Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Found 5,309 reviews matching the search See all 5,326 reviews
Part-time
Team Sports Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 18, 2019
This position was like any other retail position. Lots of work at minimum wage but it was nice to be around sports if you are into athletics. The manager treated people as statistics as opposed to people.
No room for growth
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJune 18, 2019
Got hired as a greeter and they would not want me to work any other position unless absolutely needed. My boss was the best. He made sure we had morning meetings everyday before the store would even open so we were clear on our goals. He helped me move to other positions that would better fit me.

I would take a drink from the vending machine and pay for it later since we werent allowed to leave our posts and the Loss Prevention guy made a case about me that i stole water since my first day of employment because of this. He was trying to force me to pay the money back with no solid evidence so i had no choice but to quit
Great work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA 31406June 18, 2019
I love the atmosphere working for this company,even with Dicks being a business the managers genuinely care. I could write a book on the perfect service that they require from you as an employee,and it helps the business to be looked at as a great place to shop. An most importantly provide all your shopping needs.
Competitive and Fun Workplace
Apparel Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 18, 2019
- Working with people all day.
- Nonstop interaction with people of all ages.
- Standing and walking for long hours.
- Lifting light weight and heavy boxes.
Fun place to work if you need a little extra cash
Lead Bicycle Technician/Lodge Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462June 18, 2019
If you are into sports and/or outdoor activities, it is a fun place to work. Your weekly hours are very flexible. You can get health benefits as a part time employee. The only negative is compensation
Pros
Relaxed work place, flexible hours
Cons
Very low pay
Great company
Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2019
I have enjoyed ever minute at my store. My manager is extremely flexible with giving hours and is always able to give advice whenever you may want to hear it.
productive, fun work environment
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJune 17, 2019
Been working for two years now there, and the staff feel like family to me. It is a healthy and low-stress place to work at, but it also makes you passionate about the things you get accomplished there.
Horrible
Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJune 16, 2019
It was awful. The management was the worst I’ve ever seen. Played a lot of favorites as well. I worked hard but they didn’t appreciate it. Don’t work here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Nothing for part time
Fast Pace store that takes care of your customer.
Sales Lead/Management (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJune 16, 2019
It's a great place to work that also has good management. One thing is that the management is just felt like they can do more to help out in the store.
Great Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJune 16, 2019
Dick's Sporting Goods is a fast paste work environment. They provide a flexible work schedule and career advancements. It is a friendly work atmosphere.
Good
Retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 16, 2019
Well my short time at dicks was very fun and I wish I could've worked there a bit longer all things considered. But I reccomend this job to anyone who likes people or sports
Don’t work here, please read my experience
Team Sports Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Summerwood, TXJune 15, 2019
I worked at Dicks in Summerwood. The worst experience of my life by far. First of all I went 2 weeks without getting scheduled with no help or answers from the managers. The other employees were rude, and could care less about me or anyone else for that matter. I spent 0 days working in the department I applied and was hired for. They gave me the shift nobody else wanted, 5am unloading a 18 wheeler by myself. The store was so unorganized and nobody cared. The managers were horrible. One would tell you to something their way and the other would tell you to do it his way. Good luck trying to find something in the stock room. Every aisle is blocked off with garbage that the managers won’t get rid of. You literally have to duck and crawl though the aisles to get around. Let’s not forgot when the STORE MANAGER left the gun cases unlocked which led to not one, but TWO handguns being stolen. And he calls a meeting and will not admit it was his fault. I have no idea how he wasn’t fired, maybe even charged with a crime. I mean that is ridiculously. And I can’t forget the time when the other manager simply left the back door wide open and unlocked over night. I showed for my shift in the morning and was one the first people there, and found the stockroom door flapping in the wind. Absolutely horrific place to work. And don’t expect to get any appreciation or raise ever!
Cons
Location of the store, determines the culture of the store.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 15, 2019
To be honest, I love being an associate at DSG. Taking the knowledge I have with fitness/running and applying that to help a customer is so rewarding. Helping the customers and cleaning the sale floors is your typical day. To describe the management team is hard, one minute they are your friend, the next they are your enemy. In my currently location, the store manage only cares about his self and his favorite associates. But I don't want this review to reflect all "Dick's Sporting Goods store" because I have met several store managers are not like mine.
Pros
Benefits, Sport Knowledge, Associate Discount
Cons
Short breaks, Unfair Pay
It was alright
Front End associate (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 15, 2019
DSG was great at first but then I soon realized the managers were super unorganized and very biased. Don't expect a raise until your 15th month their.
Very boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 14, 2019
The job is boring. Full time act like they own the place and always had horrible attitudes, which management never fixed. Some upper management people also had a huge chip on their shoulder all the time. You can still be a great role model but also be respectful at the same time, and a lot of people lacked that. Don’t expect to make a career out of this place. It’s usually teenagers running the show.
Pros
Discount, meeting famous athletes
Cons
Pay, management, weekends
No balance
Lead (Current Employee) –  Harker heightsJune 14, 2019
If you like working every weekend and only having weekdays off this job is for you. Management can be spotty, HR will never have your back. Good concept but terrible execution
Management and pay sucks for amount of work you do
Lodge Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 14, 2019
At my store in GA, we have a general manager that doesn’t do his job well, he doesn’t schedule us well so the store is always a mess, he lies to us, changes our schedule last minute, keeps us there till 11pm after we close at 9:30, and is just not a good person to work with. After a year of being there I had no review and then I got a raise of 25 cents, from what I heard most people get 15 cent raises. This is not acceptable for the amount of work we do for the store and the company, it’s hard to get recognized for putting in that extra 1%. Management plays favorites sometimes.
Pros
Discounts, good team
Cons
Pay, management, amount of work
Great company! Great people!
Operations/Apparel Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 12, 2019
My managers are very knowledgeable, very helpful and very understanding! They really know their jobs, know sporting goods, know the company and everyone loves what they do.
Fast paced work environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJune 12, 2019
Fast paces work environment. Quick job placement through temp agencies to fill vacancies. Weekly pay; ideal for extra income or anyone seeking quick employment.
It was very slow pace with very unorganized staff and management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTJune 11, 2019
Ideal candidates possess excellent customer service skills and basic computation skills. Primary job duties include completing money transactions, providing change, and answering questions about products, services, and policies. Training includes basic operation of a cash register and pricing guide as well as policy and protocol orientation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dick's Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.6K
31.4K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Powered by Comparably