Didlake Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor management
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 19, 2019
Most managers at Didlake are inept. The have favoritism towards certain minorities. I would not recommend any facility with Didlake. Management is unprofessional.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Management. Poor treatment of employees.
Great place to work if your disabled
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 3, 2019
Pay is fair and the work is low stress. Managment can be difficult sometimes but the work is easy and job security is very high. I would recommend didlake for anyone who wants a job that is disabled and wants competitive pay
Pros
good benefits
Cons
managment has too many cooks
Good job
Cafe Manager / Job Coach (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 29, 2019
Would gather up items for that days jobs. Worked with disabled adults. Some where worse than others had to understand all the individual personalities. Management was a good fit, no problems. Working with difficult individuals that would tend to be hard to handle, but once they got to know you it was better. Worked as a job coach, finding jobs for the ones that were able to wok with the public.Then worked as a manager in small cafe at the Virginia Beach courthouse until it closed.
Pros
Good working conditions, good pay for the time
Cons
Working with people that treated employee's with disrspect
Didlake - A Great plate to work!
Asst. Facility Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 22, 2019
Didlake is a place to work, where your work day gives you a wonderful sense of accomplishment and purpose. The entire team is integrated and there to help each other.
Pros
Great Work-life balance
Cons
Structured hours
Great place to work and grow
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 11, 2019
Didlake cares about its employees and wants the best for them. Managers are open to staff and encourage growth. Excellent advancement and training opportunities.
Pros
Competitive salaries, managers are professional and encouraging to staff
We are treated unfair and its too much favortisim
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 6, 2019
I been working for this company for 8 years. I have been offered a promotion 3 times and all 3 times I have been screwed over. The management need to be replaced. The supervisor needs to be demoted to a janitor because she can't do her own job such as installing dispensers. They have us park at the Food Lion Parking lot and wait to be picked up by a van and threatened to write us up if we missed the van. In 2017 we were told that didlake purchased the lot next door and will have two new buildings and spaces for us to park and a few weeks ago they lied to us about the parking. Something needs to be done about this mistreatment this is a disability company but we are treated like we can move as regular people some of us can't move as fast as others.
Pros
Paid time off, holiday pay, and weekends off
Cons
Too much drama
Didlake portmouth dont do it!
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 15, 2019
This site and management sucks ! They treat people horribly and the management and the way they handle things are horrible. They dont help you with anything and they have team leads working for them who are rude and billergerent!
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Bad work enviroment
Excellent place to work
General mail clerk (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 13, 2019
I have worked at Didlake incorporated for 15 years and my regular work day with this company is very good due that managers do work with you.
I have learned to be a team player, how to be a problem solver in accomplishing tasks, being dedicated worker and take pride in the job that I do.
Workplace culture depends on your job position that you sign up but it's still a good company to work for due that you meet new,interesting and positive people.
Pros
Steady work schedule
Didlake
mower operator (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 3, 2019
The pay isn't really there you can't make a living off of it. management tends to be confused here and there. When you try to take a vacation or sick day management doesn't like it. The boss tennis to lose the checks / give it to someone else before reading the name on it
Pros
An hour lunch
Cons
Can't work on rainy days
competitive and comfortable
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 23, 2018
Everyday that I worked at Didlake they treat me with respect, The working skedule was in a good and steady pace. I had no trouble working with co-workers there.
Pros
had some snack machines
Cons
may be a bit warm
Good Job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 2, 2018
Didlake is a good employer and gave me a good job. NO worries at all. I have been employed there for four years and have had no problems. Management is great.
Employee's Don't Matter
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Carlisle Barracks, PAOctober 15, 2018
Money is the only thing that matters. HR President Doesn't care about how employee's are treated at facilities. Benefits are the minimum they can provide. But I'm sure that corporate benefits are not the same as rank & file employee's.
Pros
Cons
Benefits are a joke
Fun work place
Supervisor janitor cleaning (Former Employee) –  8641 breeding Avenue Manassas , VaSeptember 20, 2018
I learned by working with ,Didlake is people's with Different attuidesand that I was able to coach them, in a good manner.And my hardest part was making sure every employee was responsible to work on a Daily basic and we had picnics.and breaks.
Easy Job, very simple
Jr. AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 19, 2018
It was an easy job, not always busy or fast pace. I love working with my hands, so time passed by fast most days. Management was definitely a problem, due to unprofessionalism.
Fast pace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 18, 2018
The company doesn't treat their employees fair.Management & Human Resources was Horrible.Management didn't have a open door policy &always tried to intimate you if you spoke your mind.
Pros
You worked alone
Cons
They treated employees with disabilies bad
The CEO was great to work for. provided support for me as an individual and promoted team work and excellence in the work place.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 7, 2018
The CEO offered me and all the employees I worked with an opportunity to see life from another perspective and have fun while doing it. We jouneyed to Nationals Park and had an opportunity to hit a baseball and net all the Nationals players. it was a great team building and confidence building experience to work at DIDLAKE.
Pros
Supports in place for idividuals with diasbilities.
Cons
Harrassment was tolerated and supported by management
Not the best company
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 14, 2018
Decent pay and a lot of stress and no. Raises poor management and no real respect for employees and they take advantage of people with disabilities they don't want you asking questions
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
They take advantage of people with disabilities
Nice and relax
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJune 14, 2018
On a usual day I come in to work and just clean what I have to. No one is rushing, no one is telling me how to do things and the employees are nice to each other. I learned better communication skills by talking to the other employees. The manager is nice and friendly. We have a diverse culture of different people. There's nothing difficult about the job, just do what you got to do.
Pros
Relaxing job
Cons
short breaks and no health care
Didlake
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 7, 2018
Didlake helped provide me the skills I needed to progress my career in IT. The companies goal is to help provide opportunities for people with special needs.
working conditions are poor
Team Lead Worker (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 30, 2018
the second shift is overworked ,suggestions are not taken into consideration.Parking is a ten minute walk away from the main office. Only management is allowed to park at the office. Janitors have a dress code to always have the company logo visible on a tshirt provided even in inclement weather.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
no place to take a break for employees