Digestive Care Center Employee Reviews

Perfect Balance!
CPC (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 19, 2019
I started in the billing department in December. I was a little worried on how I would like a desk job, when my background is from the clinical side. It's a perfect balance. I stay busy and the day goes by fast, but I am not over worked nor stressed. My coworkers are friendly and extremely helpful, but not over bearing. My boss is direct, but easy to talk to. She will be clear on what she wants/needs from staff, but does not micromanage.

The management seems very thankful for staff - and that's a great feeling knowing that you are appreciated.
Pros
No weekends, No holidays, Nice PTO accrual rate, Hour lunch.
Cons
Raises will be quarterly.
Worst management and no training
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 3, 2019
I worked in the billing dept and was thrown to the wolves. They orovide no training at all and expected you to know everything. The atmosphere was tense.
Pros
Cons
No training
Very fast paced environment
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 26, 2018
I enjoy working at DCC. However, more and more responsibilies are put onto certain positions in the GEC. Hardest part of my job is dealing with micro-managing and the management doesn't hold people accountable. They solve the problem by tasking the work or passing it on to others while certain employees in the GEC department can sit and waste time while others do all the work.
Pros
Great Doctors and coworkers
Cons
no breaks and only a 30 minute lunch with cases scheduled every 15-30 minutes
I have provided accurate information within the questions provided
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 7, 2018
Good place to work. I would recommend it to others.Digestive Care Center is a growing company and strives to offer the most current and up to date treatments for their patients.
Worst place I have ever worked at!
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 6, 2018
Billing is the worst. Very unfriendly workers that are so proud of being bullies and getting rid of new hires and HR and management are aware and do nothing
Pros
Cons
Rude unfriendly workers
Quick pace work environment
ANCILLARY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 13, 2017
Quick pace work environment but a very un fair place to work. Everybody has a favorite. and you have to be part of the click for managers to like you.
working in the GEC
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 17, 2017
Great physicians to work with, A lot of responsibility in the procedure room since the nurses are no longer in the room during the procedures. A lot of Drama
Pros
no weekends, no Holiday
Cons
short breaks, drama
Nice place to develop and grow
Procedure Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 16, 2017
I would consider this position my first "big girl" job after graduating with my Bachelor's. I like being able to work closely with physicians and developing a relationship of trust between them.
Dont work there
CMA (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 27, 2017
Poor work attitude from coworkers, unwillingness from supervisors and management to enforce rules and regulations. Very nonprofessional. No privacy. Thwir policies contradict each other and if you get ill, you might as well quit if you need to be off. You end up doing 10x your work load with no additional work load. Too many think they are the boss.
Fun, fast paced and challenging. Wonderful physicians and staff
Lead Procedure Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 28, 2017
I worked for Digestive Care Center for 15 years. I started out in the Medical Records Department where I filed and pulled records for phone notes, test results, and records release requests. After about three and a half years I transferred to Procedure Scheduling and several years later I was promoted to Lead Procedure Scheduler. I scheduled outpatient procedures and minor surgical procedures. Oversight of staff in the department and productivity driven results. Fantastic physicians, surgeons, and staff! Challenging but rewarding experience. Patient satisfaction is the number one goal! I've developed excellent customer service skills, gained medical software and medical terminology experience, great at prioritizing and multitasking.
Pros
excellent benefits, user friendly software for EMR and scheduling
Cons
high turnover rate
Productive place with caring staff. Very organized, with compassionate individuals.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 22, 2016
I enjoyed assisting the staff and physicians at this facility. As with any opportunity I gained valuable knowledge, and it was a great experience. The education you can receive in just listening in this type of environment is endless. Although I found the chances for advancement, or transfer to other departments a challenge, this company has offered me great opportunities, and education.
Pros
Able to view multiple procedures.
Cons
Health insurance
Great team of surgeons, doctors and nurse practioners
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 22, 2016
Working with this group of providers is very rewarding as far as learning and patient care. I learned so much working with them.
Pros
Great Co workers, we take care of each other
Cons
Strict occurance policy, benefits and compensation for some positions
Great company to work for. On the cutting edge of Digestive care. The Physicians and Nursing are amazing'
Ancillary Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 20, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Enjoyed working with dedicated Physicians, and nursing staff. Room for advancement. Loved the patient care aspect.
Pros
Benefits, performance compensation, room for advancement.
Cons
Occurence policy strict, get occurences when sick due to having zero dedicated sick days, office management prone to diffence in treatment of employees.
The group of nurses here are a team and work well together. Management is distant at best.
Endoscopic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 23, 2014
To admit patients, review their history, start an IV, assist in the endoscopy suite with the procedure and recover the patient and educate for discharge. I learned and gained my ACLS certification and also learned about the endoscopy procedures and assisting in the endoscopy suite. I work with a great group of people day to day and they work well as a team. I would say the hardest part of my job is the the extreme pace to which we move patients thru yet I enjoy that the job is Monday thru Friday.
Pros
It is a Monday thru Friday job.
Cons
Poor compensation and poor organization and lack of interaction with employees from management
Very fast paced, but great people and great mission.
Office Clerk/Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 25, 2013
The Endoscopy Center is an extremely fast paced environment. There are minimal breaks or down times, but I like the challenge of getting all of the tasks completed while managing the patient flow and keeping the doctors on time. In our center, we don't leave until the cases are finished, so if you are not carrying your weight you are slowing down the whole team. Time management skills are crucial at DCC. The staff is usually pretty fluid and friendly. The doctors are exceptionally friendly and respectful, and they are always appreciative of your efforts.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Health ins and pay are less than appealing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digestive Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Digestive Care Center Reviews by Location