Dierbergs Employee Reviews

Inconsistent
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 4, 2018
Managers are never on the same page and shifts are random. Employees often find themselves struggling to identify who they should report to. Departments don't associate with each other. I found myself feeling isolated, even when surrounded by other employees.
Pros
Union job, easy hire, easy training
Cons
Inconsistent management, inconsistent breaks
Great place to work at but needs help with scheduling
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 1, 2018
It is very easy job to do, but after two cashier managers who write schedules, it's strongly lacking. You don't get your maximum hours unless it's the holidays. The break schedules don't make sense and your hours could be really weird, like 5.75 hour shift for example. Other than that, GREAT people to work with and a FUN atmosphere.
Pros
Very Easy
Cons
Messy schedules
easy job and great coworkers
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, MOJune 28, 2018
Working at Dierbergs is generally pretty easy. Dealing with customers is the hardest part. I don't know if it's because of the area it's in, but some of the customers are really difficult. Other than that, it's a simple job and I love my coworkers and I feel as though I am a part of a community. I have made long lasting friendships with people at my job there.
Pros
great coworkers, simple tasks
Fast pace fun with great people
Nonfood manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 27, 2018
Fast paced, happy environment. Flexible with hours. Fun associates and management. Team atmosphere enhances the experience. Benefits after 1 year of employment.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Fast paced. Hours change seasonal
Do not make this mistake!
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 26, 2018
Seems like every other week someone is leaving or getting “let go”. Accounting professionals, if you’re truly professional this place is not for you. Management will treat you terribly, talk poorly about you when they believe you’ve left for the day and the “teamwork” meetings, management talks a good game but they don’t practice at all what they preach. Shady, greedy, and clickish. This is not a professional place to work. Terrible idea! Keep looking, you will do much better!
Pros
Coworkers who bond over the terrible management.
Cons
Deceitful, materialistic, and raises based on who they like the most
Fun Place to work
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 14, 2018
Managers are super nice, fun to work around
Load days are pretty easy to work
Friendly customers
Very good deli food
Managers actually have a heart and care about you
Busy store but unforgettable experiences
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2018
I have been there for 6.5 years and there has been quite the turnover in both management and employees. The most enjoyable aspect is the co-workers as we bond pretty well over the flow of the day. The communication between staff and management could be better though.
Great
Cashier Trainer (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 4, 2018
It’s was cool, great place management could be rude at times fast paced, training is ok, seniority rules and the hot food is great! Schedules normally works but it’s very strict can’t be late.
It's a decent place.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 1, 2018
this is a fast paced environment making mass quantities of food. Must be able to follow directions, work solo, as well as be a team player or this isn't the job for you.
Dierbergs
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
Dierbergs was a great environment to work in. Coworkers were great, management was helpful, just all around great job. Nice benefits including reduced price foods for employees.
I enjoyed working there
PM (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I worked on fast passed assembly line packing, shipping and pricing sandwiches Prep vegetables, wore gloves, aprons, sleeve covers.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Better job opportunity.
Dierbegs
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOMay 21, 2018
Dierbergs in Arnold is one of the cleanest stores and most of the people are excellent and work hard. Employers do get discounts on occasion; however some items can be expensive for lunch, but the deal isle usually makes up for this. The customers can vary and just like any store, there are friendly customers and the unfriendly customers. Overall, I liked the Dierbergs experience.
Pros
Discounts, Healthcare Option
Cons
Lunch can sometimes be pricey
Greatest Job I've Had so far
Clerk (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 10, 2018
i have learned many things from this job. I've Learned many skills from Dierbergs including, customer service skills, checking, price changes, inventory management, product placement and merchandising. The management team are friendly towards me and listen to my concerns. The most enjoyable part of my job has been learning new things and always being encouraged to do so.
Pros
scratchers, discounts for emplyees
Cons
time it takes to get full time.
Promotional opportunites
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 29, 2018
The job offered good advancement to a certain level and then it became a waiting game which is why I left. The job is fast paced and the benefits are incredible. The hours are awful but that's part of the deal with retail.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hours are all over the place
Reasonably good place to work with a variety of people & problems
Assistant Manager, Deli Department (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 26, 2018
Customers always come first! That means your day can be filled with both good and bad experiences. The biggest problems, however, relate to lack of staffing and organization. Limited cross-training to assist in completing many of the daily tasks in busy departments leaves little time for planning and innovating.
Pros
Clean, safe environment
Cons
Constantly changing work hours, diminishing pay in light of inflation.
Productive place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 5, 2018
I obtained more experience and learned about cold and hot zones to prepare foods. I learned a lot from my supervisors and co-workers. Learning how to cut and package meat is added experience. A positive attitude is a must when working on teams.
Pros
Workers Recognition
Cons
Worker and Employer collaboration
Fun place to work. Fellow employees and customers were the best!
WEST DIVISIONAL RECRUITER, TRAINER, CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Dierbergs. Completed a master's degree and wanted to use that education towards a meaningful career. While at Dierbergs I also was a recruiter and trainer. I was a volunteer life coach and involved in charities important to Dierbergs, The American Heart Association and United Way. It was a wonderful experience coming from a corporate background.
Pros
Food during holidays we worked, discounts on groceries.
Cons
Low pay and for some, hard to get promoted.
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2018
The staff was very understanding and willing to work with entry level employees. Though being a fast pace work environment, employees can meet goals and expectations that the company has set for the day/week.
Company vision is not what it used to be
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 29, 2018
This company used to pride itself on being the leader in Customer service. Management is constantly moving and some advancements and career moves were not in the best interest of the employees. A lot of long term Career professionals have left the company, from the Corporate office on down. That says alot about who is in the drivers seat at the office. The direction went from positive to negative.
Pros
Competitive pay, friendly
Cons
Management has a revolving door/ changes in company direction
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 28, 2018
Working at Dierbergs was horrible. No advancment opportunities, little raise in pay, constantly belittled by managers, managers play favorites with other employees. Managers often times would not help to improve customer experience. Store directors ignore any complaints you have about other managers.The only enjoyable part of work was other employees.
Pros
food on holidays, healthcare after a year of employment
Cons
Managment, Hours worked, no advancment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dierbergs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight