Dig Inn Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
humble and very welcoming
Deep Cook (Current Employee) –  Theatre District, NYJuly 24, 2018
great place to work at everyone including coworkers are very welcoming from the first day you start at the location they send you to to get trained down to the location they leave in
Amazing food and story behind origin
Prep / Crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
I loved working there learning multiple stations and flexing between positions. I learned ingredients to cold salads to the preparation of all protein in store.
Pros
food and area
Cons
Fun place to work but ...
Chef in Training (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
A typical day for me would be cutting up veggies to make ready for service. It gets tough when the equipment isn't really maintained properly. The vibe I get from the management is that they don't really care about the quality of the work as long as it's done quickly. Yes the ones around me are cutting the same things I am at a quicker pace but with 5 times the amount of what gets thrown out. Combining that with terrible hygiene habits in the workplace and I get totally lost as to why I was the one who was let go.
Pros
Free lunches up to $15
Cons
Dull knives to work with, not really able to stop because of non-bleeding injury
good
chef in training (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 9, 2018
good dig inn was a good job full of new and creative menu everyday was full of nothing but joy because the people that would come regularly would put nothing but smiles on our faces all together i think digg inn is a great first job
Pros
nice job
Good people, variable management
Chef in Training (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
Long but few hours make this job more difficult than it needs to be. Good employees over all. Hours are not the best as they require late nights and you're often stuck with a night shift.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Paced , Great service , Fresh Food
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2018
I used to love coming in to work everyday . But favortisim and baised actions will make you lose interest very quick. I work hard keeping work areas tidy , keeping food contamination at a minimal , and stayed with smile on my face for every guest I came across . As the months went by, I'm still stuck as a server and was never able to learn how to roast or make salads . That really sucked but this job as far as management was very poor and unlogical as far as decisions were made based off of other worker's opinions 😕👎👎👎
Fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2018
Fast paced environment but there are times when it gets slow. Customers are very polite and friendly. Coworkers show great team work. Free lunch is great!!
i find it a good plac e just not for me
kitchen/porter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2018
i find it a good place just not for me right now i have to find another place to work poor management and very poor work hours but the staff is great i just cant take the work hours i need more hours
Pros
free lunch is great
Cons
break is only 30 mins
I committed from CT
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
It took them 2 months to get my commuter benefits and yet they were not helpful in trying to get it. It was very expensive to come to work for such a decent pay
Working at dig inn
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
At dig inn it’s a fast paced environment it does have its pace where it gets slow but there’s always something to do. Giving great customer service, cooking on the grill and learning new ways to cut chicken and steak was interesting.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Lack of advancement
Fun productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2018
A great atmosphere. Customers are very polite and friendly. Coworkers show great team work. Very easy task as long as you follow the rules and directions.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
The workplace is fast paced during different time periods and it’s a team player workplace.
Chef in Training (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
There’s been several issues in communication and management doesn’t care for crew concerns unless it concerns the customer service. I started working at 40 hrs being a full time student in College. During winter/summer breaks shifts were decreased to 12-15 hours without warning or any prior conversations. If you have responsibilities, this is not the job for you. There are no promised hours due to consistently getting sent home because management needs to save labor.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No benefits, no hours
Productive, but belittling.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyable, it was extremely high-paced which made the day go on. There was a peaceful and playful culture with no members feeling excluded. However management has begun to crumble with the replacement of members and the job turned hostile and a drag to come into work and be constantly belittled by management.
Pros
Free lunch, decent breaks, good hours.
I love my co workers
Chef In Training (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2017
Head management could be improved but my GM and store is AMAZING. The customers readily build a bond with us. The atmosphere is very relaxed. I love the food. Especially the Mac and cheese.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
30 min break
It was a different experience..
Market Server, Part Time (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2017
I worked here for awhile it was fun at times but boring most of the time. Basically the team members work hard & the shift managers just waste time. If you don't mind working harder than management then this'll be the perfect job for you.
Pros
Free lunches
it was a great job
Dishwasher/Porter/Prep Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
had a lot of hours and it was a growing business, great food and great culture. it doesn't really have a set schedule and management changes up a lot of the time
Pros
hours
Cons
weekly schedule change
Can easily be a long day
Retail Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2017
This job requires us to go to our competitors and count the foot traffic that enter that establishment. Once we have the data, we enter it into a spreadsheet and submit it. We have ti write a memo as well.
Invested in the wrong way
Does it Matter now (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 11, 2017
The company transitioned into a corporation feeding investors. The whole mantra of taking care of employees that help elevate restaurants fiscal performance went out the window. As with most reviews here, communication lacks heavily and it feels like walking on eggs shells everyday making you expendable.
Pros
Multicultural
Cons
Too many to mention
Sorry
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2017
I didnt have a great stay at this company . They were not supportive of the employees. The establishments were nice but ran horrible. Manger doing thing they aren't supposed to be doing.
its decent
Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
better for the younger set.
co-workers were ok
communication from up management down is not that great
they claim they have a upward mobility but you have to work to long and hard and not enough money to make it worth it
Pros
free meal
Cons
communication leaves much to be desired

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dig Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Dig Inn Reviews by Location