Digital Management, LLC Employee Reviews

Scattered and inattentive to their employees
Application Programmer (Current Employee) –  located in MD but my job was in WVOctober 28, 2018
DMI was the prime contractor for a government contractor. When the contract was extended they were the only contractor. The onsite management treated us like cogs, easily replaceable and expendable. When questioned about the mass exodus of long time employees, they stated that it was due to fear of the contract. These were employees that had been there for over 10-15 years and had been through multiple contracts. The management rarely would connect with the staff and wouldn't recognize the morale was at an all time low. Other places may have a better experience and DMI corporate may be a different culture. But DMI is one contracting company that I will do my best never to have the pleasure for working for.
Pros
compensation was adequate
Cons
Management was a joke.
Hired great talent!
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVOctober 24, 2018
I have enjoyed working at DMI--the people I work with are wonderful and talented and there is a real family feeling between coworkers. There was a management change a couple years ago and this had a very negative effect on morale and many people who had been with the contract for 20+ years left. Management stated in an all-hands that they were not concerned about the lost talent. Morale sank further. But even so, I have felt blessed to work here because I enjoy the work and the non-management people. And the second level management was very connected with us--especially in the engineering side of the house. Benefits are pretty good. Overall, I would definitely recommend the company, but I would wish people luck with the management--I am sure not all contracts have the issues we had!
Pros
Working with really great people; commute was great; salary was good
Cons
Very low salary increases even with exceptional performance reviews; disconnect with management
In Club
SENIOR DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 1, 2018
If you're not a member of the executive's "in" club, your career will go nowhere fast. They like to bring in their friends over others. The snacks are nice
Pros
Good Salary
Exceptional place to work for in the Information Technology industry
Lead Configuration & Change Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 20, 2018
DMI has been named one of the Best Places to Work for 3 straight years. I really like the benefits and the workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I've had the opportunity to work with a very diverse and intelligent group of people.
Pros
Great Benefits
Immediate Management excellent - upper, not so much
Sr. Systems Administrator (APLES Contract) - DMI (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVNovember 11, 2018
Upper management nitpicks and tries to micromanage. Line management is well informed and technically proficient with a high degree of understanding on how to lead without getting in the way.
Mature professionals may find a lot of the "whiz bang" social rah rah an annoyance, but it can be safely ignored.
Overall a decent company to work for.
Unfortunately, they lost the contract for the site to a company that is much worse.
Good Company but subject to the whims of government contracting
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 15, 2018
I was tasked to set-up a Call center in support of the HSIN network. My day primarily consisted of staffing, logistics, and building the infrastructure for the customer. The management of DMI is fantastic, they did their actual best to give me the tools I needed to get the job done. The only problem is like so many Washington DC contractors they are subject to the whims of the government. Overall the culture people, and management of DMI is great. I would love to work for them again someday.
Exciting Place for Growth and Opportunity
Pricing Analyst/Proposal Lead (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 4, 2018
A great place to work. Wins are exciting, losses are hard, but the team always rallies and tries better the next time. Culture is good, with a lot of opportunity for fun, but balanced with stress and work that can sometimes border on overwhelming depending on department and time of year. HQ is a beautiful office though, so environment is very pleasant.
Pros
HQ workplace, management, benefits
Cons
Stress, overtime, some managers
Usually a good work environment at customer site
Applications Engineer, Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MD 20817November 23, 2018
I liked working at the customer site. I never went to the corporate office and usually only heard from the company via email with an occasional visit by management on site.
The last two years I worked for them we were in an Agile environment with scrum meetings each day.
Fine company to work for
Database Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVNovember 7, 2018
many great people but they no longer hold the contract for the place I work so I'm looking for employment elsewhere.
their salary and benfits are comparable to most.
Loved this company
Program Manager/Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 25, 2018
DMI truly cares about their employees! The company is diverse, fun, and the CEO is down to earth!! He recognizes his employees! DMI is one of the best companies to work for!
Contractor
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 27, 2018
As a contractor it was a great place to work, good pay, good benefits, easy commute. They have great Holiday parties if you work on the corporate side.
Comfortable Work Culture
Engineering Director (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at DMI. Was hoping for a longer employment, but the contract proposal effort didn't work out. The leadership knew they had to spend money to make money, and they did. Workers were a priority.
Pros
Drinks and snacks provided all day, with pizza on Fridays.
Cons
I worked from home most of the time, so I wasn't aware of the office politics.
Toxic
Agile Scrum Master/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2018
They promote do as I say, dont think for yourself. Management has the freedom to belittle the staff and have no regards to the treatment of their employees.
Pros
Pay
Quiet
Procurement Specialist/Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVMay 14, 2018
Work environment for me is easy going. I know what tasks need to be completed by what deadlines. I am left alone to complete these tasks and turn them in to management in timely manner.
I work with amicable staff as I not only do procurement, I do many HR tasks, assist in processing monthly voucher to the government/customer and have daily communications with the corporate office.
Pros
I am not micormanaged
Cons
Sometimes communication among ALL employees is lacking from management
fast paced work environment
Incident/I.T Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAJuly 2, 2018
fast paced work environment, expectations stay high. convoluted management practices. contract negotiation skills are interesting. and movie tickets are given as holiday bonuses.
Pros
WFH opportunities
Cons
work environment
workplace
Support Analyst Tier I/II (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJuly 11, 2018
This company is amazing. The environment is friendly. My leadership is approachable. They have various contracts so they are always availability to work.
benefits
Cons
n/a
N/a
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 23, 2018
Typical work day includes assistance Grantees with HRSA medical grants. The job culture very laid back with of the day being spent at the desk assisting grantees.
Great Company
Team Lead / Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 3, 2018
I had great experience during a 7 year stint on a government contract. Once the company lost the contract the job opportunities where very minimum unless you live in the DC area.
Treated fairly
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 29, 2018
Your customer/contract really determines your experience with DMI if you're a government contractor there. DMI provides 7-10k per year toward education/certs, so that part is up to you.
great place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 10, 2018
I was in sales for Comcast .i like that I went to different places, I help so many people with their problems.The was good and received bounds of doing your job. I didn't like the chargebacks
Pros
good money ever week
Cons
short-term

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digital Management, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.