Dierbergs Employee Reviews in Bridgeton, MO

Very stressful and laughable "benefits"
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 25, 2019
Constantly micromanaged
Way to fast-paced
Unrealistic expectations for workers
Benefits aren't received until 14 months of employment
Incompetent management
Pros
N/a
Cons
Terrible benefits
Keep the lights on, job.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 27, 2019
No work life balance. Hours vary daily regardless of hourly schedule. Work schedule changes weekly days and hours. Pay is sub standard and there are no benefits at all for the first 14 months, yet you pay union dues for those benefits.
Pros
Cons
Just a job to keep the lights on until you get your dream job.
Hoping for a promotion
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 11, 2018
I currently work at Dierbergs Central kitchen in Bridgeton. Each day is fast paced and cold. I appreciate all my coworkers because each day we all work hard. I have only been there for three months but in those three months I can sincerely say I've worked really hard. The turnover rate is tremendous in my three months I've seen numerous of people come and go. I just hope they really recognize hard work and promote Within.
Pros
Easy work and weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks dont get benefits until after a year of employment, turnover rate is very high
Productive place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 5, 2018
I obtained more experience and learned about cold and hot zones to prepare foods. I learned a lot from my supervisors and co-workers. Learning how to cut and package meat is added experience. A positive attitude is a must when working on teams.
Pros
Workers Recognition
Cons
Worker and Employer collaboration
Not worth it
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 12, 2018
They only list you as a part time employee even though you work 40+ hours a week. No room for advancement. Benefits after 13+ months. No match on 401k. Treat you like your expendable. Talk to you like your less than human. No compassion for you what so ever. Racially motivated job. Little to no people of color in management. The max pay is around $13 per hour takes over 5 years to achieve that.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
everything else
Poor Management!!!
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MODecember 31, 2017
The job itself is not hard at all, but the management is terrible. I would not recommend this job to anyone and the hours are hit and miss. Basically you work until the job is complete. If the numbers are low you go home super early but if the numbers are high you stay longer until the work is complete. You also have to make sure that you bundle up because you are working in 36 degrees. The breaks are short you don’t get your full 15 or 30 minute break because you have to make sure that you punch back in on time and not a minute late. Another funny thing is if you put in your two weeks they offer you more money to stay but it’s literally only probably 1 dollar. Again I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication, short breaks
acceptable place to work
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MODecember 18, 2017
Its is just that. Acceptable. If you can deal with poor management then its alright i assume. Im not to happy with the way they treat their employees.
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks
its a job
ASST MANAGER SHPPING (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 13, 2017
cant stay staffed effectively, working with no proper training and high demand for working overtime , no room for advancement or merit advancements for hard work and dedication.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
repetive
Not a fun place to work at all
Warehouse Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJune 7, 2017
Not a great place to work really and it has a very high turnover rate they don't work with you at all and they will suspend you for just about any little thing i would steer clear from this place unless you wanna be treated unfairly and underpaid in my opinion
College Student
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MODecember 30, 2016
The job is best for someone looking to get with a company and never leave for the rest of your life. Management is hit and miss depending on who you are dealing with ! Employees are lazy and incompetent ! Overall the job is decent just not for an ongoing college student !
Pros
Cool in the Summer
Cons
Everything else
How I feel about the job.
Assembly Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 3, 2016
They need to communicate with there workers more. Get organized more. To me there wasn't no hard part but the part I didn't like was that they didn't keep us up to speed with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Cons
Need organization
good place to work
Shipping Cooler Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJune 24, 2016
Never bored always busy. It was a cold environment.Management could have been better. Coworkers were great always pitched in
Pros
new working experience
Cons
cold environment
Job review
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 2, 2015
Needs better pay. Home life is nonexistent. Work until done. Job culture is the overall part of benefits from this employment.
Pros
compensation
Cons
hours
production
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 10, 2015
I love working with food, I was a mixer of different ingredients, I learned how to prepare and make different types of foods, I learned customer services skills, and I loved my job. the benefits weren't that good but other than that my job was awesome
Pros
working
Cons
short notice of everything
the vending machines and the televisions.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 5, 2013
i work in the sanitation department. My job is to clean the whole building inside and out.The managers are not willing to help with anything. Instead, they"re always looking for something wrong. co-workers gossip all day, use drugs on the premises, and alcohol including managers. Its a disgrace!
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
no sick days, no free food..no recognition for hard work.
10 thumbs down
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 21, 2013
the worse job i ever had . if i didnt have fun kids id run for the hills . bad pay , 14 months for benefits, horrible co workers and untrained managment. i hate this place ...SAVE ME !!!
Pros
easy job
Cons
short breaks, bad pay bad pay, 14 months for benefits, horrible co workers and untrained managment, bad pay, bad pay .
productive work place, easy job
Production/AM Packaging (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 29, 2012
I learn alot about food production, different recipes, the way packaging of food should be handled, quality of food desired for the best results of food going to the store. Typical day consist of being on the line and packaging food so that it is appealing to the eye at the stores. My co-workers are all easy going. The hardest part of the job is the cold, it's 30 degrees or colder.
Pros
knowledge of food prep
Cons
pay and benefits