Dierbergs Employee Reviews

Its a decent first job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2018
I personally wouldnt recommend it. But it is an ok job if you are just starting out like i was. I didnt like my manager, nor any of the people. It was simply a paycheck
Horrible Prejudice Place To Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MONovember 8, 2018
The customers & employees are awesome!! Management is horrible & shows favoritism!!
Management is lazy & their appearance & hygiene is disgusting except ira. The store in des peres stays trashed & dirty like management.
Pros
Really none
Cons
Low pay, snooty attitudes from MANAGEMENT not customers
Good first job but not a permanant job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOOctober 22, 2018
It was an alright job with an okay pay rate($9 an hour). The one thing that turned me away from this job was the lack of hours that I started to receive from my managers. This caused me to acquire a second job to make ends meet and pay my bills.
Good first job
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2018
This was my first job as a high school student and I stayed for almost for years because of their willingness to work with students. I was allowed to stay employed while away at school and worked when I came home
Nice people there, but awful positions.
Courtesy Clerk/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Oakville, MOOctober 12, 2018
I worked my butt off for 2 years through scorching heat and stressful conditions just for $8 and hour and for maybe 12 hours a week but the people there were nice, so there's that.
Pros
majorly reduced prices in dierberg's freezer.
Cons
health care sucks, no sick days given, will give you the maintenance position before anything else.
Productive and fun place to work.
CASHIER, CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOSeptember 27, 2018
I started out as a cashier. I trained for the courtesy counter,floral and uscan. I trained for the front end as well, my tasks were doing voids assisting customers, as well as cashiers, if help was needed.

The courtesy counter was 100 percent customer service, plus multi-tasking several other job activities, such as, counting the cashiers tills and balancing, as well as handing out tills and either opening or closing the courtesy counter. I had a large bank so that I could help customers and cashiers if the cashiers needed a loan. The lottery was part of the courtesy counter as well as cigarettes, stamps, and high end liquor.
I filed all of the paperwork , and balancing of the front end.
Pros
Loved the fast pace of the courtesy counter and the responsibilities.
Cons
No cons, I loved my job.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOSeptember 23, 2018
Dierbergs is a great place to work. It has a fun, friendly environment and great benefits. There are many opportunities in the company from associate positions to leadership positions.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
working nights and weekends
No room for career advancement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cottleville, MOSeptember 14, 2018
This company makes go through this process known as CDC or career development center. Its something that you have to do in order to get into management. So I did the cdc process and I had two interviews at the corporate office. I was supposed to start my managerial training after the holidays back in 2017. But I never started my training, not even once. I even mentioned this to my store director and still nothing happened. Clearly this company does not want anyone to advance their career. They would rather you stay at one position and never get to leave.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
no career advancement
Dierbergs
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2018
Dierberg is a good place to work ;the culture is supportive of students. I enjoyed working with the customers and learning the about the grocery industry.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Too few hours available
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2018
\bag groceries and bring in carts
how to properly bag groceries/better people skills
currently poor management
boring
bagging-I do not like standing still
carts
Pros
na
Cons
na
A typical work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOAugust 22, 2018
Was very high paced especially during the holiday seasons. Overall Dierbergs is a great place to work for part time students that are in college or HS.
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILAugust 22, 2018
Whether you are working a second job here or full time it is a fairly easy-going place of employment. Customers are nice and coworkers are easy to get along with.
Dierberg's is quite busy but had enjoyable and hardworking associates
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 12, 2018
Dierberg's Markets is a quick paced job with knowledgeable and kind associates. From the management to associates to even the customers, many are kind and understanding. I would recommend working here to a friend.
Pros
Unionized, Decent break times
Cons
Limited hours
Productive work environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2018
I loved this place. It really was the best job. If i didn’t go to college i would definitely still be there. The management didn’t just sit and order us around. They helped and showed us. The company really has some great leadership
Its a job
Deli/Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 5, 2018
Managers our great. Benefits and pay lack. Hardest part of the job is your on your feet for up to 8 hrs and u get 2 15 min breaks and your moving all the time it gets very painful. The best part is the people u work withl
Pros
great coworkers and managers
Cons
pay, hrs, and fast pace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  PharmacyJuly 27, 2018
Dierbergs definitely focused on helping their employees advance in the company as well as promoting excellent customer service. Management was very hit or miss depending on the store and location.
Nice but...
Sales/Cashier/ bakery associate (Current Employee) –  MissouriJuly 25, 2018
The culture of the company is pleasant but management is lacking when it comes to listening. the pay is poor for having one work three or more departments because of under staffing.
Enjoyable to relate with customers.
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed my job because I could help people and I could talk with people. The management were mostly helpful for those who needed it. Coworkers were nice and helpful. I learned a lot about cashiering and the many ways there are to check out people with different payment methods, etc. The hardest part of the job is the multiple shifts that changed every week. I felt as though I never knew what day it was.
Pros
Nice customers and job environment.
Cons
Multiple shifts ranging from early morning to late at night.
Don't go here
Production Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2018
Your better off working at Walmart . Work your tail off and little little little little pay. Micro managed and they catter to bad behavior, you will actually get promoted if you are a bad employee.
Pros
Money
Cons
Bad culture. Nobody wants to work. Play Play Play. Its like a night club. Drug dealing and fighting.
Good
Deli and Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 14, 2018
The job was great for a part-time employee that still lives with their parents. This did not pay enough for the amount of work. However, it is a pleasant atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dierbergs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight