Digi-Key Electronics

Working at Digi-Key Electronics: Employee Reviews

United States107 reviews

Digi-Key Electronics insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

You can't beat the pay and benefits, but it's monotonous work after a while.

Great pay, great benefits. The job is very repetitive, and a little mind numbing some days, but there are options for branching out from the job you start at. Overall it's a good place to work, and there are so many people there that it's easy to find your place.

Don't do it.

Works days are very long, management is terrible, and the only good thing about the place is the health insurance. It's full of cliques and you will never get to advance.

Pros

health insurance

Cons

erveything but the insurance

It takes a certain personality.

If you can get by being stuck inside a concrete box doing the same exact thing every day, then this is a great place. It requires a certain temperament that not all people have. The pay is adequate considering the great healthcare coverage. The hours are okay. Management seems to be like most big businesses - about as good as a 3 legged dog. (I was once lost without a supervisor for over a month before anyone noticed- or told me.) Don't be fooled by the sheen of greatness that the company puts on, it's mostly held together with duct tape, chewing gum and formidable tenacity.

Pros

2 paid 15 minutes breaks. Weekends. Healthcare.

Cons

Low pay for this industry. Management needs some TLC. Co-workers love to complain while on the job.

Great benefits

Great place to work if you have a family because of the benefits. They don't pat mich attention to who they give higher positions to which wrecks it for everybody else

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Bad supervision and management

Not what i thought this place was gonna be

This job is the only thing keeping me near this area. There is nothing to do around this area and some of the managers and supervisors here are very rude. They are very strict with attendance.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Terrible location

Would be a nice job, but they built their facility in the middle of nowhere. Thief River Falls is a small town with little to do and outrageously high rent.

Pros

High base pay, Health plan

Cons

Location Location Location

A family oriented business becoming corporatized

First let's start with the benefits package is generous, the pay is decent and it's a continuously growing company.I used to be happy to say I worked here. But now they say "thank you" while axing schedules and other incentives. You're truly just a number now. This was once a place you'd brag about working for. I can't believe the routes they're taking to save a few dollars. Cutting back PTO caps, reducing banked holiday opportunities, reducing their flexible schedules that helped keep that beautiful work life balance. They'll say they appreciate you, then the next day your PTO cap is reduced. The next week they'll say thank you again, then your nice 12 hour schedules that helped with family and daycare and that perfect work life balance are gone.They'll say thank you, but reduce your banked holiday opportunities.Every day I worked there I wondered what they'd take away next. It's sad, I really, really miss the family oriented place that cared for its employees that Digikey used to be.

Pros

Pay, benefits package (for now), fast paced environment, voluntary opportunites for OT, growing company, job security, most of the coworker's are good people

Cons

Too many leaders, loss of incentives we used to have that made the place great, mandatory OT, Difficult to get time off if you work production, crowded at the main building, an odd none confrontational policy for those who are doing wrong, removal of flexible schedules, reduced PTO cap, the location is terrible

Poor Management

Digikey has decent pay, good insurance, but the management is very poor. They changed the hours to work until 10pm, but refuse to give any kind of shift differential in Fargo although their Thief River people get 2 more dollars an hour for same work/same hours. When asked why, they basically said workers in Fargo were easily replaceable, so that should tell you what they think of their workers here. The work load is very inconsistent with some days being worked to death and the next having nothing to do.

Benefits

Cons

Management, Hours

Great place to work with great benefits.

Working in the Product Distribution Center at Digi-Key is fast paced and repetitive but it has a good work environment and the health insurance is second to none. The pay is pretty good and they have a good 401(k) plan and good amount of PTO. Overall it is a very good place to work and I would recommend it.

Pros

Excellent health insurance at a very low cost, decent pay, good working conditions.

Cons

Repetitive work

Family Orientated Company with Extreme Growth!

Digi-Key's two biggest expectations are that their employees and their customers are always taken care of, everything else seems to take care of itself after that. Digi-Key's benefits are simply world-class and unmatched. Completely free health care, generous PTO plans, above-average pay, and a nice 401k match. The facility is extremely clean, and the people are Minnesota nice. The company's location in Thief River Falls, MN is easily the biggest CON I could share.

Pros

Free Healthcare, Dental/Vision Plans, 401k, Competitive Pay, Culture

Cons

Thief River Falls Location

Do not work here

Terrible managment, favoritism, verbal and mental abuse while using great pay/benefits to cover this up. No advancement unless you sacrifice your personal life and well being.You get the same pay as those who constantly call in sick. Management finds reasons to keep terrible employees while pushing hardworking ones away.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Management, favoritism, no advancements

Everything you'd need, except good weather

Great pay, benefits, company has onsite clinic, food vendors and gym. Easy to promote with good work ethic. The only real downside is the weather. Some days can have a real feel lower than -60 degree F.

Pros

Benefits, onsite clinic, room to grow

Cons

Weather

Great place to work !

The pay and the benefits is wonderful. The management needs some restructuring, but there are a lot of changes going into effect, so the future looks bright.

Pros

Great pay, benefits

Cons

Leadership needs training

Good pay and benefits

The pay and benefits are good but a lot of corruption and management playing favorites. No real chance of moving forward unless you 'befriend' someone. Manger from the PDC was disrespectful toward me because i brought up health and safety concerns. A lot of "do as I say not what I do".I chose to leave this employer and would not consider returning. Managers here are on a huge power trip . If you do decide to work here I hope you will get a position that lands you far away from the 1:30-10pm PDC management team. Also if you manager is asking to talk to you in private request a second person to accompany you as I experienced a very inappropriate encounter with one that brought me to tears. Once you 'offend' them they tend to put a target on your back. Good luck I hope you have a better experience then i did.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

PDC corruption, they will play favorites. Don't ever question their methods unless you want a target on your back

Fun place to work

Digi-Key was an awesome place to work! The benefits were awesome! The people are very nice! Great training program! The company really does care about their employees! I miss working there. I would definitely go back.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Short breaks

Still maintains the small town feel

Great that the company works hard to maintain the small town feel - supporting employees, the community, etc. Although some small town pay scales and mentalities that persist.

great co-workers. Fun environment

absolutely loved working at digikey. My coworkers were all great to work with. Everyone did there part to make it enjoyable. Pay and benefits were the best I have received from any other company I worked for.

Fast Paced

Fast paced, always something to do, work days typically go by fairly quickly. Very early working hours. Friendly working environment. Great benefits

Overall a great job

Loved my job as a picker. I just didn't care for the hour drive there in storms. They were very helpful in compensating me when I hurt my back. The benefits were worth working rotating shifts.

Great job

I highly recommended this place. They treat their employees well. Paying for health insurance completely unless you want to add family. Still worth it though. I work 4 10 hour shifts with 3 day weekends.

Limited advancement

Senior management is interesting as they want everyone to love them, but their true actions are related to their advancement and not that of the staffing.

Common questions about Digi-Key Electronics

Answered by current and former employees at Digi-Key Electronics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digi-Key Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight