DigiStream Investigations, Inc.
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

DigiStream Investigations, Inc. Employee Reviews

Long hours, lot of overtime, can be boring at times sitting in the back of a van. Need to be a go getter and be bale to handle lot of early mornings and working weekends. Room for advancement if you put the work in.
Lots of work. Except during the winter when its part time for all investigators or if it gets slow, then they switch to 4 days a week without warning.
No time for social life, no weekends off for the first 6 months, driving hours to and from work, usually 10-13 hours of sitting in a vehicle with no activity. Horrible management who blames inactivity on the investigators. They’ll put you on probation for 3 months and then in your review make it so you can’t receive more pay or weekends off.
Pros
Company vehicle, gas card
Cons
No breaks, high stress for low pay, non flexible hours, doesn’t worry about safety of workers
If you’re looking for an amazing entryway into the world of investigations I would definitely recommend working here. They give you all the training, tools, and support you need to succeed.
Good work environment. Management was very helpful and responsive. Need to be able to sit in the back of a van for 8 hours. Early hours that can go very late in the day. If you can handle it its a good job and you can move up internally in the company.
Pros
Cons
Work/Life balance
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Don't work for this company if you have a bachelor's degree. You can get a job at Target or Starbucks starting more an hour than this job. Perfect for a high school graduated looking for a job. Lot of sedentary, boring, long days inside the van. You will be inside the van for 5-16 hours a day.Summer is dangerous. It'll be 120° inside your van and the equipment they supply to keep you cool, won't keep you cool. Different start times vary from 4 am to late evening. Rare graveyard shifts.Your personal life will plummet. You don't have weekends off, you will work the days before and after every major holiday, and you won't be able to make plans with family or friendsAll the sacrifices you make are not worth the pay they give you.
Pros
They expense everything you spend for the job, they pay your phone
Cons
Unpredictable of hours, long days with no purpose, high expectations/low compensation
I worked for DigiStream for 7 or 8 months and it was hands down the coolest job I’ve ever had. The PNW management team is compiled of some of the most professional, respectful, helpful and knowledgeable people I’ve ever had the please of working for. Management speaks and treats investigators as their equals. No question is a dumb question, etc. I could go on for days but you get the point. Work here.
Pros
Company vehicle, travel, good pay, awesome management
Cons
No breaks, reports off the clock
Lot of hours and overtime, be prepared to not have a life outside of work. Very difficult to make any sort of plans even a doctors appointment. Management seems nice at first but very soon you learn they do not care about their employees and treat them like they're nothing.
Pros
Pay, overtime, company car is cool to have
Cons
no life outside of job, terrible management
Overall I have no complaints as I have never been misled about the nature and conditions of the job. When you get activity it is exhilarating, as it involves aggressive driving (at times) and surreptitiously following a given subject. Management and office staff do a great job keeping morale high.
Pros
Hours are readily available and it’s not a strenuous job
Cons
Some days require 6 hours of uninterrupted sitting
I have worked at an affiliate as a surveillance investigator, as a surveillance trainer at both an affiliate and VMS, I have worked in the R&D department at VMS and I currently work as a Field Operations Manager in the great state of Minnesota. Working at DigiStream can be very challenging, but it also extremely rewarding. Everywhere I have worked, from the Bay Area, to VMS to Minnesota, I have had great leaders who cared about me and pushed me to get the most out of myself. My advice to anyone currently working here or thinking about working here; work hard, stay humble, and don't be a nuisance. If you can do those 3 things, you will do well.
Pros
the culture, it is interesting work, you are given a lot of freedom, you get to work along side very talented people, opportunity to move up, the founder is awesome
Cons
it can be stressful at times
What I loved most about working at DigiStream's Sacramento office was the people--both management and my coworkers were welcoming and easy to get along with. During training I never felt like I couldn't reach out for help and always felt supported by my supervisor. It is a great place to start your career and they do offer opportunities for advancement!
Pros
Great work culture, high level of work-life balance (leave work at home), clear structure and daily tasks
Cons
Compensation could be higher but again there are opportunities to advance
I was hired to train and went to Sacremento. The trainer deserted me for 2 weeks and would go to her coworkers room all day and chat. When I went back, she blamed me for how the training went. Also, the job is extremely low pay. You can make more working at McDonald’s and get treated better. They do not treat people with respect unless you’re in their club. Stay away. You’ll have nightmares. The 5 star reviews are fake.
Pros
Cons
Trainers in Sacremento
Led the way with top notch investigators and services offered. Works to get what the client needs and has a diverse staff and good training offered. Unfortunately because their talent and rawness was so high end it made it difficult when good people left to pursue other things
High expectations and very competitive. Surveillance staff is measured by the amount of videotape they get on cases and reviewed monthly. A lot of turnover, but the job is definitely oriented toward a specialized skill set.
If you dont mind being micro managed for chump change then this is your company. Training is awful. Even after you leave the company, they will still pester you to show up to court and fill out documents. They don't mind giving employees with families and mortgages 2 days of work a week in order to have alot of investigators on retainer. Low pay, low rate management, low hours
Only do this if you’re a lone wolf, and you don’t care about your physical health and well-being. Be prepared to be stuck in a hot or freezing cold van, no access to bathroom facilities, no breaks, no guaranteed eating break, no care for your “day off.” Also be prepared to have it highly suggested you break traffic laws and put yourself and others in danger just to keep up with the person you’re following. Also be prepared to have to put yourself in danger every day. Pretty much just don’t be a human.
Digistream is the sweatshop of PI industry. Do I need to say more? Lowest pay for long hours (12 to 14 hours) inside your car. You can’t leave. You need to take a dump and whizz inside the car. Heck, they even gave us a water jacket ( you put it on during hot days to stay cool rather alive, grrr). All the reviews here are fake except for one. Stay away!
Long and unpredictable hours. Every day your shift may vary which makes it difficult to have a stable life outside of work. Easy to burn out if not careful. Pay isn't as strong as most prefer, but ability to make solid money considering almost every day has OT.
Lets make things clear, this is a highly demanding job, long hours, stress, long waits, tense situations, you need to be fit, willing to work hard and wake up really early, work weekends too
Digistream is about the money , they don’t care how dedicated you are, loyal or hard working They treat you like a number and if your not part of the good ole boys club, your in trouble
If you want to work and gain experience as a Field Investigator, this is the company and job for you. You will be trained by an elite investigator, you are remote and overall, each day brings new challenges.