DigitalGlobe Employee Reviews

Aerospace Company
Staff Remote Ground Station Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CO 80234November 14, 2018
Very nice place to work, great atmosphere do to the people that work here and love the job. Challenging but fair work that keeps motivation in the office.
DigitalGlobe brought out GeoEye.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VASeptember 2, 2018
I never worked at DigitalGlobe. I worked at GeoEye and the working environment was fun and supportive, The staff was enjoyable to work with and management was very supportive.
I would look elsewhere.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 24, 2018
There are some great people there to work with. Many of the people in management are not good giving their subordinates conflicting orders creating infighting among the internal groups. There is so much inefficiency and the people at the bottom are working their tails off trying to keep the company afloat.
Pros
There are some good benefits.
Cons
You need good benefits becuase the place is insane.
Interesting work
Lead Release Coordinator and DevOps Product Owner (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 25, 2018
I was able to work with some of the most talented developers and DBAs during my time at Digital Globe. It was a very laid back environment without a lot of senseless escalations.
Pros
The staff
Cons
the location
Best place I have ever worked
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 21, 2018
I worked for DigitalGlobe under contract through Creative Circle. I was a front-end developer for the Creative Services team. Was pretty bummed when they told me it was not in the budget to bring me on full time, but in the time I was there I gained a massive amount of extra skills to my development arsenal. I will greatly miss the time I spent there and the co-workers I was around every day.
Pros
All of it.
Cons
Not getting hired full time
Interesting Work with strange work culture
Data/Image Scientist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 20, 2018
The teams within DigitalGlobe are smart, and working on exciting projects. However DigitalGlobes upper management lacks direction and seems to be grasping at straws. The CEO refusal to take a stance on global warming is hypocritical. While few government contractors would take a stance, DigitalGlobe's corporate aim was to be the indispensable source of information about our changing planet.
Good company, leading edge technology
System Administrator/Engineer (Contract/Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 22, 2018
As a contractor, I did have a different perspective working at DigitalGlobe. I will say, it was certainly interesting working for a company that managed a fleet of satellites. These satellites, were used to take pictures of the Earth. If one goes to Google Maps, and use Satellite view, chances are that photo came from DigitalGlobe.

Over the pat 11 years, since I left, DigitalGlobe merged with another satellite imagery provider and is a different company than the one I worked for.

I can say, based upon my experience, the culture was very supportive, communication was done well from top to bottom. They certainly kept their computer technology up to date. Co-workers were very intelligent, but very approachable. Very team oriented. Management truly had an open door policy and listened very well.
Pros
Good culture; great technology; very cooperative
Cons
Growing pains
Great product set and excellent people in general
PRINCIPLE SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 13, 2018
Future driven development mindset, advanced adoption of DevOps technologies. We were way ahead of our time in DevOps.

I loved the company and my fellow engineers. I'd go back if I could stay away from that side of the house.
Pros
Great product and business beliefs. Highly technical and advanced in the operations.
just don't.
lead analyst (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 27, 2018
there are zero reasons to work for DG. it's all about money, delaying your promotions for months over a fraction of a cent an hour, 3 days off if an immediate family member dies, mediocre at best insurance, you'll be expected to work 10 hour days but you'll only get paid for 8, and god help you if you ever need anything from the company. just don't do it. it's awful and you'll waste your life. oh, and by the way, i wasn't some peon either. i have 4 degrees and was a team lead.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything.
Interesting place to work
Senior Project Manager, Commercial Production (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 16, 2018
Interesting work and good benefits but quality of management is poor in some areas. DG tends to have yearly layoffs and then hires replacements. Worth consideration for the right manager and position.
Pros
Interesting technology
Cons
Management quality highly variable
QA Sr. Engineer (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 27, 2017
Strictly manual black box testing contract work for sprint stories, even though the interview highlighted interest in my automation and advanced QA process skills. Little to no training was provided even though I worked with people who had a lot of application knowledge and time at DG.
Cons
There was little direct interest or interaction with my manager.
Digitalglobe
Senior Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 29, 2017
Digitalglobe is not a terrible place to work, there are good benefits and good people there. It's very hard to to advance your career at all however and this lends itself to a rather cutthroat environment where normally good people turn into monsters trying to get ahead of their co-workers. This leads to an atmosphere of mistrust and paranoia which can be quite unbearable at times.
Pros
Good benefits, Paid PTO
Cons
Hyper competitive culture, No career advancement.
Toxic environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 1, 2017
Cloud Services department is a very hostile work environment. The developers run the show and the management isn't very supportive. I expected so much more of this company. Honestly this has been one of the worst experiences. I hear in other departments the people are very happy and it's very different.
Tread carefully
Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 26, 2017
Interesting company, poor management, poor job security, poor decisions from the top. Top heavy with VPs, salaries are not competitive, employees are treated more as commodities than people.
Benefits
Cons
Hire/fire culture, employees are viewed as dispensable.
Great place to start
Imagery Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 5, 2017
As a recent grad starting off, DigitalGlobe is a great place to get started. They offer advancement as well as job satisfaction. Great place to learn more about the geospatial industry.
Great place to work. Keeps you busy.
Data Wrangler (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 23, 2017
I learned a lot while I was there. I interned there for 2 summers and acquired a great deal of knowledge. The company culture is very great and everyone gets their work done. However, even after working there for 2 summers, they didn't offer me a full time job.
Falling Flat
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  COMay 27, 2017
The company' goal is phenomenal, they just need some decent management to set a tone for everyone. The culture i heard about I have not yet seen put into action.

Pretty simple- you will join and start to feel the culture within 6 months and then start looking for nevx job
Pros
cool building and work
Cons
greedy managers are the only ones that get bonuses or stock
Incredible employees - great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  DenverMay 15, 2017
DG is probably one of the best places to work in the Denver metro area. Incredibly smart, talented, and engaged employee team despite a highly disconnected executive team. The company has succeeded because the vision of the founder and the dedication and perseverance of a brilliant technical team. Great work-life balance, strong benefits package, sponsored activities throughout the year, and a strong can-do attitude make DG a very special place.
Pros
Great team members, can-do attitude
Cons
Entitled executive team reaping excessive compensation relative to performance
Did not work for Digital Gloge
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 4, 2017
Worked for SpaceImaging, not Digital Globe. Digital may have purchased SI, but I did not work for the company once acquired. My experience was with SI.
Cons
Learned about satellites from start to finish.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2017
The work was very interesting since I had no experience with satellite manufacture.

Met the CEO the first day and he was genuine. He gave me a hard time for wearing a suit, apparently I was overdressed.

The other employees were very knowledgeable and friendly.