Dierbergs Employee Reviews in St. Louis, MO

Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2019
Really nice an productive place to work jus no room for advancement because not many positions to be filled in the produce warehouse but over all it’s an nice place to work
the managers were amazing and my coworkers were amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2019
I loved working at Dierbergs. The managers were amazing and my coworkers were amazing too. The hours were not very predictable but they always tried to understand and work around your schedule and get you the hours you wanted/needed
Pros
good work environment
Cons
unpredictable hours
Not a fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2019
You are treated very poorly. When you question why things are done a certain way, you are told because that's how we do it. Very short staffed and low labor allotments. Unless you are hired as management, you will only receive part time, no benefits. They don't like to transfer people out of certain departments.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Everything else
Poor department managers - self centered
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2019
I worked at the Mackenzie Pointe location just shy of 5 years. Tried on several occasions to advance with the company. Never happened. I worked in the deli and the current deli manager is the worst I ever worked for always in a bad mood and made the job dreadfully awful.
Pros
Union protection
Cons
Poor management
Fast Paced Grocery Store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 14, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Dierbergs. I enjoy working with customers and made may friends while I worked there. Very fast paced during holidays and weekends.
long hours, little appreciation
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 28, 2019
Dierbergs saying for employees is to grow everyday. However, there is very little done to promote this after your initial training. Most days are spent with a high demand of quality, production, and service yet very little is appreciated for the hard working employees that strive to meet these unobtainable demands. This is a family run business in a small market and it is treated as such from the top down. Loyalty and longevity are rewarded where new innovations and creativity are met with obstacles. Overall, I do not see there business model being able to continue in todays changing environment with new competition in the area as well as a changing demographics.
Dierbergs was a great opportunity for me.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2019
There is considerable opportunity for career advancement. Dierbergs provides a career development program for those interested in promotions. There are multiple locations to choose from which gives one some very convenient options to reduce travel time.
Pros
Great benefits and competitive pay.
Cons
Hours vary for management
Easy and always hiring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2019
A great job if your just getting into the workforce. Fun environment for the most part and very fast paced so your shift goes by fast. The pay isn't that great and it takes a lot of hours before you get sick time or vacation. Also they don't hire for full time positions.
Do not work here
Deli Clerk, full-time cook (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2019
I worked for dierbergs for over four years. I worked as a lead cook at one of the locations and worked 40+ hours a week. They felt that that type of commitment and effort was worth $10.45/hr. They don't give employees discounts and they don't allow their employees to accept tips; as if they weren't underpaid already. I discourage anyone who is thinking about applying for this job
Pros
Making connections with more people
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits and being a part of a union
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2019
Good people the hours are flexible I would like to work the Again maybe as led I'm more than willing all of the staff are good company to keep around
N/a
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 30, 2018
This job was very quick paced as we had to get things done in a timely manner. This job could get a little overwhelming at times but I managed and got through it.
working there is horrible .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  west oak, st louis moDecember 2, 2018
poor management the location i was picked to work at very racist , rude angry people in and out everyday all day . most of the time it was the employees not the customers
Its a decent first job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2018
I personally wouldnt recommend it. But it is an ok job if you are just starting out like i was. I didnt like my manager, nor any of the people. It was simply a paycheck
Good first job
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2018
This was my first job as a high school student and I stayed for almost for years because of their willingness to work with students. I was allowed to stay employed while away at school and worked when I came home
Dierbergs
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2018
Dierberg is a good place to work ;the culture is supportive of students. I enjoyed working with the customers and learning the about the grocery industry.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Too few hours available
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2018
\bag groceries and bring in carts
how to properly bag groceries/better people skills
currently poor management
boring
bagging-I do not like standing still
carts
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive work environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2018
I loved this place. It really was the best job. If i didn’t go to college i would definitely still be there. The management didn’t just sit and order us around. They helped and showed us. The company really has some great leadership
Don't go here
Production Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2018
Your better off working at Walmart . Work your tail off and little little little little pay. Micro managed and they catter to bad behavior, you will actually get promoted if you are a bad employee.
Pros
Money
Cons
Bad culture. Nobody wants to work. Play Play Play. Its like a night club. Drug dealing and fighting.
Busy store but unforgettable experiences
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2018
I have been there for 6.5 years and there has been quite the turnover in both management and employees. The most enjoyable aspect is the co-workers as we bond pretty well over the flow of the day. The communication between staff and management could be better though.
Dierbergs
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
Dierbergs was a great environment to work in. Coworkers were great, management was helpful, just all around great job. Nice benefits including reduced price foods for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dierbergs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight