Dietz and Watson Employee Reviews

Poor Job Opportunity
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 13, 2018
as an ambassador , you are " required " to " Sell " Dietz and Watson products which " were not " made clear in the interview as a Job Requirment . After accepting the job, I started getting multiple text messages and emails from the Unprofessional Supervisor questioning me about Sales over and over again. Then She decided She wanted to Retaliate against me for contacting the Main Office for assistance with the Pex Card ( debit card to purchase products for demonstration ) because she would not answer her phone . So after all the annoying stress , lack of " real work " , and a supervisor that clearly displayed prejudice and biased . I quit ; and I " Do Not and Would Not " recomment this job to anyone . If you decide to work as an ambassador for Dietz and Watson , " Good Luck "
Pros
Cons
Watch out for retaliation
Very Bad Job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2018
Management has no idea what they are doing and it reflects in the Company's expectations for the employee. The Company software is installed on your personal smart phone for which there is no reimbursement. They installed 3 websites - tracking, reporting and payroll. This slows down your own applications and drains battery. The tracking software is inaccurate and leads to trouble for you if you can't prove that you were where you said you were. This is a demo job that the Company expects you to sell their products. Product is overpriced as competition is generic store brand at lower cost. Again, management is shifty. HR was remote; in Philadelphia. HR policies were enforced by a college intern with no accountability. Dietz and Watson violated Massachusetts sick time policy for 6 of the 8 months I was there. I brought up the state sick time policy several times and they have yet to announce it. HR also lost a Food Safety Certification that was a result of a 2-3 hr. online course that I had to take on my own time. The website crashed during the course. Dietz and Watson made me call the Food Safety Course website administrator and resurrect my account and retake a large portion of the course. I did this only because my starting date was contingent on the certification. I did not have the ability to print our my certificate, but only email the link to do so to my manager. Evidently, my manager never sent the certificate to corporate HR as my manager asked me several months later to email him the certificate. He had lost the link. Dietz and Watson did not tell me until I was well  more... into the hiring process that I would have intrusive, incorrect reading tracking software on my personal cell and also about the online training. Once again, all at my own expense! Also, management rarely answered texts or phone calls. Management only delivered supplies to me twice during 8 months of 18-24 hrs per wk work. Supplies such as gloves, brochures, etc. Very important to repeat - the tracking software is often inaccurate. The Company does not take responsibility for this. Advice - don't work for them. Though it says the Company is in PA, I actually worked in Massachusetts.  less
Cons
Great food with a better work environment
Wealth Management and Statistics Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2018
I learned a great deal about working in Dietz and Watson's professional setting. I was pushed every day to work at my best and enjoyed that atmosphere. Everyone at the company had a work hard mentality: if everyone completes their work, everyone was happy. Management at Dietz and Watson is top notch as well. My boss did a great job of setting me up for success. He made sure I was aware of all of my positions and what exactly to do.
Pros
Free lunches, great people
I enjoyed working for this company. The people were friendly and outgoing. The management team encourage the team and supported the team when needed
Warehouse Worker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2018
The day started off with the team meeting and discussing the task for the day,At the meeting we learned what our assignment were for the day. We also learned what we needed to improve on. The management team always encouraged the team to respect and listen to each other. The workplace culture encouraged respect and patience with your team, The hardest part of the job was when the team fail to communicate. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the team worked together.
Pros
lunch break, and health insurance
Cons
low pay and short vacation and long hours
Good Place to work
Dictated Route Solo (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 10, 2017
a typical day at work nothing out of the ordinary had a lot of waiting time involved i learned a lot about the deli food industry wor place culture very laid back
The environment is off
Pallet picker and Loading/receiving. Cycle count (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2017
Not the best job but it's a job. They lack on a lot of stuff management is very off and the pay isn't worth at all although the benefits are very decent. Once you hit a certain position there it's a dead end
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks not enough pay.
Account Manager
Director of Operations and Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 13, 2017
Company is a good company to work for. Very competitive industry. Premium product is great, but not right for every restaurant, specialty store, or grocery store. Flexible schedule is good. Does require lots of cold calling.
Pros
Premium product. Company has a long history of succcess.
Cons
Lots of cold calling.
temp jon
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2017
this was a temporary job where I would work about 4 days a week shortly after college. They made you drive around to different grocery stores and have you sample new products and make sure that the displays for dietz and watson
cold
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2017
the job was to to cold it was a freezer. I use to wear three layers of clothing and gloves. I also wore two pair of socks and by the end of the day couldn't feel no body parts hand,feet,and ears etc.
good compnay to work for
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Excellent product, once the customer samples the product you have a sale. .Merchandise the case,train associates,great people to work for.Hardest part sometimes is a 14 hour day.Selling is the most enjoyable part.I have learned customers taste are so different all over the country.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good company, and had some very good people thrugh it all.
Merchandiser Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIFebruary 8, 2017
Good company, great product, need to work on people skills,however overall very good. There was no hard part to this job for me I really enjoyed the work and doing what it did.
Pros
great team great products
Cons
training was weak but effective
pretty good company very strict on the lateness and absenteeism.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2017
they are very tight on time. if you have earned time off and want to use it well good luck if they let you. eto is kind of like skymiles there are a lot of blackout dates.
Pros
free lunchmeat
Cons
dont really get breaks cant use earned time off never really get a vacation.
Productive/Fast pace environment
Utility warehouse team member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2016
Working at Dietz and Watson for several years I can say has been a pleasure. It is a fast pace environment which helps the work day seem to go by quicker.
Pros
Co-workers and management are all friendly.
Cons
The pay.
Your Opinion is based on your region
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 5, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at Dietz and Watson as there was a lot of growth going on that lead to traveling on a whim at times. I did learn patience and the importance of communication to get things accomplished. Management, when I started there was good and involved. However, as the years moved forward there was less active managing and the responsiveness was lacking when I would need assistance getting things accomplished. The hardest part of the job was at times the travel and being away from home for weeks at a time. The part I loved most was my coworkers and the people in my stores.
Very Productive
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2016
It was great to be in an environment where you can learn while you work about not only the company but also the product. the benefits were well affordable under their union contrat.
Pros
Can meet all kinds of etnics, culture
Cons
Working in a giant freezer
Not a Good Working Enviroment
Produciton Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2015
Not a Good Place to Work, Too Much Turnover, Too Many Incompetent People in Places of Authority, Supervisor's don't know what theyre talking about most of the time.
Pros
the Hours
Cons
the Environment
Not Organized
2nd Shift Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2015
Place is not organized. Some the supervisor treat people like slaves. To many people call out. Sometimes we get one day off.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Not organized.
Great work enviroment and team oriented. Family owned
Material Handler/Shipping (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 5, 2015
Shipping and receiving products.
Work very well with my co-workers.
Very understandable supervisor.
Laid back environment but still get the job done when things need to be shipped out.
Pros
flexible
benefits
Good company to work with
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2014
Good company to work with. Met many coworkers that became friends for life.
Good Company but...
ROUTE SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2014
Dietz and Watson is a great company to work for. They understand family time. The only downfall is that my supervisor would not communicate with us and keep us up to date with what is going on. We would get information from our customers weeks in advance before he would inform us of anything. Another driver and I both were recently informed that we were being laid off at the end of May but know clear explaination of what was going on.
Pros
Family Time, Pay, Hours
Cons
Communication, Job Secirity