Dig Inn Employee Reviews

work here on your own will
Chef in Training (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2019
typical day at work come in do tasks like
- cut food
- make source
- cut avocado
then ppl roll in get on the line and serve like a (SLAVE)
can't step off a long line everybody need you
manger get upset if they have to work
you can't call management because they really don't have a number so you gotta email them
the locker room is small for all dig inns
it more like a FAST FOOD CHAIN BUT VEGAN !!!!!!!!
THE HARDEST PART ON THE JOB IS DEALING WITH YOUR OTHER employer at the job to much drama with everyone including the manger

there some joy in this job when your not there lol
Pros
if you have important things to do you can call out to handle it but not a lot of call outs now
Cons
no good pay, work you like slaves, no good hours unless you kiss (butt)
Lack of management
Chef (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 31, 2019
Manager favoritism At E86th st Lexington Dig Inn . Gives final written-Ups Without Warnings Lack of Manager & Employee Communinitcation.Sometimes could be very busy but also very lack of communication and easily to get sent home for a simple comment/Reply.the manager opens the store & Walkes in mad he takes it out on Employess There a girl that’s having a baby with my managers and she’s treated diffrent from other co-Workers (Favoritism)
Pros
Great Employess Great Customers Free food 😅
Cons
Management management management
Productive and fun place to work
Guest Experience (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2019
Dig inn is such a fun place to work. The people are so kind and it feels like family. The food is fresh and they have your best interest at heart. You will not be disappointed
benefits
Cons
fast paced
Part time employee
chef in training (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2019
It seems to be an issue all over within the company with giving raises to people who deserve and or proper promotions. They will move people, having them work all positions around the store and not give them a raise or promotion. It's a difference between training and just having someone working a position with no real growth. I also heard and witnessed tension at managerial level in my store pertaining to these issues. It wasn't a bad spot and yet all the tension made it uncomfortable. They don't offer a good amount of hours which was a constant issue across the company as a whole. They blame the budget but consistently hire new people and open more stores (seems like they aren't for advancement of the workers there). Also they will pressure someone calling out to come in, yet can't give hours to people who want more. Employees gossip a lot and pit war against eachother (day vs night shift) which is past petty and really uncomfortable if you have to work the opposite shift. All in all I would go back there if I had to, but they need to really evaluate and fix a lot within the company overall and if I did go back I'd speak to that.
Pros
Free meal, some cool people
Cons
Possible bias, petty employees, etc
If the Digg inn family concept was in practice it would be an ideall work place.23rd Street sucks
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  23rd street ManhattanJanuary 7, 2019
Always have a next job in waiting. No new friends. Too many in house shenanigans. Favoritism anongst staff and supervisors.Lousy examples to follow.The family concept described in the Dig inn Philosophy does not apply to all.
Pros
Meals at half price.
Cons
Forced breaks, Not enough hours to go around.No job security.
Getting to one another
Chef (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 27, 2018
Just do your best and do better then you was the day before cause you will better your skills and even learn other stations like main line prep or you can always teach someone something like if they wanna learn about your station stay busy always focus and make sure every dish is served properly and is done to the costumers liking
Pros
Free meals
Cons
30 minute
A startup
Junior Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 10, 2018
We are definitely going through start up pains, but everyone working there is extremely intelligent. The industry that we are in is a hard one to crack but I hope that we do
It was great until it wasn't.
Sous Chef /Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2018
There was a lot of room for growth if the right person liked you.They play a lot of favorites.My manager only payed attention to people he new before he was moved there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
Productive, Fast paced enviorment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 5, 2018
Dig Inn was always a cool company farm to counter food is absolutely amazing .
I've learned to take on risks through the years I have been employed while every title has its struggles it built my gears to be an effective leader.
Never get your full time hours Always ask to leave early
Chef in Training (Current Employee) –  52stNovember 27, 2018
Leadership always asking people to leave early cause we have no money. People are afraid that their jobs are gonna be taking. If you need to feed your family an this your only source of income do not work here. You get jerked around a lot when it comes to hours. Only the back of house stays all day while the front of house always having to leave early. You never get 40hrs. Favoritisms is a lot here.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No hours and talked to unprofessional
Fast-paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
I wouldn’t describe this as the best place to work as its fast-paced and the structure is constantly changing. Did get to learn a considerable amount.
Pros
Potential to learn
Cons
Lack of structure, varying pay for the same position, stress, high employee turnover rate
Workplace
Garde Manger / Line Server / Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2018
I've worked in the Brookfield location before.This is a team building environment. It's quick paced and high energy and overall a naturally busy area.
ok
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 28, 2018
dig in is ok ..don't know what really to say about them they have new management ..but at the time working there I enjoyed it

..I'm just looking for a place of work that I can carry out to my end of time
Its Not Ideal
Culinary Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  16 E 23rd streetOctober 21, 2018
At DigInn they want to keep you forever, and not pay you for overtime. One week you are working 42 hours the next you'll be lucky if you work 30 hours. Dig Inn says they care about their employees, however they don't. They will terminate your employment if you make a joke outside of work hours off the clock in a personal conversation with a friend if they overhear you and just disagree. The restaurants are really segregated as one restaurant will have mostly Mexican and Spanish speaking employees and in others it's mostly African American. The quality of food is never consistent although it's what they "strive" for. Although, they say they are always open for employees to give feedback and hear what they have to say and want to know about things in an employees life, THEY DON'T CARE. They will probably use it against you. OH! Everything is a popularity contest and 1/2 the time it matters if you're involved with a boss. :) Thank you Dig Inn!
Pros
Easy Interviews
Cons
Everything Else.
Very well managed
Chef in Training (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
The job is great if you looking into learning new entrees and love cooking. Great benefits are provided at the job and workers and managers are friendly.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay for hard work
Great place to work in
Lead Chef, Prep, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2018
The management acted more like kids than the workers. Their are no benefits. Its fast pace and you have to be quick with the hands. I had gotten into an accident where I had chopped my finger off. Instead of holding my job they let me go with no chance to return. That was very unfair over something they did.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
No one communicates
humble and very welcoming
Deep Cook (Current Employee) –  Theatre District, NYJuly 24, 2018
great place to work at everyone including coworkers are very welcoming from the first day you start at the location they send you to to get trained down to the location they leave in
Great place to pick up skills
Registrar /Chef Inn Training (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2018
Really cool fun environments that allows you to learn new skills and meet great people who include not only your colleagues but the guest who are the milestone of Dig Inn
Amazing food and story behind origin
Prep / Crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
I loved working there learning multiple stations and flexing between positions. I learned ingredients to cold salads to the preparation of all protein in store.
Pros
food and area
learn responsibility
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 6, 2018
my first real job taught me responsibility and time management. It would get very busy but nothing we couldn't handle. I earned my own money and it felt great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
so many people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dig Inn. Our community is ready to answer.