Dierbergs Employee Reviews

Its a job
Deli/Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 5, 2018
Managers our great. Benefits and pay lack. Hardest part of the job is your on your feet for up to 8 hrs and u get 2 15 min breaks and your moving all the time it gets very painful. The best part is the people u work withl
Pros
great coworkers and managers
Cons
pay, hrs, and fast pace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  PharmacyJuly 27, 2018
Dierbergs definitely focused on helping their employees advance in the company as well as promoting excellent customer service. Management was very hit or miss depending on the store and location.
Nice but...
Sales/Cashier/ bakery associate (Current Employee) –  MissouriJuly 25, 2018
The culture of the company is pleasant but management is lacking when it comes to listening. the pay is poor for having one work three or more departments because of under staffing.
Enjoyable to relate with customers.
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed my job because I could help people and I could talk with people. The management were mostly helpful for those who needed it. Coworkers were nice and helpful. I learned a lot about cashiering and the many ways there are to check out people with different payment methods, etc. The hardest part of the job is the multiple shifts that changed every week. I felt as though I never knew what day it was.
Pros
Nice customers and job environment.
Cons
Multiple shifts ranging from early morning to late at night.
Good
Deli and Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 14, 2018
The job was great for a part-time employee that still lives with their parents. This did not pay enough for the amount of work. However, it is a pleasant atmosphere.
Great place to work at but needs help with scheduling
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 1, 2018
It is very easy job to do, but after two cashier managers who write schedules, it's strongly lacking. You don't get your maximum hours unless it's the holidays. The break schedules don't make sense and your hours could be really weird, like 5.75 hour shift for example. Other than that, GREAT people to work with and a FUN atmosphere.
Pros
Very Easy
Cons
Messy schedules
easy job and great coworkers
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, MOJune 28, 2018
Working at Dierbergs is generally pretty easy. Dealing with customers is the hardest part. I don't know if it's because of the area it's in, but some of the customers are really difficult. Other than that, it's a simple job and I love my coworkers and I feel as though I am a part of a community. I have made long lasting friendships with people at my job there.
Pros
great coworkers, simple tasks
Do not make this mistake!
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 26, 2018
Seems like every other week someone is leaving or getting “let go”. Accounting professionals, if you’re truly professional this place is not for you. Management will treat you terribly, talk poorly about you when they believe you’ve left for the day and the “teamwork” meetings, management talks a good game but they don’t practice at all what they preach. Shady, greedy, and clickish. This is not a professional place to work. Terrible idea! Keep looking, you will do much better!
Pros
Coworkers who bond over the terrible management.
Cons
Deceitful, materialistic, and raises based on who they like the most
Fun Place to work
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 14, 2018
Managers are super nice, fun to work around
Load days are pretty easy to work
Friendly customers
Very good deli food
Managers actually have a heart and care about you
Busy store but unforgettable experiences
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2018
I have been there for 6.5 years and there has been quite the turnover in both management and employees. The most enjoyable aspect is the co-workers as we bond pretty well over the flow of the day. The communication between staff and management could be better though.
Dierbergs
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
Dierbergs was a great environment to work in. Coworkers were great, management was helpful, just all around great job. Nice benefits including reduced price foods for employees.
Dierbegs
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOMay 21, 2018
Dierbergs in Arnold is one of the cleanest stores and most of the people are excellent and work hard. Employers do get discounts on occasion; however some items can be expensive for lunch, but the deal isle usually makes up for this. The customers can vary and just like any store, there are friendly customers and the unfriendly customers. Overall, I liked the Dierbergs experience.
Pros
Discounts, Healthcare Option
Cons
Lunch can sometimes be pricey
Promotional opportunites
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 29, 2018
The job offered good advancement to a certain level and then it became a waiting game which is why I left. The job is fast paced and the benefits are incredible. The hours are awful but that's part of the deal with retail.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hours are all over the place
Reasonably good place to work with a variety of people & problems
Assistant Manager, Deli Department (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 26, 2018
Customers always come first! That means your day can be filled with both good and bad experiences. The biggest problems, however, relate to lack of staffing and organization. Limited cross-training to assist in completing many of the daily tasks in busy departments leaves little time for planning and innovating.
Pros
Clean, safe environment
Cons
Constantly changing work hours, diminishing pay in light of inflation.
Productive place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 5, 2018
I obtained more experience and learned about cold and hot zones to prepare foods. I learned a lot from my supervisors and co-workers. Learning how to cut and package meat is added experience. A positive attitude is a must when working on teams.
Pros
Workers Recognition
Cons
Worker and Employer collaboration
Fun place to work. Fellow employees and customers were the best!
WEST DIVISIONAL RECRUITER, TRAINER, CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Dierbergs. Completed a master's degree and wanted to use that education towards a meaningful career. While at Dierbergs I also was a recruiter and trainer. I was a volunteer life coach and involved in charities important to Dierbergs, The American Heart Association and United Way. It was a wonderful experience coming from a corporate background.
Pros
Food during holidays we worked, discounts on groceries.
Cons
Low pay and for some, hard to get promoted.
Company vision is not what it used to be
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 29, 2018
This company used to pride itself on being the leader in Customer service. Management is constantly moving and some advancements and career moves were not in the best interest of the employees. A lot of long term Career professionals have left the company, from the Corporate office on down. That says alot about who is in the drivers seat at the office. The direction went from positive to negative.
Pros
Competitive pay, friendly
Cons
Management has a revolving door/ changes in company direction
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 28, 2018
Working at Dierbergs was horrible. No advancment opportunities, little raise in pay, constantly belittled by managers, managers play favorites with other employees. Managers often times would not help to improve customer experience. Store directors ignore any complaints you have about other managers.The only enjoyable part of work was other employees.
Pros
food on holidays, healthcare after a year of employment
Cons
Managment, Hours worked, no advancment
I like the people I work with
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOMarch 21, 2018
Most of the time it is a very fast paced day. I have never worked in a deli before so that was all new. Our manager is great and will work with you the best she can
Pros
Fun job
Cons
No room for advancement
Deli/seafood
Curtesy and Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOMarch 16, 2018
Very quick paced.
Needs higher pay.
Very happy go lucky place to work.
Very good for a first time job.
Easy to make friends with co-workers and customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dierbergs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight