Dickey's Barbecue Pit Employee Reviews

Only if it is your passion
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Definitely my favorite job I have had. It was a fast paced environment and had a family culture behind it. Probably not the best place to work the job security and hours aren't always guaranteed.
A grease show with good food
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 18, 2018
DICKEYs BBQ pit is like any other 10.50 job that serves food to the public, sometimes it feels like the tasks our managers ask us to do doesn’t fit the payroll, the managers are truly great but the cleaning of a grease filled kitchen is constantly stressing, i would like to just seek further opportunities from here on out.
Pros
The co workers & management helps get you through the day
Cons
Too much grease to handle sometimes
An okay place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Downey, CASeptember 13, 2018
It is a good first job, but the only thing good about working here was the manager, but he no longer works there. Hours are okay, but pay is stingy and not a good chance of getting pay raises. It is sometimes unorganized and is sometimes understaffed on busy days. In my opinion, not a great place to work, but could be a last resort.
Pros
discounted food for friends and family, able to request days off
Cons
have to pay for your own food, unorganized, understaffed, managing problems
Fast-paced, fun job!
Food Preparer/Server (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTSeptember 10, 2018
I loved working here because I was busy all of the time, there was not really time to sit around and get bored. Depending on where you are I am sure there are options for benefits and reasonable salary.
Cool
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 5, 2018
I really enjoy All of my coworkers and everything that I've learned there. I like that you aren't assigned to just one task there as an employee but are forced to learn multiple skills that will be useful in other restaurants I may work at in the future.
Enthusiastic Atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 29, 2018
I had the pleasure of working for an encouraging and supportive owner, who was devoted to being involved as much as possible. Even if management was sub par when I started, the perception given was a desire to promote those who were hard working and expressed a willingness to learn.
The hardest part in my position was finding a staff who came to work with a joyful attitude and showed good work ethic, which occasionally led to being under staffed.
The part of my job I enjoyed most were they customers. As a manager I did deal with any negative complaints, but it was worth it for the bonds that I was able to make with our customers. We only interact with them for a brief instant, my goal was to make that short moment the brightest piece of their day.
Amazing people to work with
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Fremont and Castro Valley CAAugust 27, 2018
A very fun environment that serves good food with happy customers. Management was super nice and caring to all employees. My most enjoyable part is when my coworkers would cook breakfast for me and that my manager would buy milk tea and Starbucks for his employees.
Pros
you get to take whatever you don't sell
Work hard you'll move up
Severing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CA 95603August 27, 2018
Dickey's Barbecue was my first job. I'll always cherish just how much I learned and grew here. The management and team really came together to make sure we all succeed. It's not an easy job but together it can be. There's always room for growth.
Pros
Co-workers, Training, Catering Events, Managment
Cons
Grease
Duties as a cashier
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXAugust 19, 2018
A typical day at Dickey's Barbecue Pit usually busy during lunch and dinner time. Usually make sure to stay stocked on products to prepare for rushes.
Hardest part of the job is making sure orders are correct when bagged and ready. Sometimes on your own to multitask and place every item in bag.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and making customers happy.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
N/a
Not Impressed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXAugust 19, 2018
I was brought in even with my experience and was being trained by a General Manager that did not seem to know how to actually talk to a person without degrading said person (customers included) and did not know how to come to work sober.
work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 14, 2018
there are some things i learned while working there but they are basic skills. this job is more for teenagers and people who need something temporary till they find something better.
Productive place of business
Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 12, 2018
A typical day includes a lot of goofing off and having fun. We do get serious when customers come in and get them in and out in a timely manner. I learned how to better my customer service skills and manage people.
It was a good start up job, very clean and friendly.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXAugust 9, 2018
It was a fun experience to work there for a little bit but i don't see it as a career job, everyone there was super nice and they do everything they can for their customers i just feel like the pay could've been better.
Productive, busy but enjoyable workplace
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 8, 2018
I liked working at Dickeys for some time, then it came to the point where I want to learn something new and get a better chance to improve my job skills and the variety of different jobs.
Pros
Flexible work times
Fun and friendly staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAAugust 8, 2018
My time there was amazing but school made it hard for me to stay all the staff are friendly and helpful it’s a fast paced job so be ready for a lot of customers and don’t be afraid to talk to people
Pros
Discounts
helped me change my major
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 24, 2018
It was a good experience, it was super fast paced and stressful and tiring. It helped me change my major from culinary arts to English Education. It was stressful.
fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2018
Job was ok. Co workers were friendly and fun. Doesn't really pay that good of a wage. Easy work. Friendly customers. Good food. Good catering. Very clean environment.
fun to work at
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 13, 2018
dickeys was a great experience for me .. we are sorry it had to end the way it did. due to the franchise owner becoming unstable. Dickeys is always on my list of suggesting to others.
Good place
Pit Boss (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2018
Everything is super easy to do. When asked to do something the people do it and do not complain. I have learned to better manage and become a good leader.
Overall good job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXJuly 2, 2018
Work was sometimes stressful and hard to deal with other certain managers because they seemed passive aggressive. Hardest part of the job was there were no breaks unless you work a split shift.
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Cons
Low Pay