Play YouTube video button
57Below average

Diebold Nixdorf Employee Reviews

United States879 reviews
Featured review
Diebold Nixdorf selected this as a representative review
Loved my 40 years at Diebold . Started as a technician and was promoted several times to engineering management. Diebold paid for my education. After plant closed I took a promotion up to corporate
Diebold Nixdorf has had its struggles in recent years between layoffs and forced early retirements. The company struggles financially and that is felt in every sector. Between not hiring additional resources to support multiple solutions to running many solutions with teams consisting of 1-2 members. Every aspect of the company is short staffed and no one above seems to listen or care. There is a major disconnect between upper management and lower management including the grunt employees. Your lucky if you have the right tools for your job or you will need to be very quick to think of ways in which to use systems or tools for what they are not meant to be used for. Your consistently asked to perform work outside of your job description. Your expected to do this work without training or support from the company. Any requests are almost always denied.
Pros
Job, Paycheck
Cons
Healthcare, 401k, Raises(if any)
The place was clean and looked to educate it employees. But the only way to move up was bad mouth the other employees. They say family oriented but thats a total line on bs. Would not recommend anyone i know to work there.
Pros
Was a clean shop
Cons
Everyone will stab you to promote themelves
Horrible pay dont waste your time here,13 is top pay. Unless you wanna live in your parents basement for the rest of your life, or in a box under a bridge, then by all means take the job.
Pros
Good shift
Cons
Pay pay pay
I worked at Diebold for 21 years 1981 to 2003. From the one other post I have read which was a negative one, I see nothing has changed.
It was a good company when I started but management kept getting worse and worse until I finally wised up and quit. The whole ATM industry is the same, its almost like collusion between them. I would never suggest to anyone to work at Diebold or any other ATM service company. Long hours and poverty scale pay. The only way to make a living is to work outrageous overtime. It was that way 20 years ago and its even worse today.
Pros
independance
Cons
dangerous sites if in a metropolitan area
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Left company to move, no openings at new area moved to. Over all decent place work, fair pay. Mixed hours, ............
.............................
Never trust management at Diebold. The job is a great job and the fellow employees are great. The benefits are good but the stress combined with extremely horrible management makes for a very stressful workplace.
IF YOU GO TO HUMAN RESOURCES about being treated wrongly by a manager you will be laid-off and told your position is no longer necessary. I was there for approximately 1 month. Training....ya you watch someone click on buttons to do this this and this and when asked why this this and this was being done you are told to just do it. You will be thrown on a project and then yelled at if you make a mistak. MANAGEMENT IS COMPLETELY BRASH AND UNPROFESSIONAL. I have 2 masters degrees and in my 21 years as a professional never once have I been treated this way. The one instance that I asked for more training I was told by a manager that "they didn't care about my training and he was having system issues and really didn't again care" and then abruptly hung up on me. This was/is only a slight glimpse of how their management talks to their employees. Also, i was told by my other cohorts that this manager was suspended multiple other times for his unprofessional actions.
All the others did were complain all the time. The older people were so negative and the younger all the talked about was partying. I did not fit into either so i stood out. I was a temp and was told i would be hired in after a certain time, that was a bold faced lie. For the amount of work we were required to do the pay was way below fair and temps were treated like dirt. They also made us work holidays and mandatory weekends. Management was horrible and treated you like dirt too. I was elated when i got the call from my temp rep that i was being laid off after 9 months of busting butt and no future in sight.
The job moved to Ohio so I lost my job it was a good palce to work I started as a temp then I got hired mu supervisor was the reason I got hired I was there for 14 years the plant was in LEXINGTON I was there for 5 years then they move to Greensboro I then move there until they moved to Ohio my last day was December 27th 2019
DN is a great company. It has some struggles (financial), however, they do care about the associates. DN provided the opportunity for growth, travel, and the ability to work with cross functional teams.
Great and good just have to experience it great company lots of opportunities slot of lead way you have to experience it great to see it your self and I love working with other people and you have the opportunity to meet other people
First off the people who work at Diebold are good people with good intentions. But we all know the saying about good intentions. Simply DN needs better Leadership and invest in their employees.
Nice place to work if you like working on ATM's. Most likely supporting all bans in the USA so a lot of travel will be required of you. Get to work with great people most of the time.
management couldnt care less about me, i felt undervalued as a team contributor and there was no room for growth on the team i was a part of. I enjoyed my other co workers.
It's a good friendly work environment a lot of positive attitude attention to detail and good people to work around most people are very helpful and friendly and will also assist in the right way of getting your job.
Diebold used to be a premier company that made all of its employees feel included and important.

Ever since the company acquired its German competitor, the employees feel they are working for Germany and not the US. The current leadership is only interested in making the senior executives look good and care nothing about the staff that supports it.
Great employees but constant change in leadership and management with erratic decision making. No value on employee loyalty through constant changes. Very political environment/ corporate climbing based on who you know not on performance. Value outside new hires and pay more than to existing employees. Lack of direction and leadership and constant changes make employees feel disposable and they are.
Good company if you are looking for a long term commitment with little to no upward movement. Yearly raises based on performance. The best thing about the company is the technicians they hire, they are very helpful and encouraging. Not a great company for someone who enjoys moving up the corporate ladder.
My time at Diebold was one filled with big checks! The work was amazing to me because you got to see how something you use everyday was built and managed. The pay and benefits were great as well as the food sources you could acquire during lunch!
Pros
Great pay! Good hours
Cons
Flexibility isn’t a strong suit
Not much good to say about my employment as there was a lot of turnover and it felt like management did not know what they were doing. The best way to save money was cut jobs and pile more work on the remaining employees.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diebold Nixdorf. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight