyone to work for the company at all. and whats so funny is that they cannot keep and hiring as we speak.
Pros
Cons
everything
easy and fun place to work
Sub maker (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 11, 2018
it was one of the easiest places i have ever worked at. but had to many employees could never get more then 6 hours unless someone called in or left early.
Pros
half off on anything they sold
Cons
pay
ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 4, 2018
a typical day at work , i learned the job is for teens still in high school . management is ok , workplace cultre fine the hardest part was working for the lowest pay the most enjoyable part is the sandwhiches
Pros
discount on food
Cons
no breaks
Work Productive, Hours
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 7, 2017
I liked working here it was my first job which I’m very greatful for. It’s just the hours I worked I wanted to work more. I’m willing to work, especially with customers.
Pros
Discounts, Coworkers
Cons
Manager, Hours
Worse job to ever work at
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 27, 2017
Never work here ... a lot of favoritism takes place. I would never recommend anyone work here. The discounts are bs the management is TERRIBLE . Worse job ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DiBella's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight