Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Temp position
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 28, 2018
Not much to say. Barely spoke to my supervisor and I wasn’t given much direction or told what to do? No health benefits if you’re a temp and you don’t feel included with regular employees.
Pros
Nice location, nice coworkers
Cons
No direction, temp job, no benefits
Great Training
Bilingual Therapist I (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 21, 2018
This is a great place to grow in career. A lot of free training and supervision provided. Several sites to choose to work in. Started the national suicide hotline
I enjoyed our work place because it was a passion
Intake Counselor/Manager-ES (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 20, 2018
A typical day at work is answering phone calls, completing Discharges, meeting famlies regarding clients recovery teaching them how to began to receive discharging from treatment and counseling families on addiction. Completing intakes, working on client placement, scheduling clients for treatment groups that meet the client needs the address client tx plan. Completing one on one and helping client to learn about their disease. Meeting with staff to develop the skills or teach them how to work with difficult cases. Teach client how to facilitate groups sitting in groups to observe counselor how to run an effective group. Set up client schedule. Create a multi-cultural treatment center by sitting with upper management and counselor. The hardest part of the job would be to learning how to complete self care for yourself and the most enjoy part of the job is when the client begin to embraces their treatment process and you observe that client making the changes to close to want to be sober.
Pros
I believe treatment does works by working a honest program
Cons
Treatment does work if your program is not honest
Wonderful Staff
Bilingual Suicide Prevention Counselor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 24, 2018
Different working hours have different management. Some personalities may cause more friction than others. Work environment is professional, kind, caring, but also laid back and sensitive to both callers and staff's emotional needs.
High Stress Environment
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAMay 7, 2018
Stressful Environment expectations from managements are unrealistic. A lot of room to learn new roles but can be overwhelming at times. Will not recommend.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Low Compensation
Management fails clients and staff
Therapist I (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAMay 6, 2018
There are two factions at DH: assistant program directors and above versus clinical supervisors on down. If you’re on the lower end, life is miserable. The ADs and PDs don’t take responsibility for anything, aren’t competent in their own jobs, and only talk about being supportive but don’t actually act in supportive ways. The direct staff are wonderful, dedicated people working their butts off to help clients. This is amazing work that is absolutely taken for granted by management. The worst part of the company is when direct staff get the courage to give feedback about things, they are shot down or blamed for the problem. Things don’t change there. I never had a bad review and was given only praise, but I saw others targeted. It was gross and unprofessional. I left because I was sick of the management being so awful. If you’re thinking of working here, DON’T. I promise you there are a lot of better agencies where you can get the same awesome clinical experience without the drama and adverse effects on your own mental health.
Pros
Great colleagues and clinical supervisors are supportive
Cons
Management acts in unprofessional, unethical, and NOT client- centered ways
Residential
Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2018
The CEO is amazing. She is very inspiring, heartfelt, and acknowledges individual employees at hiring and throughout the employment. The electronic health record they use, psych consult, is the worst compared to other electronic health records I have used.
Pros
good employee incentives, cheer your peer program
Cons
Hr
Drug and Alcohol Counselor (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAFebruary 24, 2018
What has surprised me the most is the genuine honesty people entrust in their counselors. Furthermore, I was surprised to find that much of my time is spent doing paperwork rather than sitting with patients and talking with them."
Pros
Great supportive staff.
Cons
Everyone wants to be buddies
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Lack of accountability within management, make-up as you go along policy, biased supervision.Placing unqualified managers in a place like this can be costly and a liability to the morale of the agency. They will not be able to keep good and hard workers when the key members in mgmnt are incredibly poor leaders and lack the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities to lead well.
Pros
Vacation, and sick time cause you need a mental health break to get away from the drama
Cons
High turnover, management are young and unqualified in decision making, they steal your ideas and do not give you any credit, management are also liars and if you want to work here make sure you are a "YES MAN
Noble Intentions; Poor Execution
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 30, 2018
DHMHS has a history of serving communities where poverty or stigma limit access to mental health services, and I support the mission fully.

This agency, however, has changed over the past decade (and why shouldn't it? Every industry must adapt, right?), and not in a good way.

There is an excessive emphasis on productivity - a necessary evil because we depend on being able to bill the county for the services we provide to our clients. We need people to provide specific services so that we can be reimbursed by the county. However, there needs to be a better balance between productivity, how the clients are served and cared for, and clinician self-care.

The non-clinical upper management fails to communicate effectively with the staff, leading to a great deal of resentment. Morale is generally low (although there are pockets of strong programs with wonderful directors).

This agency makes a lot of little missteps and it is destroying the reputation that DHMHS used to have.
Pros
Excellent, trial by fire training in mental health services, a decent place to earn hours towards licensure.
Cons
low morale, leadership failures, high stress, lack of communication from upper management.
Great place for learning and developing your Behavioral Health skills
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Love this place, didn't want to leave, it was a great experience and helped me grow as an individual as well as an employee. I've recommended them to several social workers, therapists, and primary providers. It really is a great place to start your career, grow, and develop into a best practices focussed practitioner.
Pros
Competitive as far as pay and benefits and experience to grow in your field.
Cons
It would benefit the residential staff to be able to have a private on site break room
Co-workers are great!
Bilingual Therapist I- Adult Services FSP (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Case loads are not balanced, great place to acquire skills and have exposure to different diagnosis and work with diverse populations. The hardest part of the job is to meet unrealistic demands and balance meeting productivity.
Pros
structural framework is organized.
Cons
managment
Terrible unethical environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 9, 2018
If you are looking to truly help clients with their mental health issues, this is NOT the place! This place is full of egomaniacs in management & the HR reps are unethical & cut throats. This place will make you feel crazy & quite possibly have you seeking your own mental health care.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Working there
help when you need it
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CANovember 27, 2017
being at here was the best thing that happened to myself in a long period of time. this place made me the person that i am today and yes i would recommend it to a lot of women.
Pros
help
Cons
stressful
Great organization but stressful job
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAOctober 26, 2017
Didi Hirsch does great work as a whole in the community. However, the job seems to be driven by numbers instead of client care. This is a very difficult job for therapists to keep up with quota expectations, and often the focus on quality client care becomes neglected. Coworkers are very nice and supportive but camaraderie seems to lack compared to other organizations I have worked with.
Didi hirsch
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2017
It was a great learning experience an introduction to the Administrative side of Mental Health. I consider it a privilege to have worked along side the team members and Therapists
Productive and fun outgoing work place
Outcome Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2017
Working at Didi Hirsch was a great experience where you get to interact with your coworkers and a professional and respectful way and always to learn something new in the process.
friendly people and healthy work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to get together for lunch for potluck .
colleagues are great
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAAugust 3, 2017
Community Mental health is not without it's downsides. At times Mental Health and Business will get along like sand and water. This is very evident in community mental health in Los Angeles
really good compny to work for and ger experience
Care Coordinator for AB109 Program (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 3, 2017
Great place to work with great people. You get a lot of experience as well as the company takes care of their employees. Great benefit package, vacation and sick time accrual.
Pros
job securirty
Cons
high expectations
fun place
MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 29, 2017
It was a good place to work. I was able to work with many people and learn from them every day. There was help for anyone if needed. They loved having a culture of helping.
Pros
the people
Cons
case load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services Reviews by Location