Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Found 4,300 reviews matching the search See all 4,311 reviews
Great company to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14623July 16, 2018
The best job i ever had the only reason I left was due to lack in pay for the experience I brought to the company. The Management was very supportive in out side company projects.
Nice place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2018
Dicks sporting goods was a nice place to work. They are pretty flexible with schedules and always makes sure you are in the loop with whatever is going on in the company.
Pros
Flexiable scheduling
Cons
Short breaks
fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 16, 2018
Fast pace and involved with everything going on with customers, employees, and corporate. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting with customers that share the same passion that I do.
It's okay
Project Manager, Visual Presentation (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2018
The company has gone through a lot of change within the last 10 years and has become very different from the company I started working for in 2005. Economic climate drives a culture of desperation, lots of "shoot from the hip" decisions that end up creating a lot of headache a few months later. Depending on where you are in the company and what level it can seem like management is floundering to keep their head above water. That being said, there are many pros about working here - job security (in comparison to other retail companies) and a "fun" culture at times.
Attendence
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 14, 2018
Keep up with your points as in when you late for work. Calling in to work.Point system is very strict.Stay to yourself work and go home. I cant really explain a typical day cus my understanding since I have left which been 2yrs now has made alot of changes
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJuly 14, 2018
At the beginning of my first two years, I loved it. Then we got new management and it was terrible. Hours were inconsistent and would never work around school schedule or family events.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stressful, inconsistent hours, not family oriented/valued.
Sporting good store that sales sport items
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  2000 N NEIL ST CHAMPAIGN ILLINOIS 61820July 13, 2018
Dicks is a great place to work for its layed back fast paste some time, have some stressful times around holidays but I love working for dicks sporting good. The managers and assiciates are great we do have turn overs at time but thats retail. Discks is a very friendly inviroment managers are ther when ever you have issues with anything.
Fun place to work
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 12, 2018
It was a great experience working here with the management and staff. It is an enjoyable time and they are willing to work around your schedule. Great place.
Typical cashier job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJuly 12, 2018
Some days it seem like the customers were more friendly than your actual co-workers but there might be some reasons why that was a possibility. Not going to state reasons.
Typical Corporation
Supply Chain Integration Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2018
Amenities and benefits make it worth it, but corporate hierarchy and politics make advancing difficult based on pure job performance alone. The culture is similar to a college campus with many different cliques.

Want to know more about Dick's Sporting Goods?

Ask a question
Managers play favorites.
Golf Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 12, 2018
Certain rules only apply to certain employees. Lousy place to work. No development for employees looking to move up. Pay raises are awful and are predetermined by a points system. No consistency to scheduling even for full time employees.
Pros
Casual dress code.
Cons
pay, environment, treatment by management, hours, no consistency to scheduling.
job security
Lodge Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 12, 2018
its retail but with that considered you do get a good discount as well as pro deal opportunites from various companies.pay is avg but if youre full time the job security is great.
Pros
discounts, job security
Cons
pay, hours
Miserable
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smithton, PAJuly 12, 2018
Very little conscientious regarding quality. No desire to improve processes. Top down dictatorship. A supervisor fell asleep at his station regularly, without corrective action being taken. Overall, a dismal experience.
Review summary
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
Working for this company proves that a good work ethnic can and will go unnoticed due to sonority in the work place. I was promised a higher job position but never got it.
Love the golf part of the job.
Golf Club Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2018
Love the golf part of the job. Golf is very important to Dick's Sporting Goods. The golf facilities are top notch. And every golf employee at Dick's Sporting Goods is very knowledgeable of golf and golf equipment.
Averagly fun!
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJuly 10, 2018
Downside to this job is they let go of peole on a weekly basis. meaning if you didnt come close to youre numbers consistantly they were letting you go. also some of the higher end managers did not treat customers or the employees well. i already wrote a letter to HR.
Pros
fun peole
Cons
Bad hours, not flexible
Terrible choices for management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 10, 2018
Managers chosen at one particular location did not follow company policies and allowed employees to squeak by without following rules or abiding by common ethical practices. When confronted, issues were not handled or changed.
Fun workplace. Always something to do.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 9, 2018
A day in the life of working at Dick's involves short bursts of customers flooding the department to a steady flow to a ghost town. Depends on the day of the week and time of day. When it's busy it's very fun to be able to engage with customers.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement
Very fun and enjoyable work place.
Cashier/Front End (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJuly 9, 2018
Coworkers become good friends very quickly. Managers are so friendly and great people to talk to. Most stores seem strict but my store is relaxed and laid back. You get constant customers coming in and become friendly to them as well.
Pros
Friendly managers, free waters, discount
Cons
stay later than scheduled time
Helping customers steam gloves
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 8, 2018
I learned how to stalk shelf’s , use the scanner and pdt I would walk around my department ( team sports ) and ask people what kind of sports equipment they needed I also learned how to steam a baseball glove I did several steamings a day. Management was very unorganized with they’re scheduling but they didn’t ever get mad if I didn’t know what I was doing. Most enjoyable part would have to be helping the customer get what they’re son or daughter needs for they’re season
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dick's Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.3K
31.1K

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Powered by Comparably