Dierbergs Employee Reviews for Cashier

Easy and always hiring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2019
A great job if your just getting into the workforce. Fun environment for the most part and very fast paced so your shift goes by fast. The pay isn't that great and it takes a lot of hours before you get sick time or vacation. Also they don't hire for full time positions.
Great place to work, very clean, great coworkers, bad management
CASHIER/U-SCAN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MOJanuary 4, 2019
I loved working here when I worked here. The coworkers were great, flexible hours, not that great of pay, but they do like to keep their workers around if possible which I liked a lot.
working there is horrible .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  west oak, st louis moDecember 2, 2018
poor management the location i was picked to work at very racist , rude angry people in and out everyday all day . most of the time it was the employees not the customers
Horrible Prejudice Place To Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MONovember 8, 2018
The customers & employees are awesome!! Management is horrible & shows favoritism!!
Management is lazy & their appearance & hygiene is disgusting except ira. The store in des peres stays trashed & dirty like management.
Pros
Really none
Cons
Low pay, snooty attitudes from MANAGEMENT not customers
No room for career advancement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cottleville, MOSeptember 14, 2018
This company makes go through this process known as CDC or career development center. Its something that you have to do in order to get into management. So I did the cdc process and I had two interviews at the corporate office. I was supposed to start my managerial training after the holidays back in 2017. But I never started my training, not even once. I even mentioned this to my store director and still nothing happened. Clearly this company does not want anyone to advance their career. They would rather you stay at one position and never get to leave.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
no career advancement
Great place to work at but needs help with scheduling
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 1, 2018
It is very easy job to do, but after two cashier managers who write schedules, it's strongly lacking. You don't get your maximum hours unless it's the holidays. The break schedules don't make sense and your hours could be really weird, like 5.75 hour shift for example. Other than that, GREAT people to work with and a FUN atmosphere.
Pros
Very Easy
Cons
Messy schedules
Busy store but unforgettable experiences
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2018
I have been there for 6.5 years and there has been quite the turnover in both management and employees. The most enjoyable aspect is the co-workers as we bond pretty well over the flow of the day. The communication between staff and management could be better though.
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 28, 2018
Working at Dierbergs was horrible. No advancment opportunities, little raise in pay, constantly belittled by managers, managers play favorites with other employees. Managers often times would not help to improve customer experience. Store directors ignore any complaints you have about other managers.The only enjoyable part of work was other employees.
Pros
food on holidays, healthcare after a year of employment
Cons
Managment, Hours worked, no advancment
you can advance in the company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 18, 2017
I liked actually working as a cashier here. I met a lot of different people. The time always seemed to go by quickly. The things I did not like were that you did not count your drawer nor did you have the same one all day. And there was only weekly schedules.
Pros
meet a lot of nice people
Cons
not enough advance notice of schedule
Relaxing, good managers
Cashier/ Floral Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILOctober 23, 2017
Typical part time shift was four to eight hours long. I learned a lot about customer service being in floral and being a cashier. Flexible hours. They work with you around school schedules.
Good part-time job
Cashier, Self - Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 15, 2017
Good part-time job for students, stay at home moms, retirees and the like. Flexible hours, low wages and union dues. Friendly customers, fresh food and clean stores. Great deals and discounts in the deal isle. Customer Service is a priority. Helpful managers and some nice co-workers.
Pros
Hiring Bonuses, weekly paychecks, and discounted food for employees.
Cons
Put simply, some employees with tenure kill productivity, and ultimately tenure kills culture.
Not bad but not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2017
The job itself wasn't that complicated, but the hours being inconsistent is what made me leave. It's a standard entry level position but you see no real chances for career advancement.
Productive and Fun workplace with extremely friendly people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 2, 2017
My time at Dierbergs was actually a blast, working in a grocery store isn't always the greatest job, but at least Dierbergs made it amazing with its positive attitude towards everything, and the friendly employees who worked their.
Pros
15 minute breaks every 2 hours.
Cons
Low paying in the beginning.
Good company to work for
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 21, 2017
I worked for this company briefly before going off to school. Training was great with not too intense instructions and easygoing people. I'd recommend this job for someone not planning on moving out of the city any time soon.
Great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, MOOctober 4, 2016
Dierbergs is a top notch company, I enjoyed my time there. The people and the management staff are great. Had I been receiving more hours I would have stayed.
Pros
Management, customers
Cons
pay
Slow paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shiloh, ILSeptember 9, 2016
This grocery store caters to old-school customers looking for an old-schooled grocery store experience. The products on shelf are typically top of the line brand names. The majority of the customers are loyal and like to engage in everyday conversation.
Pros
Occasionally management provided staff with free snacks
Cons
Inability to move up (I thought I was going to be a cashier there forever)
Fun work place and workers are very helpful with information I do not know.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, ILSeptember 6, 2016
If I do not know where something is or how to do something with the register the other employees are very helpful. It is a nice environment and very easy to catch on fast.
Pros
15 mins paid breaks every shift.
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2016
They have a nice work environment they make training easy to understand and the managers are nice great customers and a good learning experience.
A typical day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MODecember 1, 2015
I enjoy working in this area just because im surround by alot of other people and different ages without the company. I enjoy getting to know everyone and mostly all of us working together to get our job done and the customers happy and wanting to come back to the store to shop.
Pros
30 min lunch breaks
Cons
Short breaks 15 mins
Great place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
It was good place to work at with good colleagues and learning from them. Friendly customers with fast pace. There was a lot of variety in what i did each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dierbergs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight