Diebold Nixdorf Employee Reviews

Found 632 reviews matching the search See all 1,119 reviews
Poor Leadership & laziness
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILSeptember 15, 2018
This used to be a great company. Management lacks leadership, everything is politics, poor training, no room for growth, too much traveling, no raises (I can go all day). This is a terrible company and the techs culture is laziness. The manager is too emotional and lacks managerial skills. You get promoted if you're in the clique not for experience and ability to do the job. Their stock is very cheap just like their service. Glad I quit last year and found a better job that appreciate their employees.
Pros
Car, gas, healthcare
Cons
No room for growth, lacks leadership, no raises, damaging to your body, bad customer service and management.
Management made the whole atomosphere upsetting
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Green, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Management style is to degrade, demean and keep any creativity to a minimum. Neopotism is rampant, and to be recognized for a great job is rare. I went to HR, after going to 5 EAP sessions, to find out just how demeaning culture it was. They would use trees (like maybe 3 o4 ) to represent teams. Then everyones name was on a leaf on the tree. If you received an error, your leaf came off the tree, and went down to the bottom. It was like kindergarten.
Pros
Free parking, cafeteria on-site.
Cons
Told lies to employees to cause trouble
DieboldNixdorf is a great company to work, fabulous employees working for this company.
First Line Associate Technician (Current Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 10, 2018
DieboldNixdorf is a great company to work and the employees that Diebold hires are great. It’s a company you would love to retire in this company. This is one of the best company in the world.
Fast-paced and not your typical 9 to 5
SERVICE/FIELD TECHNICIAN (LEVEL 2) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2018
Not for everybody but my 18 years here has been enjoyable. It's fast and have to be able to quickly adapt to the changes in your work day. Multi-tasking is a must here.
Pros
Overall, I have had a lot of fun years working here. All of my coworkers and customers are great
Cons
Opportunity for advancement has been very limited
Poor management
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Poor management and lack of freedom. Micromanaged and work dumped on you from all avenues, along with being responsible for answering for problems that you have no control over.
a day at diebold
shipper (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHSeptember 3, 2018
my work day consists of doing my job and someone else job, low moral on the floor. The company just doesn't care, then how can I care. The hardest part is wanting to just walk out knowing I can't. I kinda need this job right now. Best part of the day is leaving.
Pros
going home and lunch.
Cons
bad moral, just bad.
The Sales Department operated with their hands tied by slow product development
Software Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 31, 2018
The Sales Department has operated with their hands tied by slow product development and poor focus on what customers really need. Products that were introduced to clients 3 years ago, that were critical to the company, were never completed. Though the company "vision" was very relevant to the market, Diebold has been late with the technology they have been advertising for years and their financial mistakes allowed competition to use the poor financial condition as a selling tool.

The company leadership has been mis-focused for years and badly needed changes that were committed to being corrected, turned out to be only lip service. Leaderships' answer to all their problems seems to be creating a state of constant, needless change. I personally had 7 bosses in 3 years, each boss more inept than the last. Diebold used to have a comprehensive training department to develop leaders but due to financial problems, steady cuts and the constant struggle to please shareholders, this valuable tool was cutt. In the last 2 years, the company has made some bold purchases of competitors that it could not afford and hedged the bet that the stock price would not drop as radically as it has. This again put Diebold in a tough spot and layoffs of quality people came again.

That said, there are many hard-working, dedicated and knowledgeable people there, the working environment, though constantly shadowed with financial trouble, is mostly positive.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Poor leadership with short-sighted goals
Competitive work environment
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 26, 2018
Techs are being sent to training to learn Diebold & Wincor ATMs. Fellow technicians are competitive but help each other to perform better. Vehicle, laptop, cellphone are provided by the company. Rotational weekend on call.
Stressful Living at Diebold
Assembler Custom Product (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 24, 2018
No communication especially with last minute changes. Not everyone gets to be on board. Their philosophy is that it is all about them and get used to it or has been mentioned in morning meetings "You know where the door is". It is a stressful place to work with so much overtime that morale stays at a bottom low. You feel if you have a problem you cannot really say anything because it seems to always be a "deal with it, sink or swim" idealology and they simply don't have time to hear your concern. There seems to be a knee jerk reaction to things with the management to "bandaid" a situation. They won't leave people already in place that do a great job and have a talent for it and then they panic when that person's job starts lacking because of pulling them. This is called "band aiding".
Pros
Money was good but had to sacrifice your livelihood to get it.
Cons
Mentioned in review
Constructive and Professional
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTAugust 19, 2018
A team oriented environment overall with leadership and support on getting the job(s) done. Education and schooling with an opportunity to enhance ones skill sets are a valuable commodity in any organization.

Pros
Resources
A once great company
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2018
Diebold built its reputation as a vault an safe manufacture (most notably during the Great Fire of Chicago). Over the years they have grown and acquired many other physical security companies.
Field Tech
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  WVAugust 16, 2018
Don't work here unless you are ok with hardly ever seeing your family/having time off.

Laptop/phone/wifi/vehicle/gas and expense cards provided. by corporate. Daily routine of traveling to customers sites, many times the same ones due to bad software etc. Days start at 7am. Rotating on call shift. Can be out to 2am or later. Little management support, learning how to do your job is entirely on you. There are crash courses held at corporate facilities, but they can only get you started. Lots of trial and error. Performance numbers heavily monitored and are entirely arbitrary in most cases. On PTO/sick leave/fmla expect phone calls regardless. Company is performing poorly in many aspects, failing stocks and the mass leavings of senior staff are all indicators. Not sure how this company retains business with its current practices that has been failing customers.
Pros
Factory Training, Benefits, A Job
Cons
Hours, Management, Factory Training, Extensive Travel, Unrealistic performance demands
I don't want to provide this information
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  not applicabelAugust 16, 2018
job is good.
job is fun.
job is hard at times.
job is not for everyone.
boss is good
I don't think this has any bearing
I really don't feel comfortable providing information.
Great company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 15, 2018
During my employment Diebold had unlimited resources to support the field and sales organization. I had several great managers to work with as well as a phenomenal mentoring program. I appreciated all the award trips I earned.
Pros
Internal and external support
Cons
Lost direction and focus following the verp
Summary
Contract Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 13, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at the organization. Clear message across the board. Absolutely loved the culture and the team I was part of made it an easy decision to move forward with them and accept an offer.

I was a contractor, the unsettling thing was I was supposed to be on a contract for 12 months and 6 months in due to a very poor Q2 they laid people off and cut contractors.
Diebold
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 10, 2018
I had a good experience working for Diebold

This was my first Field Service position. My co workers were very good helping me learn the ropes.

I would recommend it for anyone
Job description did not match what was discussed in interview
Supply Chain and Logistics analyst (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 8, 2018
Constant organizational change. Stock price is an indicator of current state. Turn over at all levels. Job description did not match what was discussed in interview
Productive workplace
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 31, 2018
Company was always focused on improving its customers' service capabilities through products, software offerings, or other service offerings. Company was also focused on customers' security.
Long hours and a lot of driving
ATM Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 25, 2018
Diebold is a great company with a lot of benefits. A lot of responsibility and could be paid better but they do have there advantages. They have company vehicle with gas card, phone and provide mostly everything
Pros
great company
Great company
Terminal and Site Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHJuly 25, 2018
Good company with excellent benefits. Workplace culture is very relaxed. I enjoyed working for Diebold. Diebold offers 401 percentage matching, and excellent medical coverage.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No room to advance