Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

store manager had personal agendas against employees which lead to high turn over rate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 15, 2018
The fellow employees were awesome, two managers were great ,but the store manager was immature and unprofessional which led to a poor working environment.
not a competitive paying job
Apparel Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FL 34205June 15, 2018
its pretty slow paced and boring at times the people who work there are nice but only some of them the others can be really rude and make rude comments.
Awesome atmosphere
Run specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison County, MSJune 14, 2018
The experience was awesome, mature managers and staff, but the excitement of Customers getting what they wanted and left HIGHLY SATISFIED made me wanted to always be excited when it was time to work. I was already advanced in the areas of sales, coming from a 8 Billion dollar industry and experience as a Store management/ Team Lead. I was ranked above the existing managers on staff, but stayed humble and played my part as an associate and enjoyed every bit of it until I had to leave for medical reasons. I would highly recommend this job to anyone who is trying to do something with their career.
Pros
Money and OT
Cons
Communication/ Goals
hate this company
Sales associate-footwear (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJune 14, 2018
this company sucks. will not recommend anyone to work for them. they don't compensate or promote great employees on time and its a nightmare to move up with this company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great at the start
Head Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 14, 2018
The job itself was not the reason why I quit the job. Management didn't care for their associates, only their store. However, while I was there, I learned a lot about the products and services the store offered, customer service skills went up exponentially, and multi-tasking was definitely a huge improvement while working at Dick's.
Pros
Mostly younger associates, relatable coworkers due to similar age group
Cons
Management doesn't take care of their associates, poor scheduling
Productive/Fast paced
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 14, 2018
No two days are the same, and a lot of changes occur daily/weekly. The best part is working collaboratively with cross-functional teams. If you don't know the answer, someone will always be there to help
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 13, 2018
fun place to work, poor management, low pay, not flexible with working hours, coworkers were helpful, Management was rude, they give you time off when it is needed.
Productive while enjoying the team
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 13, 2018
Dick's was an all around experience that was great. The management was good but there wasn't a set managers. One of the most profitable Dick's around so the tempo was nice, never really had time to be bored which I loved. I'd return if an opening came about.
Pros
A great team, good customers, fun time
Cons
Scheduling was a bit confusing, login info was scattered
Great place to work.
Lodge Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJJune 13, 2018
I have gained a lot of customer service experience. I have also moved up in the Lodge area to include the certification to do background checks and handle firearms and ammunition.
Advance people who are not ready
Apparel Lead (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 12, 2018
Within my first two days I was the head of the department (not by choice) the lead, walked out my first day of retail. I was advanced with no training and expected to do everything that the other leads where doing.
Exciting place to work
Softlines Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 12, 2018
Great place to work as long as you enjoy sports/outdoor activities. This work place is devoted to its consumers and its employees and goes above and beyond to ensure the best shopping experience.
my day there
FOOTWEAR SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 12, 2018
overall good job, pushes you to be the best customer service representative you can be. A little strict in some areas that they don't need to be. I would help customers find the perfect shoe and the perfect fit. its always encouraged to do socks on a box.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
bad at correcting mistakes cant relate to employees really
Steady decline in leadership quality and corporate is way off base with employee/consumer base.
Lodge Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 12, 2018
Have to work an entire department by yourself, because hours for very profitable stores are cut. Corporate interference leads to massive employee loss. Wages are abysmal for "competitive" pay compared to other related stores. Fellow employees are mostly easy to befriend, and make days go well on occasions.
Pros
Works with school schedules
Cons
Low pay, Inconsistent management, unfulfilling, unrealistic work expectations
Fast pace environment geared towards both customer and employee satisfaction
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 11, 2018
A typical work day consisted of putting away clothes, cleaning fitting rooms, placing orders, assisting customers, and backing up on the register. I learned to work quickly and efficiently. The workplace focused on being a "team" and working well with all your teammates and coaches. The hardest part of the job was just the time crunch you would be in by the end of the day to get all the merchandise put away.
alright
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 11, 2018
the store was clean and always looked nice. but the managers were always rude and couldn't really ask for anything. The worst part was if you were late even by 1 minute you were given a point and you only had 8 points in a whole 6 months.you would also gets 2 points if you got sick and were unable to make it. One time i had gotten a shift covered and the girl didn't show up. I was penalized but she wasn't.
It’s an okay place for more youthful applicants
Freight Flow Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 11, 2018
It’s an okay place for more youthful applicants. There was a lot of outside drama brought into the work place due to that youthful culture. As I aged, it was something I no longer wanted to deal with on a day to day.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Youthful Drama
It was a very faster paced job
cashier (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOJune 11, 2018
Very fast paced and competitive to work there in my opinion. You always had to remember what the prices were, make sure you moved quickly with checking out the customer, always had to know the sales and coupon numbers for the sale that day.
Great workplace environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 10, 2018
A friendly working environment, weather it’s the management or the team members. Even on the slow days work was still some what enjoyable and fast paced. There was always something to do.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJune 10, 2018
Must be able to work hard depending on the the department you work in. Depending on your position you'll have to be able to wake up very early to put away the consistent large deliveries.
I did not enjoy my time there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 9, 2018
A typical day was being yelled at by managers for not working harder while they sipped from their cups of Starbucks. Management was very lazy and picked favorites. Plus the air conditioning did not work, it was constantly hot and miserable.
Pros
free lunches on Fridays
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dick's Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

2.2

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight