Dierbergs Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 28, 2018
Working at Dierbergs was horrible. No advancment opportunities, little raise in pay, constantly belittled by managers, managers play favorites with other employees. Managers often times would not help to improve customer experience. Store directors ignore any complaints you have about other managers.The only enjoyable part of work was other employees.
Pros
food on holidays, healthcare after a year of employment
Cons
Managment, Hours worked, no advancment
I like the people I work with
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOMarch 21, 2018
Most of the time it is a very fast paced day. I have never worked in a deli before so that was all new. Our manager is great and will work with you the best she can
Pros
Fun job
Cons
No room for advancement
Deli/seafood
Curtesy and Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOMarch 16, 2018
Very quick paced.
Needs higher pay.
Very happy go lucky place to work.
Very good for a first time job.
Easy to make friends with co-workers and customers.
Interesting job as Courtesy Clerk
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2018
A typical day at work included working with the public all day and helping them all and giving them all a smile on their face. Locating items and stocking involved. Management was decent. The hardest part of the job was pushing carts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Pushing carts
Positive work environment with friendly staff and management
Variable Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dardenne Prairie, MOMarch 13, 2018
Ever since I've worked at Dierbergs, I have never had a horrible day at work. There were times that were stressful, however it never got so bad to the point where I ever thought about leaving. The management is very friendly and accommodating for a college student looking for a part time job, I've made many friends while I have worked there and I've gained a better understanding of what it is truly like to work in a supportive work environment.
Pros
Flexibility with hours, mandatory breaks and cross training with new departments
Cons
Low/slow job advancement
Trouble with coworkers
Deli/Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, MOMarch 8, 2018
The work is easy, but high employee turnover makes it hard to get and keep any good help. A lot of employees are borderline incompetent. Other than that, it's a good company to work for. Very flexible with scheduling/special events.
Productive and fast paced
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2018
It was an ok place to work it was a lot going on in there and it was extremely cold in there all the time. I liked the holidays there because we got to get a lot of over time.
Pros
I met some awesome friend's there.
Cons
Breaks are to short and your working in frigid conditions.
amazing co workers
deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMarch 6, 2018
a couple managers that like to scream a lot at west oak location. I visit other locations and this doesn't seem to be the normal. I must have chose the wrong one to work at.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
short breaks, too many managers and not all of them are very managerial, no discounts, on feet all day
Pretty nice place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 2, 2018
The pay isnt very good but the work environment is great. they are strict on who they hire so most of the employees are pretty nice responsible people. Though the pay for most of their positions starting out kinda suck, because its a union job you get a lot of nice benefits. If your wanting hours this isnt the place to go because the full time positions are usually pretty booked and because people tend to stay employed they dont open up often. Though they do have alot of good programs for moving up in different departments. Overall I'd say this is good company for a first job or part time applicants.
Pros
Breaks!
Cons
Lack of hours and pay
Great Dat At Dierbergs
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 1, 2018
Working at Dierbergs was a wonderful and great experience. They were a great and wonderful place to work. The customers were wonderful and amazing lol.
Very poor
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 27, 2018
If the culture mirrors what you learn in orientation it would be great, too bad far from it. I have been in situations where the philosophy is embraces, best ever but not here.
It was a waste of time
Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2018
Had to do my job and managements job and did not get paid for it . Very unorganized and managed poorly. Very hostile environment, nobody wants to work, all they want to do is party like its a night club . STAY AWAY..... FAR AWAY
Pros
Payed weekly
Cons
Bad management
my mangager was very rude to me
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 19, 2018
The people I worked with were nice and helpful but my manager was very rude to me all the time. They would purposefully put me out on carts (which is half an hour long) almost every hour. They would yell at me for almost everything and one time a customer stepped in and defended me.
it is a very fun place to work at.
Deil clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2018
We have been asked for an opinion on a regular basis, and we are allowed to speak our mind without fear, and I love being a part of something larger that makes a difference. I love that everyone cares and that you have flexibility when needed
bad management
Sanitation Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2018
hostel work environment don't appreciate good workers managers have no clue on how to do the work unable to train new associates properly with high turn over store director don't know what they are doing the main reason the place run like a circus
Pros
always hiring
Cons
bad management
Dierbergs as friendly and a good place to work for a first job.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2018
At Dierbergs on a typical day, I would clock on and start on bagging. You rotate every so often and go out on carts. I liked the friendly atmosphere inside the store.
Relaxed Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOFebruary 14, 2018
I worked as a pharmacy technician part time. The entire store fosters a familial environment, so I felt incredibly welcomed when I first started my job. My managers were great! They let me relax as long as customers were seen, so I was able to have my phone out whenever. The pay wasn't great, but I wasn't certified, so I understood. The hours could have been better. I wasn't getting even close to the amount of hours I wanted.
Pros
great managers, fun environment, relaxed atmosphere, friendly
Cons
lack of hours, pay
Need to change company culture
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Honestly not a terrible job, but not a good work environment. Most of the staff are grumpy people over the age of 50. They are stuck in their ways. Negative some of the time, which makes for a toxic atmosphere. I was constantly running around doing something, while others would just stand around and talk or criticize for everything little thing.

I was interviewed for a management position but hired on as a cook; offered less money and put at a store 50 minutes from where I live. I was in the seafood/deli department but all I did everyday was cook chicken, NOTHING else.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Company needs new blood and fresh faces
Help customers by serving them food
Dierberg’s Markets (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 8, 2018
Managers were willing to work with your schedule. You have to clean, cook and help customers. Making sure that the area you work in is clean is very important at this job when you have position in a department such as the deli.
Pros
Good hours, nice coworkers
Cons
Bad management, pay per hour, not enough benefits
Works with my schedule
Prep (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2018
Most of my co-workers are great. I enjoy my work and don't get bored. Management is very responsive and always checking to see if I need anything.

The pay and benefits are not that great.

There is a management program for any employee wanting to advance in the company. They like to hire from within.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Pay is a little low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dierbergs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight