DigiCert

Working at DigiCert: 18 Reviews

United States18 reviews

DigiCert

No opportunity for advancement in finance. Things are lean to cut cost but the necessary tools aren’t made available. Managers say they car but don’t make progress in changes you have been promised.

I've loved working here. Lots of great benefits, flexible hours, great work environment. Not a single complaint after almost 5 years. Management is very attentive to their employees. There are countless opportunities to move up or change positions.

DigiCert insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Fun and easy work but no room for advancement

Very flexible on hours to work. Great for students. Fantastic benefits. Once you're hired, don't plan on advancement. Favorites get promotions. Some departments get better treatment than others.

Pros

Catered lunches, game room

Cons

Not everyone is treated equally

Started out great

Digicert, at the beginning, was very good at treating it's employees good. There were many things that I felt like they did right to make the employee happy. While that could still be seen as the case for some, it no longer feels like way as much for me. The company has transitioned from treating people like persons to numbers. This has been an ongoing decline. While it's still not the worst place I've worked at, comparing it to what it once was I am no longer excited to go to work like I once was.

Very productive and hardworking job.

I have enjoyed this job. I work on helping companies get SSL certificates as well as helping them verify their company. Everyone is very hardworking which is why I have enjoyed the company.

They treat you right.

I have never had an issue at Digicert. They pay well and offer a very flexible work environment that includes free food and a good game room. ?It is a really relaxed environment full of people that are willing to help. I love it.

Nothing positive to say

I was always told that, if I don't something nice, or in this case, positive to say, I shouldn't say anything. There are a lot of negative things I could say about this company, but, since it's not positive, I won't say anything.

Fun Work place

Fun place to work, i worked there a few months on a temp position and would work there again! They had a full kitchen which was stocked with snacks and had coffee on site.

All about culture and keeping employees happy

Would recommend to anyone. This company is amazing. They were just recently sold again which will be the third time since I worked there just because we're constantly growing and being profitable

DigiCert is great. I just need some additional income because of unexpected costs. I wouldn't bother looking for another job if those costs hadn't happened.

What was once a great place has become subpar

The culture of the organization has shifted drastically over the course of the past year. Their decisions have become top down rather than bottom up. The benefits were once spectacular but have since become less than average. I found that my immediate managers were great and fun to work with, but beyond that it was very impersonal with little to no options for career advancement. While I would have recommended this company to anybody a year or so ago, I would no longer suggest this.

Pros

Fun office space

Cons

The company cares much more about the bottom line than their employees

DigiCert Review

Really enjoyed working at DigiCert. I was a temp employee and knew that my job was only for 6 months. I enjoyed this company and culture so much that I am looking for opportunities to go back and work.

Pros

Free Lunchs

Cons

I was a Temp Employee

Environment where people know how to have fun and get work done

This job is not a hard and taxing job. I enjoy how calm yet exciting it can get. There are stressful days and hard orders, but its a fun environment and almost all the customers I work directly with are the nicest people. The company treats their employees well and takes care of us.

Good place to work but...

My current position at Digicert, is very similar to a Solutions Consultant, like, a post-sales consultant. I work as a single point of contact with a small group of enterprise level customers. We work together to maximize their productivity and results with our enterprise level SSL and PKI certificates. The culture is cooperative. I get to work from home, which is great. Management is very hands off and hasn't quite nailed down what they're doing yet.

Pros

working from home

Cons

instability

What happens when a small company buys a larger one

Digicert in buying the certificate division of Symantec attempted to play with the big boys without really understanding what that entails. Because Digicert was so much smaller (200 vs. 20,000 for Symantec), a lot of the processes set up for a larger company (HR department, payroll, legal team, sales, operations), were either a lot smaller, or non-existent. This has made the transition difficult. Many requests for information go unanswered either because the teams already in place are overwhelmed or simply do not have answers for many of our questions. Because of lack of information, many of the new employees are facing uncertain futures with regards to their employment to the new company

Upcoming Tech Company that Belongs in the Silicon Slopes

I worked on the validation team, which is an awesome job if you are good at research. I've learned a ton about SSL certificates (their main product) There are differing levels of validation which is good. The management is really great and they are forward-looking, hard-working, and laid-back. Overall, a fantastic place to work.

Pros

Catering Three Times a week, very flexible with schedules

Cons

Lack of work or things to do sometimes

Great company to work for with great employees

DigiCert is a great company to work for that empowers their employees to make decisions without escalating things to management when taking care of customers. Though management is focused on getting things done, they also really watch out for employees and accomodate them in anyway they can.

Pros

Stocked break room, cool co-workers

Cons

They don't have an office in NC where I moved to :)

Great company

DigiCert is an awesome company that takes care of its customers and employees very well. The atmosphere is casual and fun while still reaching goals and objectives of course.

Common questions about DigiCert

Answered by current and former employees at DigiCert

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DigiCert. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about DigiCert in popular locations

• DigiCert