Dierbergs Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2019
You are treated very poorly. When you question why things are done a certain way, you are told because that's how we do it. Very short staffed and low labor allotments. Unless you are hired as management, you will only receive part time, no benefits. They don't like to transfer people out of certain departments.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Everything else
Poor department managers - self centered
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2019
I worked at the Mackenzie Pointe location just shy of 5 years. Tried on several occasions to advance with the company. Never happened. I worked in the deli and the current deli manager is the worst I ever worked for always in a bad mood and made the job dreadfully awful.
Pros
Union protection
Cons
Poor management
Weekly Paycheck.....
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOMay 9, 2019
Some managers talk to employees as if this is your last resort of working because of the current job market. Store Directors aren't always honest in keeping conversations confidential. Like most managers, personal information ALWAYS surface unexpectedly.
Pros
Weekky Check
Cons
Many
poor management
Meat Cutter/Clerk (Current Employee) –  wildwood MOApril 30, 2019
working in meat health department comes in tells me the cutter to move table and the manager says dont do it just make more work for us table is where customers can see
Pros
Cons
lazy and easy place to work easy money
Fast Paced Grocery Store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 14, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Dierbergs. I enjoy working with customers and made may friends while I worked there. Very fast paced during holidays and weekends.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, MOApril 12, 2019
They are not truly friendly here and long hours and if you want to change your hours they won't let you change your hours if it don't benefit them they are selfish cuz they won't let you change your hours and time
Pros
Good benefits paid weekly
Cons
Long hours won't change your hours or time
long hours, little appreciation
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 28, 2019
Dierbergs saying for employees is to grow everyday. However, there is very little done to promote this after your initial training. Most days are spent with a high demand of quality, production, and service yet very little is appreciated for the hard working employees that strive to meet these unobtainable demands. This is a family run business in a small market and it is treated as such from the top down. Loyalty and longevity are rewarded where new innovations and creativity are met with obstacles. Overall, I do not see there business model being able to continue in todays changing environment with new competition in the area as well as a changing demographics.
Very stressful and laughable "benefits"
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 25, 2019
Constantly micromanaged
Way to fast-paced
Unrealistic expectations for workers
Benefits aren't received until 14 months of employment
Incompetent management
Pros
N/a
Cons
Terrible benefits
Loyalty
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMarch 19, 2019
I have worked at Dierbergs for over three years and have learned a lot from how to deal with angry customers to operating machinery. I enjoy the atmosphere and the work that I do. Although, I would like to explore other oppurtunites.
Fun workplace that teaches customer service skills.
Courtesy Clerk, Cashier, Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOMarch 13, 2019
Dierbergs was a great job for me, as it was the first job I ever had. I learned a lot here, gained friends and mentors, and gained much experience in a professional setting.
Freezer extremely cold
PM Packer Salad Line (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2019
I will prepare sandwiches and salads for daily ordering shipping to stores throughout metropolitan area in Saint Louis and near by communities to ensure deliveries.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Freezer
Dierbergs
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOFebruary 14, 2019
This is a good place to work if you’re a teenager or retired person looking for a few hours. If you want to advance in the company good luck ..........
Dierbergs was a great opportunity for me.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2019
There is considerable opportunity for career advancement. Dierbergs provides a career development program for those interested in promotions. There are multiple locations to choose from which gives one some very convenient options to reduce travel time.
Pros
Great benefits and competitive pay.
Cons
Hours vary for management
Overall enjoyable
Deli Clerk (Delicatessen Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 5, 2019
A nice place to work. Good people, healthful environment. A typical day includes slicing meats to customer specs, Preparation of deli items, preparing catering orders.
Pros
Discounts, Supervisor
Cons
Low Pay, Corporate Centered Culture
Keep the lights on, job.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 27, 2019
No work life balance. Hours vary daily regardless of hourly schedule. Work schedule changes weekly days and hours. Pay is sub standard and there are no benefits at all for the first 14 months, yet you pay union dues for those benefits.
Pros
Cons
Just a job to keep the lights on until you get your dream job.
Decent work environment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJanuary 27, 2019
Decent work environment Specifically maintenance clerk there is not much to do you literally have to do a deep deep search to find something to do for an 8-hour shift maintenance is mainly trash toilet cleaning and maintaining throughout the day and you sit and wait for spills. But at my location, once we get everything done bathrooms vacuuming etc which takes about 3 hours if you can stretch it you have 5 hours of nothing to do lol and …
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Part-time and Union dues
Easy and always hiring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2019
A great job if your just getting into the workforce. Fun environment for the most part and very fast paced so your shift goes by fast. The pay isn't that great and it takes a lot of hours before you get sick time or vacation. Also they don't hire for full time positions.
Need better values
Produce (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 27, 2019
I worked at Dierbergs for almost 3 years. Co-workers were very nice and helpful. I worked in a lot of departments while there and learned a lot. They make it seem like a great company to work for but have really lost there values. There is NO advancement opportunities and other employees are unhappy to be there. Your union, so you pay union dues and the union don't do ANYTHING for you. Very good health insurance. The family only comes once a year to make sure everyone is "happy". Core managers would come and go like night and day. All I have to say for this company is that they need to look into there values more and was very misguided during orientation on how it was such a great company to work for. Truly Sad!
Do not work here
Deli Clerk, full-time cook (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2019
I worked for dierbergs for over four years. I worked as a lead cook at one of the locations and worked 40+ hours a week. They felt that that type of commitment and effort was worth $10.45/hr. They don't give employees discounts and they don't allow their employees to accept tips; as if they weren't underpaid already. I discourage anyone who is thinking about applying for this job
Pros
Making connections with more people
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits and being a part of a union
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2019
Good people the hours are flexible I would like to work the Again maybe as led I'm more than willing all of the staff are good company to keep around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dierbergs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight