Play YouTube video button

DigiStream Investigations, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States88 reviews
Featured review
DigiStream Investigations, Inc. selected this as a representative review
High expectations and very competitive. Surveillance staff is measured by the amount of videotape they get on cases and reviewed monthly. A lot of turnover, but the job is definitely oriented toward a specialized skill set.
I was hired to train and went to Sacremento. The trainer deserted me for 2 weeks and would go to her coworkers room all day and chat. When I went back, she blamed me for how the training went. Also, the job is extremely low pay. You can make more working at McDonald’s and get treated better. They do not treat people with respect unless you’re in their club. Stay away. You’ll have nightmares. The 5 star reviews are fake.
Pros
Cons
Trainers in Sacremento
Led the way with top notch investigators and services offered. Works to get what the client needs and has a diverse staff and good training offered. Unfortunately because their talent and rawness was so high end it made it difficult when good people left to pursue other things
If you dont mind being micro managed for chump change then this is your company. Training is awful. Even after you leave the company, they will still pester you to show up to court and fill out documents. They don't mind giving employees with families and mortgages 2 days of work a week in order to have alot of investigators on retainer.

Low pay, low rate management, low hours
Only do this if you’re a lone wolf, and you don’t care about your physical health and well-being. Be prepared to be stuck in a hot or freezing cold van, no access to bathroom facilities, no breaks, no guaranteed eating break, no care for your “day off.” Also be prepared to have it highly suggested you break traffic laws and put yourself and others in danger just to keep up with the person you’re following. Also be prepared to have to put yourself in danger every day.

Pretty much just don’t be a human.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Digistream is the sweatshop of PI industry. Do I need to say more? Lowest pay for long hours (12 to 14 hours) inside your car. You can’t leave. You need to take a dump and whizz inside the car. Heck, they even gave us a water jacket ( you put it on during hot days to stay cool rather alive, grrr). All the reviews here are fake except for one. Stay away!
Long and unpredictable hours. Every day your shift may vary which makes it difficult to have a stable life outside of work. Easy to burn out if not careful. Pay isn't as strong as most prefer, but ability to make solid money considering almost every day has OT.
Lets make things clear, this is a highly demanding job, long hours, stress, long waits, tense situations, you need to be fit, willing to work hard and wake up really early, work weekends too
Digistream is about the money , they don’t care how dedicated you are, loyal or hard working They treat you like a number and if your not part of the good ole boys club, your in trouble
If you want to work and gain experience as a Field Investigator, this is the company and job for you. You will be trained by an elite investigator, you are remote and overall, each day brings new challenges.
Not a huge fan of this company. Poor management. Very competitive. But great training for future career in private investigations. Worth it if you are looking for an entry-level position.
Excellent opportunity with the goal of career advancement long term. I’ve learned how to think like an investigator which is critical in many career paths.
There is room for growth so take advantage of learning new skills. The company hires entry-level staff with little experience and you should really use this to learn all about investigations. However, be prepared to give more than you get back. Work hard and you're rewarded by being told to work harder. Often, you handle 2-3 people's work load. You're told to motivate your team, but no one motivates the managers. Like most jobs, there are positives and negatives. Go into your career at Digistream knowing what your goals are and how to meet them. Don't get distracted by the noise.
Great job if you're a recent graduate in need of a post-graduation job. It's a good way to get your foot into the professional world and begin your eventual professional career.
This job is not for everybody. It takes a specific personality to perform well at it. You must be self motivated, be alright being by yourself throughout the day, and be self confident to follow subjects throughout the day.
A typical day at work for me is coming into the office and preparing the material for the training day. I get into the office early train the trainee in a office for half of the day and the other half in the field practicing what we went over I the field. For the trainee to gain as much experience as possible. I have learned the ability to follow individual throughout the day and record their acti8without being notice at all. Managment it's great they are always there to help you and guide you to be successful in the company. The work place culture it's great everyone tried to help each other out and they are friendly.
This is a Brand with a great culture, and a tremendous amount of opportunity. It is growing at a rapid pace, and is the premier investigations provider in the marketplace.
Digistream is an excellent place to work. The culture is accepting and friendly and everyone that I've met in the company has been committed to one another's continued success. There is nothing better than going into work every morning knowing that it will be a calm and enjoyable environment to spend my time in. Digistream has provided me numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth and I am very grateful to them for that.
DigiStream is a growing company and an industry leader in the private investigations sector. Great place to work and lots of opportunity for those who stick around. Excellent place to start a career.
Competing against one another in the field makes waking up and going to work an enjoyable experience! Digistream is a great company to work for, and I am glad I have the opportunity to work here.
Best part of the job is everyday is new and unpredictable. Being able to put yourself in different environments makes the job that more exciting. One thing I have learned in this field is to be alert and observant to the small details as anything can happen in a split second.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DigiStream Investigations, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.