Digital Domain

Digital Domain Employee Reviews for Artist

Artist2 reviews
United States2 reviews

Fun place to work with you of film history

Long time goal to work for this company. Was excited to have had the opportunity to join the team and work on such a great project. The pace was fast but the management was never short.

Pros

Great people

Under appreciated and overworked. A truly TOXIC place to work

When I first started at this company, I was really excited! I get to work at a big name company that worked on high end movies and games as well as learning and working with the newest and cutting edge technology, and I really thought that I could see myself spending the rest of my professional career here. Unfortunately, this is where the good part of this company ends. There was a reason why this company had gone through so many bankruptcies. I spent a minimum of 10 hours a day (mandatory) and although I had gotten a chance to learn a variety of tasks and take on a multitude of tasks, I was never appreciated nor was I ever compensated for it. The same was also for my fellow co-workers. Talking to management and HR about getting any kinds of benefits or pay compensation for the years and additional jobs that I had taken on was like pulling teeth. HR was a complete joke. I'm not really too sure what they actually do there besides forward emails. Any time the subject of benefits or pay raises were brought up, it always fell on deaf ears. Everyone that I worked with felt the same and it created a very unhealthy work environment. The excitement of working and advancing in this company was completely gone and you could feel it in the rooms. The hardest part of the job was to pretend like working there wasn't the lowest point in my life. The most enjoyable part of working here was the few times that they provided free lunch.

Pros

Learning new programs and taking on a multitude of tasks and jobs

Cons

Terrible management, HR is a joke, miserable staff, no benefits, no pay raises, no appreciation, toxic work environment, Long hours

Digital Domain insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digital Domain. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits