Play YouTube video button

Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Found 5,320 reviews matching the search See all 5,337 reviews
Featured review
Dick's Sporting Goods selected this as a representative review
Productive and fun place, friendly management
Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 11, 2019
Loved the environment the second I became an employee at Dicks Sporting Goods. The management was goal driven, very enthusiastic as well as being super flexible with hours. Busy environment to say the least, but the other associates as well as the management made it a fun, interactive, exciting job.
Pros
Hour lunches, Discounts
Do all the work, get in trouble and be confused half the time
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 24, 2019
I worked at the Glendale Galleria location for about a year and what I can say is that that job is complete BS. Mind you the assistant managers were kind a cool the employees were cool it’s just how the store is ran AND store manager. Store manager was known to down talk employees and I didn’t believe it until it happened.
Great people to work with but poor schedule coordinating and communication
Apparel sales associate (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 24, 2019
The staff works as a team for the most part and are extremely hard working (with exception of a few employees, but what workplace doesn't have those). The main problem is how severely understaffed the store is and the communication between department leeds and store managers is a bit on the low side. Regardless, I did get the opportunity to perfect my customer service skills and develope experience as a cashier on top of my apparel sales position.
Pros
benefits for full-time employees and opportunities to grow in the company
Cons
short staffed, extremely late nights for closers (12-1 am on some occasions), intense holiday hours but that's retail
Very productive a great place to work
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 22, 2019
At the warehouse we could enjoy ourselves as humans like listening to music on portable speaker talk to fellow associates and get the job done. You can learn so much in other departments plus meet new people.
Pros
Payed holidays some holiday lunches plus bonuses
Cons
Long hours promotions are rare
Could be great
Lodge Associate (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJune 21, 2019
Horrible culture top to bottom. They want to push treating every customer great yet do not give employees tools to do so. Good pay compared to most retail stores. But the company just is flat out horrible. Ive spent 8 years in 3 different locations and the management is just flat out horrible.
Very difficult company.
Bike Technician Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 21, 2019
Raises are normally 60 cents yearly. And 60 cents is the most I’ve ever seen also. Want you to do a lot for a little. Very poor leadership in the company from the top down.
Pros
None.
Cons
Only allow 15-30 minute breaks. No leadership.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 21, 2019
Dicks is a great company to work for, all the team mates get along and help each other out with anything. The managers are great. Have fun at work!!!!
Poorly treated employees
Apparel Associate/ Footwear Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2019
The company pays too little and asks for too much of their employees. They stress on them hard and while never giving them enough credit for juggling customers and daily tasks.
dont do it
Pro Shop Employee (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 20, 2019
I worked less than 12 hours a week. They hired a bunch of new people and they got most of the hours. Previous to this, I was working about 38 hours per week. They were also hired at a higher hourly rate than those of us that worked there for over 2 years. The higher pay rate happened because the then store manager hired a bunch of her friends from her other career before working for Dicks. But the hours thing was because Dicks is a horrible place to work for. Upper management decided that everyone should be part time except management and they should ALL get no more than 12 hours a week. Cant pay the bills with this type of mentality going on. Dicks sporting goods is the worst place I have ever worked in all my 35 years working.
Employees are not treated as employees.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2019
The focus of the company has to shift a little. Employees must feel wanted and cared for. The company lacks consistency and the pay is terrible. In the beginning, all is well and then once new employees settle in, they are able up experience what current employees are experiencing.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 19, 2019
It was a great opportunity to work for their company. They were very well organized and good about working with your schedule. I have no complaints about the job in any way.
Stressful and demanding work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Prosper, TXJune 19, 2019
my direct manager was great, however the store manager created a great deal of unneeded stress, always riding somebody. most Associates work well together and support one another. most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and helping the customers, and building relationship by providing exceptional service.
Pros
not too many
Cons
everyone is classified as a temp so hard to get enough hours. poor pay
Everyone can be Replaced
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 18, 2019
I worked for Dick's Sporting Goods for less than 6 Months when I was promoted to a supervisor position. The position is great for a person that does not have children and can work any shift.
During my employment in a supervisor position, I was made to feel my family was less important than my co-workers. I eventually started looking for a better job; better pay, better benefits, better hours.
This job is great for individuals looking for supplemental income and college students. Not recommended for a parent.
Part-time
Team Sports Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 18, 2019
This position was like any other retail position. Lots of work at minimum wage but it was nice to be around sports if you are into athletics. The manager treated people as statistics as opposed to people.
No room for growth
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJune 18, 2019
Got hired as a greeter and they would not want me to work any other position unless absolutely needed. My boss was the best. He made sure we had morning meetings everyday before the store would even open so we were clear on our goals. He helped me move to other positions that would better fit me.

I would take a drink from the vending machine and pay for it later since we werent allowed to leave our posts and the Loss Prevention guy made a case about me that i stole water since my first day of employment because of this. He was trying to force me to pay the money back with no solid evidence so i had no choice but to quit
Great work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA 31406June 18, 2019
I love the atmosphere working for this company,even with Dicks being a business the managers genuinely care. I could write a book on the perfect service that they require from you as an employee,and it helps the business to be looked at as a great place to shop. An most importantly provide all your shopping needs.
Competitive and Fun Workplace
Apparel Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 18, 2019
- Working with people all day.
- Nonstop interaction with people of all ages.
- Standing and walking for long hours.
- Lifting light weight and heavy boxes.
Fun place to work if you need a little extra cash
Lead Bicycle Technician/Lodge Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462June 18, 2019
If you are into sports and/or outdoor activities, it is a fun place to work. Your weekly hours are very flexible. You can get health benefits as a part time employee. The only negative is compensation
Pros
Relaxed work place, flexible hours
Cons
Very low pay
Great company
Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2019
I have enjoyed ever minute at my store. My manager is extremely flexible with giving hours and is always able to give advice whenever you may want to hear it.
productive, fun work environment
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJune 17, 2019
Been working for two years now there, and the staff feel like family to me. It is a healthy and low-stress place to work at, but it also makes you passionate about the things you get accomplished there.
Horrible
Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJune 16, 2019
It was awful. The management was the worst I’ve ever seen. Played a lot of favorites as well. I worked hard but they didn’t appreciate it. Don’t work here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Nothing for part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dick's Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.6K
31.4K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Powered by Comparably