Dickey's Barbecue Pit Employee Reviews

Overall, a great place to work and have lunch at.
Pit Crew (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 13, 2018
I worked here for about a year and it was pretty fun. Managers were understanding and easy to work with. Enjoyed wonderful food and atmosphere. Ten out of ten, would recommend at least eating there.
Enjoyed working with this company
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company because they gave me career advancement opportunities. The manager was awesome as far as working with my schedule. I learned a lot with this company like how to prep Meats such as beef brisket pulled pork Etc. There was one time in particular whereas I lost all means of transportation co-workers and managers both came together to assist me get to work when possible for them. In general just awesome environment.
stressful and counterproductive workplace at Dickeys
Manager (Current Employee) –  2149 Miller Parkway, WINovember 6, 2018
Would usually come in the morning work by myself for a couple hours, but I usually ended up working by myself almost the whole day. Some employees wouldn't show up for work. I usually had to manage the store on my own the owner was rarely seen and if he did come to the store it would be no more than 5 minutes. The hardest part about working on my own was the line of customers waiting for their food. I had to prepare, cook and serve the food to the customers including doing all the side food, frying items and tend the register as well. The most enjoyable part of my job was when a customer complimented me and when my shift was finally over which normally wasn't supposed to be as long as it usually was. I was had to cover shifts for others. I learned that you should manage a store more better than my previous owner because if not you lose customers and employees. Your business will die if the owner doesn't do his part of his job. I hope the new places I work isn't the same as my former job.
Cons
no breaks, no free food, no benefits at all, not likely to get any raises, overworked, understaffed
It was a productive work place
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYNovember 6, 2018
It was a good work place. The fact that our supervisors were all good friends with the staff made it to where there was a lot of favoritism in the work place.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Healthcare no other benefits
Great Place to work
Cashier'Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2018
Great place to work..great customers with delicious food..The manager wasn't always so easy..meaning when rush hour starts it's extra harder for us dealing with call ins..walk ins and deliveries..But overall this is a great place for employment..
Pros
Sometimes if our quarter was met..our manager would buy us lunch during shift
Cons
We did get discounts
Fun place to work for first job. no steady hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZNovember 1, 2018
Fun place to work at as a first job. Managers are nice people but not so good at their Job. Hours were cut quite a bit due to slow business. easy job.
A fun place to work for those who love to sweat
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCOctober 31, 2018
Dickey's Barbecue Pit was a fun job in the beginning. After the first month, I lost 10 pounds due to the sweat and demanding physicality of the job. After a while, the management got worse as things were not being properly tended to (i.e. broken soda machine, nepotism in the work place, problems with employees not being dealt with). Therefore, I did end up quitting my job when I started back in high school. There was too much stress with poor employment and lack of hours.
Pros
Discounts on food.
Cons
No breaks unless you work a double, extreme nepotism, only one benefit
It was fun I liked the people there
High School Intern (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 30, 2018
Everyone was nice and the work wasn't too hard but there was a lot to do, You get free food after and their brisket. THEIR BRISKET is amazing I would always get that. I wasn't 18 at the time so I couldn't actually cut any of the meat or serve the customers but I did everything in the back for school, I got school credit for being and intern there. I am now graduated and looking for work!
Pros
Fun, Food, Friends, Fivestars
Cons
Not being there for the free brisket:'
The management needs to be replaced
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXOctober 24, 2018
Managers relax in the office and rarely offer aid to employees unless asked or forced. Hires unqualified workers and discourages good employees to remain there.
i loved my job but didnt like the people i had to work for ..
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 22, 2018
I loved the actual flow of smoking bbq and just being yourself having fun on the job and getting the job done. poor leaders will lead to poor business ..
Pros
easy flowing work stratagis
Cons
no one follows the rules and guidelines so it messes the entire system up
Laid back, simple job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 18, 2018
Clocked in and would do dishes until finished with them. Would then help with whatever was needed. Later on would prepare meat for cooking. Continue to wash dishes and help clean up for the rest of the time.
Good environment. Good people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 15, 2018
Overall it's a good place to enjoy some good food. Good environment for all familys wether big or small. Good hard working staff, also good customer service
restaurant work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 14, 2018
working with meat, preparing, seasoning, smoking, loading smoker, dishes, cleaning, serving, delivering caterings, general restaurant work similar to any other
Very welcoming place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, TXOctober 12, 2018
They are all very nice people to work with. They are comforting and it is almost as everyone there treats you with respect and as if you were family to them. They are all fun, overall working there was enjoyable.
terrible managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2018
you will never get hours my coworkers were rude and management was terrible. you do not get paid overtime and most the time get sent home because "too many people were working". food was good though.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
working there.
Clean enviornment
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 30, 2018
This restaurant was always clean and organized. The food was delicious so it was easy to sell. I enjoyed the fun atmosphere and everyone was more than willing to work together.
Decent place to work for high school kids
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSSeptember 29, 2018
Dickey's is a pretty easy and mid paced place to work. You won't get paid a whole lot. They are pretty cheap when it comes to pay. The work isn't very difficult to learn.
Pros
easy to learn
Cons
pay
Only if it is your passion
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Definitely my favorite job I have had. It was a fast paced environment and had a family culture behind it. Probably not the best place to work the job security and hours aren't always guaranteed.
A grease show with good food
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 18, 2018
DICKEYs BBQ pit is like any other 10.50 job that serves food to the public, sometimes it feels like the tasks our managers ask us to do doesn’t fit the payroll, the managers are truly great but the cleaning of a grease filled kitchen is constantly stressing, i would like to just seek further opportunities from here on out.
Pros
The co workers & management helps get you through the day
Cons
Too much grease to handle sometimes
An okay place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Downey, CASeptember 13, 2018
It is a good first job, but the only thing good about working here was the manager, but he no longer works there. Hours are okay, but pay is stingy and not a good chance of getting pay raises. It is sometimes unorganized and is sometimes understaffed on busy days. In my opinion, not a great place to work, but could be a last resort.
Pros
discounted food for friends and family, able to request days off
Cons
have to pay for your own food, unorganized, understaffed, managing problems