Digital Realty Employee Reviews

Fast paced and changing duties and management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2018
Digital Realty has gone through a few C-level managers and VP's over the last few years, EXCLUDING the CEO, who has been there for about 5 years at this point.
Job stability for these levels of employees is not good. At times it was almost a revolving door of upper management.
The company is very stable financially and the stock is doing well.
Decent standard benefits.
Pros
Decent pay and bennies
Cons
Unstable management
horrid
Assistant Real Estate Manager - Data Centers (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAAugust 19, 2018
horrible work environment if you aren't young with no kids and in with the boss

Like working with Regina and the crew from mean girls if you weren't liked by the boss
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 8, 2018
Digital reality was a good job and also gave good hours and overtime including benefits.but it was a very important job and also a government job u must do as your tought
Colocation Sales
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2018
Colocation was not a priority for DLR until 2015 when it acquired TelX, and three years later, the integration is still minimal at best. Since the acquisition, they have not had very much success in colocation by comparison to their competitors for a wide variety of reasons. The company believes it is a people problem, and they are known to hire excessively and then fire people within months based on metrics that go back to Day 1 of employment. Whoever hires you will not be your sales manager in for very long. Undoubtably, a new sales manager will be brought in, and you will be marked for termination if you are not above plan at that point. My advice: find a position on their Global accounts team, or look for better long term employment elsewhere.
Pros
Lots of huge companies as references
Cons
Zero brand awareness in colocation
Productive and Fun Work Place
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 30, 2018
I was just there temporary for Contract Role and I don't have much exposure about my experience as a Full time.
Colleagues were friendly to me. I was able to complete my Contract Role Tasks successfully with great Team Collaboration.
Core Team members and Stake Committee were always responsive to project tasks.
Pros
Free Food
Manager of Facility Engineering (Current Employee) –  Dallas TexasJune 15, 2018
Good place to work, they have great benefits. It is a growing company but doesn't hold much stock in their engineers everything seems to be related to the real-estate side
Pros
Cons
Upward Mobility Lack of direction
Fine employer but promotions are hard to come by.
TECHNICIAN II (Current Employee) –  Tukwila,June 11, 2018
I have enjoyed my time with Digital Realty. The Four x 10 Work Week allows for quality/family time usually not afforded in the 24/7/365 telco world. My only issue is due to skeleton crew there is no room for advancement.
Pros
4x 10 schedule.
Cons
Hard to advance.
slow paced
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 3, 2018
very slow paced, check a few people into building and conduct a patrol. There are 3 different schedules, day shift, swing shift, and grave shift. Lunch is after the fourth hour of work.
Changing
Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2018
Digital Realty is continually evolving. Generally a good place to work with great comp and benefits. Significant churn at the executive level as the company reinvents itself.
Pros
Comp
Enjoyed working here, but was laid off.
IT Business Analyst Level (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2018
I would do my work and attend a weekly meeting to cover potential obstacles. I learned a lot on how a worldwide enterprise functions. Upper management could be better if office politics didn't get in the way. There would be at most a yearly off-work function. Hardest part of the job would be that there was rarely a chance for promotion, so all the hardwork that is done is often gone unnoticed. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the coworkers I was able to learn from.
Pros
No Micromanagement, yearly christmas party
Cons
no room for growth
I am disappointed with this company
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 8, 2018
Don't' trust these fools with your career. I joined this company with the high expectations to learn that management is dysfunctional and incapable of communication. There is little training, and less cross training. The DC Ops guys are great. They really know what they are doing. The Marketing Team and the Asset Management team were a pleasure to work with and had a comfortable corporate culture. I can't say the same for Portfolio Ops, and would describe the Northern California mid-management team as incompetent.
Pros
The other teams are a pleasure to work with
Cons
Hyper paranoid management, no collaboration, corrupt people
Company is still trying to define itself
Manager Financial Reporting (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2018
The company was going through constant turnover of personnel. The department was not structured correctly and the position that was offered was not needed.
Great place
Sales Force- Digital Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2018
I think that everyone was very friendly and wanted to see me become successful within the company. It just was hard only being offered 2 days of work a week.
Great Place to Learn, but Low Pay
Business Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2018
Digital Realty is a great place to learn about commercial real estate and the data center industry from the ground up. However, lack of communication between departments and lack of conviction in what is wanted creates an atmosphere in which you aren't sure where your career is heading.
Pros
Stocked kitchen, learning opportunity, mentorship availability
Cons
Uncertainty in career progression
Leader in Data Center Creation
VICE PRESIDENT, Platforms and Integration (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2018
Enjoyed working on challenging problems. Creative solutions from people with a great deal of industry experience. Team work environment and personal growth.
Interned at Digital Realty
Marketing and Events Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Learned from each person on the marketing team at digital realty. Office has a great environment, fully stocked kitchen, great views from battery park.
Industry Leader
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Telx is an industry leader for a reason! This is a great employer with a great strategy. Many great people are employed here and they love what they do.
Management Support is improving
Fl. Manager, (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 2, 2017
Digital absorbed Telx so there were some growing pains as expected. Overall Telx and Digital are a good match. Management has a good handle on both the needs of customers and employees. When resources are requested, they are quickly made available. Support is always a call away.
Pros
Digital Realty is aggressively making positive improvements for customers and staff.
Higher learning
Data center Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2017
Great place to work I learned how to be a leader and take charge. I learned how to deal with customers and clients. I learned about new tech and how to configure systems.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
oncall
Great Company
Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2017
Digital Realty is a great place to learn about the data center industry. There is no other company where you can become involved in large scale, colo, and cloud deals all in one day. It really is the foundation for enterprise technology.
Pros
great experience
Cons
difficult to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digital Realty. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about