Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Found 5,298 reviews matching the search See all 5,315 reviews
Don’t work here, please read my experience
Team Sports Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Summerwood, TXJune 15, 2019
I worked at Dicks in Summerwood. The worst experience of my life by far. First of all I went 2 weeks without getting scheduled with no help or answers from the managers. The other employees were rude, and could care less about me or anyone else for that matter. I spent 0 days working in the department I applied and was hired for. They gave me the shift nobody else wanted, 5am unloading a 18 wheeler by myself. The store was so unorganized and nobody cared. The managers were horrible. One would tell you to something their way and the other would tell you to do it his way. Good luck trying to find something in the stock room. Every aisle is blocked off with garbage that the managers won’t get rid of. You literally have to duck and crawl though the aisles to get around. Let’s not forgot when the STORE MANAGER left the gun cases unlocked which led to not one, but TWO handguns being stolen. And he calls a meeting and will not admit it was his fault. I have no idea how he wasn’t fired, maybe even charged with a crime. I mean that is ridiculously. And I can’t forget the time when the other manager simply left the back door wide open and unlocked over night. I showed for my shift in the morning and was one the first people there, and found the stockroom door flapping in the wind. Absolutely horrific place to work. And don’t expect to get any appreciation or raise ever!
Cons
Location of the store, determines the culture of the store.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 15, 2019
To be honest, I love being an associate at DSG. Taking the knowledge I have with fitness/running and applying that to help a customer is so rewarding. Helping the customers and cleaning the sale floors is your typical day. To describe the management team is hard, one minute they are your friend, the next they are your enemy. In my currently location, the store manage only cares about his self and his favorite associates. But I don't want this review to reflect all "Dick's Sporting Goods store" because I have met several store managers are not like mine.
Pros
Benefits, Sport Knowledge, Associate Discount
Cons
Short breaks, Unfair Pay
It was alright
Front End associate (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 15, 2019
DSG was great at first but then I soon realized the managers were super unorganized and very biased. Don't expect a raise until your 15th month their.
Very boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 14, 2019
The job is boring. Full time act like they own the place and always had horrible attitudes, which management never fixed. Some upper management people also had a huge chip on their shoulder all the time. You can still be a great role model but also be respectful at the same time, and a lot of people lacked that. Don’t expect to make a career out of this place. It’s usually teenagers running the show.
Pros
Discount, meeting famous athletes
Cons
Pay, management, weekends
No balance
Lead (Current Employee) –  Harker heightsJune 14, 2019
If you like working every weekend and only having weekdays off this job is for you. Management can be spotty, HR will never have your back. Good concept but terrible execution
Management and pay sucks for amount of work you do
Lodge Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 14, 2019
At my store in GA, we have a general manager that doesn’t do his job well, he doesn’t schedule us well so the store is always a mess, he lies to us, changes our schedule last minute, keeps us there till 11pm after we close at 9:30, and is just not a good person to work with. After a year of being there I had no review and then I got a raise of 25 cents, from what I heard most people get 15 cent raises. This is not acceptable for the amount of work we do for the store and the company, it’s hard to get recognized for putting in that extra 1%. Management plays favorites sometimes.
Pros
Discounts, good team
Cons
Pay, management, amount of work
Great company! Great people!
Operations/Apparel Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 12, 2019
My managers are very knowledgeable, very helpful and very understanding! They really know their jobs, know sporting goods, know the company and everyone loves what they do.
Fast paced work environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJune 12, 2019
Fast paces work environment. Quick job placement through temp agencies to fill vacancies. Weekly pay; ideal for extra income or anyone seeking quick employment.
It was very slow pace with very unorganized staff and management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTJune 11, 2019
Ideal candidates possess excellent customer service skills and basic computation skills. Primary job duties include completing money transactions, providing change, and answering questions about products, services, and policies. Training includes basic operation of a cash register and pricing guide as well as policy and protocol orientation.
Good first job
cashier (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MN 56387June 11, 2019
It's a retail job, what can I say. The people you work with are good people, and management has your back. If you're a cashier it's like any other cashier job. Still has sales quotas.
Pros
work environment
Cons
its a minimum wage job
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 11, 2019
I loved working at dicks sporting goods because I loved communication between employer and employee. I was well respected in the work environment. My review is a 10 out of 10
Fun place to work at and great environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15237June 11, 2019
Very flexible with scheduling, nice discount on most products, got to meet famous people as well! Money was decent, hours can be long during busy season.
Sales Associate
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Fruitville, PAJune 10, 2019
I work as a sales associate at dicks sporting goods. The staff is fun and supportive, the job is very fast pace, you never are with out something to do, you do a lot of walking, and I have long work hours. Over all it's a decent place to work however the management system needs to change.
Exciting Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 10, 2019
Working at DSG was always exciting, a fast-paced job, and helped me hone in my customer service abilities. Overall it was a perfect starter job and helped set a strong base for my professional career moving forward.
Pros
Fun workplace, amazing co-workers
Cons
Demanding management
9yrs employment
Insurance
Teamwork
Merchandising
Operational
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Support
Css
o Head Cashier/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJune 10, 2019
So much fun great place to work for a high schooler or high school grad. Learn to communicate well with customers and deal with people. To many coupons.
Fun, but not the job for me.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJune 10, 2019
Work was always fairly easy. Always had people around to help you if you run into trouble. You didn't get too many hours or really any hours. Management was nice. All the other employees were nice. Not much to complain about.
Not worth it
Footwear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 9, 2019
Apparently an accurate review of working for this company with out any type of profanity was still considered to be inappropriate. so what i will say is if you are caucasion it should be smooth sailing for the most part, and if you are not, not every day is terrible but i would not reccomend at all
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
your sanity will be lost, you willl most likely be underpaid, and under appreciated, and quite possibly neglected.
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 9, 2019
The company is good company to work for, however the specific store i worked at had terrible management. If you weren't a favorite of the manager then your weekly hours were inconsistent. I asked for a higher position in the store and was brushed off numerous of times.
Dick's is cool.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCJune 8, 2019
The environment is usually laid back. I like it so far I've been there. I have my days when I don't but who doesn't at work? There isn't really a hard part about working there and easy to adjust. I enjoy being solo most of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dick's Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.6K
31.4K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Powered by Comparably