DICK'S Sporting Goods logo
DICK'S Sporting Goods
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100Below average

DICK'S Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Found 6,788 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,813 reviews

Great place to work,co workers are like family

Featured review

DICK'S Sporting Goods selected this as a representative review
I have worked for this company for 2 and a half years. I enjoy going to work.The people who work here ,work as a team and are like family. Love my job.

Pros

Great teammates, great management, good place to work, recognition

Decent Place to work

Good place to work, couldn’t see myself advancing. Not many customers came to this location so there was a lot of down time. Not enough work for everyone to have something to do.

Overworked and understaffed at all times

Working at dicks sporting goods is not all bad. I met some of my best friends there, but the job itself is not very fun. My duty was to run the footwear department. I was often the only person there, helping 3-4 customers at once, while also being expected to complete tasks like bringing stock out of the back, organizing the shoes, etc. It was way too much work for one person. And management was not good.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Overworked

Very toxic

The management does not care for the employees, they act like they do so they don’t lose anymore workers that are already on the verge of leaving because we’d get treated very poorly. You cannot talk to them about things that happen in the store or your personal problems because they do not care and only want to hear what they like to hear. Employees lose motivation to actually do their jobs which makes it hard for the people that actually care to do their jobs. Also the people that actually do their job don’t get the appreciation they deserve and are way underpaid than the people who got a promotion for just sucking up and now do nothing to benefit the team. Advice for management: Be open-minded.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Unprofessional management

August 2, 2021
Hello – Our corporate HR team would like an opportunity to speak with you about your concerns. Please call our hotline at (866) 814-2749 and provide your contact information so we can reach out to you directly.

Fast paced

It's not a bad place to work, the management team will but you lunch some weeks. I don't see much advancing here though, I feel like I'd be stuck here.

Pros

Free food, fast paced

Cons

Short breaks

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Coworkers made it easier, management and lack of recognition not so much

I worked for over 7 months at Dick's and the one thing I took with me from my experience was the teamwork aspect of things. My department communicated very well and worked together too, but I cannot say the same about other departments and/or management. Also, if you are a hard worker they will keep you there but there wont be much recognition for what you do. The culture there sometimes was toxic between some of the cashiers, there was a big gap in age and the respect between each other was not there.

Pros

Fun at times

Cons

Toxic, Sometimes getting overeworked

Meh. It's ok

Long hours, weekends, and holidays. You don't get paid enough for the hours and stress level. We got zero help from district managers. The loss prevention manager is horrific and biased, luckily she only comes by occasionally. I always enjoyed my co-workers, and the laidback environment. Most customers are great, just a couple of miserable humans come in.

Pros

co-workers, fun work environment

Cons

low pay, long hours, no help outside the store level.

Meh

It’s a job, if I am honest. Management is okay depending on who you talk to. Scheduling is terrible sometimes because they allow the computer to make it most of the time

Pros

Cons

Scheduling

OK, but repetitive

Working in their e-commerce department was both fun and frustrating. Sometimes the equipment was down and there was conflicting demands from the many supervisors one may work under.

Great coworkers and are easy to schedule with

I love working for this company. The managers are so caring and the are flexible with scheduling. I work and go to school and had another job at one point and they made it super easy for me. Each position is different and customers can get you down sometimes but overall it’s a fun job where you make friends.

Pros

Free snacks, long lunches, good hours

Cons

Customers

Jobs at DICK'S Sporting Goods

See more jobs

Great

Love it.good place to work if you are just starting out in the customer service field. Good discounts and lots of fun in the work place. Will be working here for a long time

Great flexibility, The job is what you make it

I worked here for 8 years, The company has plenty o room for growth and the hours flexibility is great. Management is often changing but if you get a solid manager you can really move up in the company.

Management either makes or breaks the possibility to have a good job

You don’t get paid enough for the work you do. The management either makes your shifts cool and fun or makes them horrible and unwilling to do good work. There is no incentive to do good work because there are no benefits they give you. I hope your the lucky one that gets a few god managers cuz I have some bad ones who don’t understand that you have a life outside of work.

Pros

Cool coworkers

Cons

Bad pay and a lack of understanding life outside of work

Fun workplace terrible management

Never had the support needed for big projects. Employees were great. Made a few friends but this job would have been better if support from management was there.

Pros

Employees

Stop

Not bad for a first job but just need to be aware this company is VERY CORPORATE MINDED so don't expect much. Bad communication is common and not very clear about important things such as wether position was seasonal or not and the computer training length or what position you will be out in.

No training

They do not provide adequate training or give hours to allow you to train in different sections. Corporate requires that you meet curtain sales requirements and standards in order to get your raises or promotions, experience does not make a difference in how much your starting pay is. Credit card and Store membership sign ups effect your pay raises and hours given. Favoritism is a huge part of how you get your hours and time off.

Pros

Flexible schedule if you don’t want hours.

Cons

You don’t always get to take your breaks, low pay, hard to take time off for any reason.

July 26, 2021

Varies on store to store with work culture

The first store I was at for years was great, we had a great team with great people and they valued work life balance and your well being. After being promoted to a new store, it completely changed my mindset of the company, it’s not always the same. It’s been the absolute worst experience. I’m changing careers.

Benefits

Cons

Work life balance

Easy work

Dicks was an easy job. However, a lot of employees have second jobs because the need a better income or another source of income. great discount, okay management.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Short breaks

Good part time not really open for full time

Dicks is a amazing place for people looking for a good part time the different departments and different situations you may come looking for they pay might not be the greatest but the job is consistent and plentiful just very difficult to get a full time.

Pros

freindly team work

Cons

low pay little hours

Fun Working Enviroment

Working at Dicks Sporting Goods I learned how to work together as a team. Learned how to run a department, lead as example and aquired good leadership skills.

hard work but good job!

Job can be physically demanding, but a great career for someone who doesn't want to bring their work home with them. Instructions and training are clear, as well as expectations from management.

Pros

Some free lunches, employee discounts.

Cons

Early hours, 10 hour days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DICK'S Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K
2K
1.7K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Powered byComparably