Diebold Nixdorf

Diebold Nixdorf Employee Reviews

Found 923 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,828 reviews

Diebold Nixdorf insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Loved my 40 years working there

Featured review

Diebold Nixdorf selected this as a representative review
Loved my 40 years at Diebold . Started as a technician and was promoted several times to engineering management. Diebold paid for my education. After plant closed I took a promotion up to corporate

Wouldn’t consider again

Dishonest representation of working conditions senior tech’s help junior techs but hold back vital information so as to hold great territory and dish the resr

Pros

National transfer opportunities

Cons

Limitless overtime

It could be better...

I'm rating the company as a whole, if you are a software engineer, you should be ok.The company has really taken a hit for the worse over the last 10 years and doesn't seem to be able to recoup the stock price it once commanded. When I was there, there were mass layoffs at least twice a year, and are constantly downsizing buildings.

Pros

Pay scale good for locale

Cons

future uncertain, layoffs, talent gone...

Don't Expect to Grow Unless You Are A Middle-Aged White Man

- Don't Expect to Grow Unless You Are A Middle-Aged White Man- Negotiate a HIGH Salary Going in Or You'll Regret It- Pay Raises are Almost Nonexistent Unless You Are An Executive- Great Benefits

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Don't Expect to Grow Unless You Are A Middle-Aged White Man, Negotiate a HIGH Salary Going in Or You'll Regret It, Pay Raises are Almost Nonexistent Unless You Are An Executive

Its a good interesting job that will never pay the bills

The pay doesn't match the experience or the danger level you face .The 3% yearly raise is pathetic If you want to work a starvation wage this place is for you .It used to have and offer a lot of perks but they were mostly taken away after the massive tax cut in 2017 The coworkers are good people and managers are fair .All in all Its Its a good place to learn then move on

Pros

Company car

Cons

too many to list

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Horrible

Horrible, manager very hostile, was allowed to do whatever he wanted with no repercussions, would never work there again, would never recommend anyone work there.

Good place

Good place To work overall good schedule for me at the time as well. Possibility to move up is good as well. I have not worked there in a lot time so things have probably changed

Not fun

I had no fun. Job was boring. Management didn’t care. Outsourced everyone and hired no one. I want out of this company. No raises for many years. New job needed.

Pros

People

Cons

Healthcare

ok company

This company is a shadow of what it used to be when I started years ago in 2001. Back then it was a GREAT company with GREAT leadershup. I think this is a common thread with most corporations but the staffing is minimal at best and most of the time a skeleton crew as 'normal' day to day operations. The job itself I enjoy doing. Management at this time is just fine but in the past have I have been micromanaged. The workplace culture is a constant reminder 'you are disposable' at best and can be readily replaced with a subcontractor. The most recent coup de etat is moving headquarters from North Canton, Ohio to Hudson, Ohio. For people travelling from the south this was tough news. A lot of people left the company after securing other employment and management did not care.

Pros

clear and straightforward workload, attainable goals

Cons

work holidays and weekends, lots of overtime to cover vacations which can ruin a whole summer real quick

Long Hours and constant threat of termination

When I worked for Diebold I started at a reasonable level of pay, but found that raises were few. This was attributed to my lack of specific training which they did not schedule for the first 1 1/2 years of my employment. I was constantly on-call and unable to take regular vacations. Additionally, if you voiced your concerns the manager would often say " if you don't like it, your are welcome to work somewhere else."The other techs were very good and did have a lot of tribal knowledge to offer and tried to help where management would not.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

No Breaks, constant on-call

Jobs at Diebold Nixdorf

See more jobs

Most of my team members were good to work with.

The pay was above average, but the lack of support from management, And the environment that you worked in was subpar! A lot of miscommunication between management and teams, made for a hard environment to work within! No direction at times, as well as not having the tools, or the equipment to get the job done.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No direction to facilitate a healthy work environment.

It's ok for the right type of person

Depending on where you work, advancement is near impossible. My team had a bunch of guys that had 20+ years in which meant I could not get promoted until one of them left. I tried transfers and was turned down, everything about corporate is SLOW, so anything that your immediate manager can't do on his own you'll be waiting months for. I put in 6 years as a field service tech and when I left I felt I had nothing to show for it. Managements hands are tied by corporate needs, the "budget" was consistently brought up. I would not go back, I seen a steep decline in work ethic and moral within the company in my time there. Pay was not fair for the job I performed in the area I lived. The lazy guys made the same money as the motivated ones, good workers did not get any incentive to keep working hard. It may be good for a younger person, but not a career company at all for FST's in my opinion.

Company Benefits

Company & Employee Benefits are excellent for those wanting to build for the present & future including extended education and opportunities for family & spouse.

Pros

Cons

Late Nights

Long hours bad pay

Long hours, management inadequate at best. Disassociated with employees, only want to please the boss above them, you can literally have five or six bosses at one time.

Cons

Good pay. Not a bad experience.

I enjoyed my relatively short time there. After coming from Jo-Ann Fabrics corporate office, Diebold felt like a walk in the park. At the time I was there the company was struggling with their stock and transitions. Hopefully things have improved in that regard.

Pros

AVI lunches, predictable day, overall relatively pleasant

Cons

No flex start times.

Ok place to work

The job is just ok. It's a job pretty much. There have been a lot of changes since I've been here, some good but most not so good. There is from what i have seen zero chance for advancement. A few people have quit and they have not replaced them leaving the dept short staffed. Management used to be great but like everything else has gone way, way downhill. I don't feel like there is anyone to really talk to about issues.

20+ years

It was great when I first started in the early 90s but then it changed dramatically after 2000. When I left it was a culture of distrust towards management, a feeling of gathering enough information to fire you at any time. They did have a great in house tech support and education program. Some of the benefits were the best in the industry. It is the management and local support that really made work unappreciated.

Pros

Use of vehicle for personal usage.

Cons

Management and we can fire you whenever we want

Very easy job but poor attitudes

Easy positions but poor attitudes with a high turn over rate. I wouldn't recommend to anyone that is experienced in factory . Rather those right out of High school looking for a new job.

Pros

On site cafe

Cons

People attitudes

Good place to start at

There were many benefits with this jobs like a free vehicle, a cell phone, a laptop, and flexible work schedule but the pay is not very competitive as compared to other companies. Pay raises were not given very often despite your best efforts. The work load is very demanding with a lot of traveling, and the on-call can be overwhelming working late every night and all weekend. Overall it is a good place to start out at and gain the training you need to start a career or find a better job.

Pros

Company vehicle and cell phone

Cons

No advancement

Diebold was a good company to work for years ago. Don't know how it is now. If your salary expect to work long hours and at home after leaving the office. That was the only issue I had. Great insurance & benefits.

Pros

Great Benefits

Enjoyable and hectic

I have been with Diebold for 5 yrs. I love my job as a field tech and love the diagnostics No real pressure on completing your calls. Lots of overtime. Home life is very low and this stresses the family do to the hours worked. I do on call rotation every other week!! Hard to take vacations and scheduled appts do to work load. Management can be very hard to deal with. There focus is the customer not the employee.

Pros

Work from home, no pressure, company provide all tools and vehicle

Cons

Long hours, no family time, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diebold Nixdorf. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Diebold Nixdorf with

• Diebold Nixdorf
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?