Dietz & Watson Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Workplace Enviroment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2018
This was a temporary assignment and I knew this taking the position. I was hoping to be able to come on full time but Human Resources informed me that there was no full time available.
Great people to work with but hard to grow
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2018
Surrounded by a few great people. Compensation did not meet standards and management was unorganized and unapproachable. The working environment is fast paced due to overwhelming growth which is a good and bad thing altogether.
Pros
Events, Benefits, Free lunch, Coworkers
Cons
Compensation, Unorganized, too Many Managers
Good Place to work.
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 17, 2018
Good place to work, fun Job learning a lot about the Deli merchandising, good people, Travel a lot cover big territory New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania.
Unpleasant work atmosphere
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2018
Merchandisers are treated like second class citizens. Expected to work hours without compensation. Currently involved in numerous EEOC lawsuits. Women treated unfairly and with disgust by male management.
Pros
Cons
Everything.Beware!
It was a stressful and difficult place to work at times.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2018
The manger seemed to be more favorable to certain races over the other. I was made to do alot of the grunt work because I could handle it but wasnt giving much respect.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Bottom of the totem pole
Stressful
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2018
Back stabbing and no job security no loyalty management treat and talk to employees like trash just a uncomfortable work environment upset that I wasted fours years of my life there
Fast paced work place, always busy
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2018
this is a great job if u want to stay fit, its fast paced and you are always busy. The people were very friendly and helpful, they assisted me with anything i needed
Fun work place to be at.
Forlift Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2018
My job was to pick order that was going out for that day.and that was to scan the boxes for the order I was doing into make sure the boxes of product was right on scan bar.by order number on the box.
Good Place to work
Management or Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 4, 2018
Typical day layed back atmosphere you new what you had to do dailey you went and did it no micro manageing by management every one knowed what thier job was and did it
Work environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 4, 2018
The work week was Monday to Saturday ;10 hours a day. Operation of the boiler room was impossible due to manager trying to turn me into the Smokehouse probe recalibration guy and other responsibility when I should have been in the boiler room where all the problems really existed.
Pros
Really great group of workers
Cons
manager, long work hours, standing, no training for duties
Pop and Mom shop
Food Display Associate (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 18, 2017
No idea of what to do when things gets difficult. Managers are people that have no proper training for the position and abuse of their position to bully others and stress the rest of the team.
Pros
Cold and stressful work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2017
The managers was horrible the way they treated, spoke, and handled some employees. Anytime you had an issue or addressed an issue they would turn it around and make it seem like you're the problem!
Pros
Free lunch, hot dogs, lunchmeat, cheeses, and some times salads!
Cons
The managers come off as tyrants, very cold environment, must work Saturdays even when its slow!
large family company
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2017
Large family owned company, Not a bad place to work. Met a lot of people. Good place to work if you live in the area, close to transportation. All shift available.
Ugh
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2017
So the pay sucks just around 10$ an hour as a quality assurance technician you got paid weekly but they didn't train you they just threw you in and was like sink or swim my hours were from 2-12 roughly on your feet all day which was fine it's kind of like the warehouse of meat products
Pros
On your own time
Cons
Could've trained better
Did not like working hee
Meat Packer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2017
Over worked under paid it was a cold environment. The manger did not want to switch me to day shift after I worked there for two years.Over charged for heatlhcare.
Diezt and watson is a good company but the management is port
Truck Driver and Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2017
Before the company is what's better to work in this time is a lot changing they have people's they need more experience above this job you deli meat customer service etc
I like work but some things going on could be better
Package Handler... Meat handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2017
When I first start I like it but supervisor wasnt right mangment wasnt correct nothing being done lote going on that shouldnt been... I feel like when occasion happen nothing being done people come with nexoid that's not part job policy.. Etc
Dietz & Watson
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2017
A great company to work for. Family owned and operated. Caring to their employees. Understanding to the balance of LIFE and work schedules. I have learned a great deal while working there.
Good Company
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 7, 2017
The company is great to work for a makes you feel like a part of the family. They have good benefits. Work week for a manager is over 80 hours and can be a little stressful at times but overall a good company.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Too many hours
A good place a few yrs ago!!!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2017
They don't care about you and the management is unprofessional and racist! !!!No, room to grow and only if u white or polish!! It one of those place u get in and get out!! The people are great that work on the floors but it sad knowing a company with thay type of money treat people like model day slave !!!!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Mangnment is sucks