Dickinson College Employee Reviews

Family Friendly
Gift Recorder (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 14, 2018
Family friendly environment, great people and good culture. Opportunities to learn new skills within your own department. Flexibility and respect of personal time.
Managing at Dickinson College
Warehouse Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 15, 2018
What I really enjoy working at Dickinson College is being able to manage my staff and implement positive changes. Upper level management very open to hear ideas and vision.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
Lower pay scales for jobs being performed
Student
Residence Life & Housing, Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 22, 2018
I am a student at Dickinson College, so my "experience" is working in Residential Life and Housing and other organizations on campus. Seeing as I am a student, I have no salary, other than the small amount I receive from Residence Life and Housing.
Interactive and always changing
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 22, 2018
The day to day work at Dickinson was always changing. It all had to do with catering but it kept things moving and exciting to work there. I highly recommend working at this establishment.
review
Tutor (Former Employee) –  28 N College St Carlisle, PAOctober 4, 2017
Good place to work while studying at dickinson college. Many different jobs available to students. I worked as a basketball ref, tutor, and TA while in school.
cool place to work at
Metal and Wood Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 4, 2017
I worked in the studio art department, while most of my time was spent cleaning the machines in the wood and metal shop, i also got to perform many tasks requiring me to build things and confront challenges and task
Excellent workplace
Spanish Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania, USAJuly 30, 2017
I had different groups of students who I met with once a week for a session of Spanish classes with a native speaker. I had a lot of fun working with them and learnt a lot.
Very cool place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  CrewMarch 2, 2017
this is a very cool place to work. You get a free buffet meal every time you work and you can eat as much as you want during the shift. Overall it's a good place to work.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks 15 min
Great place to gain leadership skills.
Student Astronomy Researcher (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 25, 2017
Part time job consisted of all the pieces that go into event planning and training that I wanted to get into, while also allowing me to pursue my studies at the school.
Productive and efficient learning environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day of work included following a procedure and making additions if I deemed necessary. I was able to learn more about the process of drug research and development.
Great Opportunities
Serving Line Server (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 25, 2016
Working in a college cafeteria, especially at Dickinson College, provides its workers with a great deal of opportunity to meet young people from all over the world. The job not only gives them a pay check and good work experience, but also allows them the opportunity to make connections with people from all over the world.
Pros
experience, free meals during before the shift
Cons
small amount of pay
Management is the problem
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 24, 2016
The worst place I ever worked at. Would not recommend this place to to anyone. Management is a joke. They don't know what they are doing and the treat people terrible. If you complain they will just fire you for no reason. Hopefully when the new president comes they will see what management has done and replace them
Pros
Cons
Dirty, nasty place, not kept after mold every where. Housing not fit for rats.
Great place to work, benefits and extras as in using fitness center.
Admissions staff (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 18, 2016
Dickinson college is a great place to work. Great benefits and nice people and students to work with.

Interesting and varied work responsibilities keeps a day intersting.
Good experience
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 30, 2015
There was a lot of training involved. My direct superior was very nice. I met a lot of new students and had a good time. My co workers were very invested.
Pros
networking
Cons
no pay
Enjoyable experience
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 11, 2015
Employed under a work study program while I attended school there and it was a nice form of extra income. The atmosphere and lifestyle is light and fun with easy people/coworkers to get along with.
Short term place to work.
Maintenance Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 30, 2015
There is no future working for this college. The managers were alright, but i didn't learn anything from them. The hardest part of the day was keeping going when things were slow.
Great Community & Campus
International / Transfer Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 9, 2015
Friendly accepting, adaptable culture
Numerous wellness and education opportunities available
Allows for a good home / work balance
Very understanding of family / medical needs
Good location
Beautiful campus within walking distance of downtown Carlisle
Sustainability is extremely important to the campus as a whole, vegetables are even planted around campus for staff and students to pick at their will.
Easy and Convenient
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PADecember 10, 2014
I needed to study while working here, so hours needed to fit into my schedule well. They were good with accommodating my needs.
Very laid back atmosphere and generally good people to work with
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 17, 2014
Dickinson College as a whole is a great place to work. The benefits are great and the coworkers are generally a pleasure to work for. The workload was not overly demanding but it was demanding enough to keep you interested and eager to do the best you could. As for the library management, things could get a little tense. Most requests to try new things or be more involved in different areas of the library were largely ignored if it wasn't the manager's idea.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, good food, good benefits
Cons
Management often created tense work environment
Fun workplace where people actually care about your development and future.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 29, 2014
As a student worker I learned something new everyday. I found out very quickly that I was a people person and that I can connect with students during their toughest moments. I always appreciated how my supervisor was always so patient with me and was interested in my well being. Since I was a student at the time the hardest part was trying to balance school work, clubs, organizations and my job. However, even on my worst days I never dreaded working here. Yes I did complain some times but no day was the same and everyday was an opportunity to gain a new skill.
Pros
You get to work on your own time
Cons
It can be a bit overwhelming if you do not have good organization skills.