Dietz & Watson Employee Reviews

Diezt & Watson
Material Handler / Voice Picker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2019
Company cannot keep employees more than a month or two. No room for advancement. They won't even give you a copy of your own forklift license. Not a good company .
Pros
Free hot dogs
Cons
Work most Saturdays
Could have been great but turned for the worst fast !
Brand Ambassador (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2019
I honestly loved my position had no intentions on leaving but I couldn’t deal with the stress of the unrealistic sales goals for my territory. I spoke with managers and employees of the store I demonstrated in about how to make my sales better because my manager said my low sales were due to lack of effort . When I spoke with managers of the stores I demonstrated in to correct this issue and do better even they said that my territories did not have a strong market for people purchasing high-end lunch meat and cheese ! The managers at the locations that I worked when I told then that I resigned were sad because they liked me working with them and they offered me a job with them . Honestly I feel like dietz and Watson needs to do more research about their markets so they do not have unrealistic sales goals and set people up for failure !
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals - Poor management communication
Not a good work place
Sales Merchandiser / Associate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2019
Very poor upper management team that were very close minded. New York very difficult up against number Boars Head. Did not want any fresh ideas to help grow the business
Pros
Cons
Cheap pay
Low paying job
Truck Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2019
Dietz&Watson is a company that is very shellfish and with all the turkey meat they have only thing we got for thanksgiving was expired hotdogs. No bonuses but a 25$ Walmart gift card. Expect to never be anymore then a labor working and the union sucks. They started me at 11$ with experience for machine operator. I rather work at McDonald’s.
Pros
Free expired hotdogs
Cons
Low pay, no advancements
n/a
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2019
d&w is a good working place to start your first time working and to build a career off I meet a lot of great people n worked with alot of good bosses in there
Not A good company
Labeler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2019
Bad company with little pay, bad supervisor, bad union and everything overall. The employees are nice to be around and have sort of a friendly environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Machine operating
Forklift Operator machine operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 25, 2019
Work the machine and adjust the number according to the product .make sure it’s clean in area to work smoothly throughout the day I drive forklift to help others finish there assignment if I finish
Unfair and No care for Justice
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaMarch 23, 2019
I thought this was a great company to work for until I noticed they had their picks. Your supposed to follow the rulebook but the staff don't. If they're caught wrong they make it to seem they're right at any cause I witnessed them fire someone by mistake and still made it out for him to be wrong when he did absolutely nothing. Supervising there is the absolute worst and don't need to speak to someone about anything it just won't happen.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Under paid, no job security, no one to have your back in any situation
Promises never kept
Special sales travel team (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2019
Always talked about different positions and ways to transfer but they never followed through. They wanted to keep you where you are and not pay anymore or appreciate you
Pros
All the hot dogs you can eat
Cons
No advancement
Good work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore mdFebruary 6, 2019
The company always took care of its workers.This company is family owned and its benefits are among the best to have.I would recommend this business for its benefits.
Pros
Benefits hours needed to work
Cons
Cold fast paced
Great product but poor management.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2018
Although I enjoyed working for this company, management and trainers were not very helpful. The product is wonderful but training was difficult due to lack of proper management. Other than horrible communication skills between trainers and management with associates, this job was easy. I found it to be fun and relaxed. The product speaks for itself.
Pros
Great hours and pay.
Cons
Horrible management and trainers.
Easy but terrible
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2018
Managed sucks, they’re rude and disrespectful and definitely show favoritism
The pay for the coldness you have to endure is terrible
You’re treated with no respect
The only good part about it is that it is a Union Job
Pros
Free lunch, easy job
Cons
Breaks, management, cold, pay rate
nothing
load master (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 17, 2018
had a very poor human resource dept. had to work with people who have little understanding of English. they would ask the same question 5 or 6 times and expect a different answer.
Pros
advancement
Cons
see above
Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2018
Decent PT brand ambassador job. Lack of communication between visual merchandisers, account managers and brand ambassadors. This causes some conflict among the people demoing products at the stores and management at the stores themselves. Communication needs to be worked on. Other than that, decent job - pays decent and easy hours.
Cons
Management - lack of communication
Not a job, they make it your life
Employee (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2018
Expect very hard work for very little pay. No chance for advancement. The owners and management treat you like you are less than them. Expect work to get piled on and your pay rate to stay the same.
Cons
No lunch break
Very poor management…
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2018
Very poor management…Too much favoritism very poor management skills always catered to illegal immigrants… Took too many shortcuts around US DA rules and regulations very poor were conditions on safe equipment
Cons
Family owned and operated, premium meats & artisan cheeses
Account Manager- (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
Typical day- working on my computer non stop. Lack of management support and training. Pretty much thrown to the fire on internal processes. Mistakes are publicized and embarrassing.

I have learned a great deal of knowledge of our products. We do have and produce excellent, high quality meats and cheeses.

No Culture which is pressed down from the regional level with an iron fist.Unless at a meeting, you feel like your on an island most of the time. No recognition at all on achievements or goals met.

Support on projects and pricing requests. Not having clear goals and instruction or support on sales.

Working from home
Pros
Working from home, car allowance, company card.
Cons
Training, having clear goals on job duties. Culture is like a roller coaster.
My Job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
Sampled Meets and Cheeses to customers in Albertsons and Safeway Stores in North Phoenix, Az.

Albertsons discontinued Dietz and Watson this past July and we all lost our jobs.
Pros
Support from our District
Cons
No real Lunch hour or breaks
not a happy place if you are not management
mercandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 29, 2018
There was always more work they wanted done, to a point you couldn't do what you hired for, they considered your car their's even with the stipend they paid, 1,500 to 2,000 miles a month destroys the value of your personal property. Prepare for for your home to become their storage area, receiving huge boxes that weigh 75 lbs., most people can not move them including the delivery guy. They do not have any respect for the workers the front line.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
good place to work, bad peopel to work with.
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2018
should only work there if you don’t want to make friends. most people there literally do not like coming in each day to do the same routine and then just act like pricks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dietz & Watson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight