Dickinson Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJuly 18, 2019
I love working at Armed Forces Bank. The clients, my bosses and co-workers are all wonderful and compassionate. My job is my home. I always feel that I am home.
not a good company to work for
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 23, 2019
Terrible company. They don't care about their employees. They only care about sales. Longer hours and they don't even give required lunches due to short staffing all the time. They will hire managers that doesn't know what their doing. Very bad management and pay the employees poorly for an hour rate of 11.50 as a banker which is way too low compare to other banks. Not a good place to work for. They don't have loyalty and no work ethics.
Good Company Bad Management
UBC (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 15, 2019
The company should pay more attention to management failing a department versus focusing on expanding. Turn over is horrible. Unfair advancement opportunities with open ended promises.
Pros
Free access to gym and company embursement for parking
Cons
Lack of solid management, advancement options not fair, inconvenient hours
Universal Banking Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 24, 2019
Great place to work for getting your foot in the door with banking. I started out in the call center and advanced my way up the ladder, with several positions and departments in between.
Pros
Flexible schedule, average pay salary
Cons
Can be disorganized at times
Upbeat and productive work environment.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOFebruary 23, 2019
On a typical day I had to do teller transactions and help customers out with any problems. The company sent me to any kind of training I needed to help me advance and paid for travel and hotel stay. I learned alot about sales and operations. Management was great and if every there was a question a manager couldn't answer there was always someone more qualified I could call to get help. Everyone I worked with was very polite and the working environment was very laid back yet stern at the same time. I had a hard time dealing with very disgruntled clients. The best part of my job was seeing smiling faces and seeing my clients grow as they banked with us.
Pros
Incentives quarterly, never had to work off the clock.
Cons
Sometimes you would work all day without a break or lunch.
I would not work here
Office Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2019
I have nothing good to say about this place, they have there favorites and treats them better than other employees that are there favorites. It is not a good place to work
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Stressful at times, lack of communication,
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 13, 2019
I find it to be stressful at times, especially when being forced to push our customers into self service if they don't want it and than put on a report for it.
Time frame sensitive. Close work envirmonment.
Closing Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 7, 2019
Very close office. We communicated often on the status of the client file. Often collaborated on work flow. Very laid back but serious and focused at t same time.
Busy and productive
Dispute Resolution Specialist / Armed Forces (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2018
This position had lots of responsiblities and deadlines to meet. The typical day for me was coming in checking my emails and making sure nothing was left from the day before. I worked my task the most easiest and shortest to process first then to the longer task.
Not too bad
Treasury Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 25, 2017
Some days are slower than others. The pay and benefits are not very good. You have to use vacation time as sick time too. Overall job isn't very difficult as long as you pay attention and your a fast learner.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Traffic, Hours, and pay
Great Bank
VP Senior Commercial Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2017
Good people, professional work environment, challenging work. Great training ground with exposure to very complex credits throughout the country. I'd definitely go back.
Pros
Owners/Managers
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities.
Great workplace with excellent employees
Staff Internal Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2017
I loved being able to stand up and go for a walk in the building as needed. The Company was absolutely outstanding and my favorite was the ice/water machine. The best ice ever!
ok
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 17, 2017
it was cleaning car and talking to customer. Selling products that i was my jobs. The environment was ok. It was not too bad for entry level job. I was alright.
ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 15, 2017
it's an ok place to work but I don't agree with all their practices and procedures. Policy and procedures should be the same for each employee and USA 800 whom DFC contracts to do their customer service is not firm fair and consistent with their employees
unorganized management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 4, 2017
not enough space for all CSRs and management, small break room, no air during the summer because it was broken, calls would drop, programs wouldn't work, training was too short, systems would always go down and computers would fail
Great company
Assistant Vice President - OREO Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2017
Enjoyable work environment filled with knowledgeable and respectful employees, dedicated to producing at a high level. Can not say enough positive things about the family. Very hard-working.
Newest
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 19, 2016
They don't care about you but they expect you to bend over backwards to meet their ridiculously ever changing schedule. You are required to work 10 hour days whenever they decide.
If you like to make a difference...
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 29, 2016
This company has a lot of potential. If you like to make a difference, this is the place. Customers can be difficult sometimes but you can be well-respected by staying positive with your customers and coworkers. I am learning a lot about how to be a financial services professional.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay could be more competitive
Great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 13, 2016
Working at DFC quickly proved to be one of the best jobs I'd ever have. It was truly refreshing to be employed for a company that genuinely cared about it's employees.
I wrote previous review
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2016
I have previously reviewed this company. Great Company to work for and grow with. Great opportunities and room for growth.